2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's your Bed to Cab fit like on your F-150's

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 01:20 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How's your Bed to Cab fit like on your F-150's

I have an 08' F-150 and the fit of the bed to cab is off a little on the driver side everything lines up otherwise so if I moved the bed over it would be off so thats out of the question. Back window is perfect with bed so dont see what is wrong or would need adjusting. Passenger side bed to cab is perfect, driver side it's like 1/4 inch off from spot on with bed. Noticed when looking down the sides of the truck from the rear looking towards the front the cab sticks out a bit but the passenger side it plush. I was drying the truck f and was running a towel down the side and it dipped in and gave a closer look and noticed this. Also looked at alot of the F-150's on a dealers lot and several have this poor fit as well and all were on the driver's side. Some were perfect others were off more then mine.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:45 PM
dfishrmn88
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never thought it but just checked mine and they close enough to even as to not be noticed.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:01 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Loosen your bed bolts and adjust the bed until you are happy with the alignment of it, easiest quickest way to do it. Save yourself a trip to the dealer where they probably won't fix it to satisfaction anyways.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:45 AM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
Originally Posted by rollerstud98
Loosen your bed bolts and adjust the bed until you are happy with the alignment of it, easiest quickest way to do it. Save yourself a trip to the dealer where they probably won't fix it to satisfaction anyways.
Ya but if i do that then it will be not centered with cab. I talking about the sides bed to cab, if i look from behind lining up tailgate to back window it's perfect then I look at the sides and passenger side bed to cab seems ok but drivers side bed to cab seems like it could be better. dont know.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:35 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
hey Steelhorse, are you hypochondriatic?

exhaust, bed, cab, axle...all this stuff doesn't line up

I'm trying to visialize what you're saying in post #4, but I just can't. Are you talking about how far the bed sticks out in comparison to the cab?

take a ruler and lay it across the bed and cab. 1/2 on each. does it lay flat on each side of the truck, or does it get "cocked" and not sit flatly?

as for adjustments, you can move the cab maybe 1/16 to 1/8" of an inch. there isn't much play. the bed can be adjust quite liberally though.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:45 AM
svt2205
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tylus

Old 04-19-2008, 09:42 AM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User

I'm trying to visialize what you're saying in post #4, but I just can't. Are you talking about how far the bed sticks out in comparison to the cab?

take a ruler and lay it across the bed and cab. 1/2 on each. does it lay flat on each side of the truck, or does it get "cocked" and not sit flatly?

as for adjustments, you can move the cab maybe 1/16 to 1/8" of an inch. there isn't much play. the bed can be adjust quite liberally though.
meanie....

Old 04-19-2008, 10:37 AM
SteelHorse08
Senior User

No, driver side is cocked not flat against bed to cab on driver side, in #4 post I was stating that when standing behind the truck you see everthing lines up good , using the rear bumper as a guide and see the bed to cab is good so if I moved one of these then it will be off. Thats what Iam trying to explain, without pictures showing ,it's tough to explain. Also what were you talking about exhaust ,axle, bed to cab and ya did this emblem as well what is this that you dont understand? Thanks for all help

Old 04-19-2008, 01:39 PM
the_webers_inc
A mostly quiet Supporter
So the alignment of the box looks good -- just not the box side on the drivers side? I would guess that maybe your box side is sprung a bit causing it to bow out up front? -or- Maybe that box side was 1/4 of an inch out of alignment when it was being welded in place.

Darn robots!

T. J.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:10 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
Ya like was mentioned above, almost unnoticable but can tell still. I had a bedliner sprayed in maybe it happened then, who knows. dealer lot there's alot like this on XL's and XLT's but on the upgraded packeages like Lariat, etc. looks really good.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Originally Posted by SteelHorse08
Also what were you talking about exhaust ,axle, bed to cab and ya did this emblem as well what is this that you dont understand?
weren't you the guy with the misaligned axle, and the exhaust that isn't hanging right?

if not, I appologize. I surf 3 different forums and sometimes get confused

Old 04-20-2008, 05:42 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
weren't you the guy with the misaligned axle, and the exhaust that isn't hanging right?

I think the exhaust was Ryan50hrl (the mod)...The axle, cab, bed, cowling, and some other aches and pains is Steelehorse though.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:41 PM
moonlighter
Senior User

tylus... you may be surfing too much..ha ha

Old 04-21-2008, 04:05 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

well, 2 are for the F-150, and the 3rd is for the Durango

Old 04-21-2008, 11:00 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
Tylus, now look at yours at drivers side on the lower panel of bed to cab notice how it's goes inward some vs. the passenger side is straight on? I was looking at your gallery and the pic. that shows the driver side looks exactly like mine, so maybe normal after all, dont know.

Quick Reply: How's your Bed to Cab fit like on your F-150's