Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 or 4.2 V6 engine
SPONSORED BY:
Click HereAdvertisement

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Senior User

jaym69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
installing Remote starter

I am installing a remote starter on my 06 F150 Screw and I can't find the pink/orange wire (unlock switch sense). The install instructions say that it is at the driver's side rear sill plate harness. I don't see the wire and am not sure which harness and where the harness is. It is a ford starter with keyless and alarm. What does the wire do? what if i don't hook it up? Can anyone help.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Elder User

Ford Fx4 has a good reputation on FTE.Ford Fx4 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaym69
I am installing a remote starter on my 06 F150 Screw and I can't find the pink/orange wire (unlock switch sense). The install instructions say that it is at the driver's side rear sill plate harness. I don't see the wire and am not sure which harness and where the harness is. It is a ford starter with keyless and alarm. What does the wire do? what if i don't hook it up? Can anyone help.
I just got done installing my remote starter a few days ago....The unlock wire should be right at the front of the drivers side sill plate...... after you pop off that plastic trim piece and pull off the plastic cover around the hood release… you should see a main bundle of wires cut the tape holding them together and open it up a little so you can see them better…..you have to dig a bit to find the unlock wire if I remember correctly. It should be there……if you don’t hook it up you will not be able to unlock the doors with the keyfob.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Senior User

Thanks I will look there. This looks like it will take another day to complete by the time I organize the wires and hook them all up.

Another question - I unhooked the green harness that has the wire colors for the lock and unlock and the power locks and dome light still work and are unaffected by the harness being disconnected. What does the green harness at the driver's kick panel do and are those the correct wires for lock and unlock switch and lock motor? I have not cut any wires yet. I am still running wires to their general areas. This is a time consuming project.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Thanks I will look there. This looks like it will take another day to complete by the time I organize the wires and hook them all up.

Another question - I unhooked the green harness that has the wire colors for the lock and unlock and the power locks and dome light still work and are unaffected by the harness being disconnected. What does the green harness at the driver's kick panel do and are those the correct wires for lock and unlock switch and lock motor? I have not cut any wires yet. I am still running wires to their general areas. This is a time consuming project.
I am not sure about the green harness, I do not have the Ford remote start, I have an ultra starter and did not have to hook up nothing for the dome light.

Although I do have the wiring diagram for the ford remote starter/alarm....I could attach it if I knew how to...it is a PDF file.....I will try to post up the pages for you

I see that you also said that you are looking for the unlock wire which is pink/orange....it is not pink/orange it is pink/green.....here is a list of all the wires you should need to grab from your truck

PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT

YES TRANSPONDER SEE NOTES
12 VOLTS Green/violet Ignition switch harness +
IGNITION Blue/green Ignition switch harness +
ACCESSORY Black/green Ignition switch harness +
STARTER Red/lt. blue
Ignition switch harness +
KEY SENSE Black/pink Ignition switch harness +
TACH SIGNAL Opposite of Red/green At any coil on engine AC
FUEL INJECTOR Opposite of Red At any injector on engine AC
LOCK Pink/yellow Low in driver's kickpanel -
UNLOCK Pink/green Low in driver's kickpanel -
DOORPIN Black/Yellow & Black/Pink Driver's kick panel -
Click the image to open in full size.
Doorpins in this vehicle are independent, WITHOUT factory keyless Drivers door is Black/Yellow, Passenger Door is Black/Pink,found in gray plug in drivers kick panel, With factory keyless Drivers door is Black/Yellow, Passenger door is Black/Pink, Left rear door is Black/Lt.Blue, Right Rear Door is black/White , All wires are found at B.C.M. behind rear driver's side panel.
BRAKESWITCH Green At switch above brake pedal +
PARKLIGHTS Brown At light switch harness +
HAND BRAKE Lt.green/red At switch on handbrake lever -
HORN Dk.blue At steering column -
HEADLIGHTS Red/yellow At light switch harness +
VSS WIRE Gray/black In radio harness behind radio
TRANSPONDER IGNITION Red/lt.green In 4-pin plug on steering column +
TRANSPONDER DATA 1 Gray/orange In 4-pin plug on steering column DATA
TRANSPONDER DATA 2 White/lt.green In 4-pin plug on steering column DATA
TRANSPONDER GROUND Black/lt.blue In 4-pin plug on steering column -
Old 02-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Elder User

ok this should work

go here

http://rapidshare.com/files/96006196/Remote_Start_Installation_Guide.pdf.zip.html

Click on free download and wait for it to count down then enter the code and download

you want pages 218 to 221

Yea it does take some time to put in, when I did mine I took all of my wires that were going to the same location and taped them together with electric tape. The ones that I did not use I looped together and tied them off at the unit.

In the drivers kick panel I picked up my lock, unlock, brake input, and ground

Behind the headlight switch I pick up my parking light input

At the steering column I grabbed the Starter, ignition, 12vlots, Accessory, and horn

I ran my tach wire out to the drivers side front fuel injector, ran it in the same grommet as the hood release cable.

And at the key-in my two wires for the bypass.

Hopes this helps
Old 02-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Senior User

I am looking for the "unlock sense wire". The instructions list --- a door lock, door unlock, lock motor, driver's door unlcok motor, and an unlock switch sense. My instructions list them all at the driver's kick panel except the unlock switch sense (pink/orange) which it lists as rear sill plate. The pink/green is listed as the "door unlock" not the "unlock switch sense". It lists connecting all the wires. It may be for the alarm part of the system. I going to still check in the taped together wires.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Elder User

oops, sorry missed that part

The unlock sense wire would be for the alarm, so it knows when the doors are locked and unlocked, knowing when to active.

If you don't connect it I would say that the alarm would go off every time you open the door. That is if you connect the lock sense wire and not the unlock sense wire, the system will think that the doors are locked when you open the doors.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Elder User

jaym69

I am looking at the wire diagram that I posted a link to....the wire should be there...

A-12 LT---- GREEN Unlock---- Switch Sense----Unlock Switch Sense (PINK/ORANGE) + ---- PASSNEGER DOOR JAMB BOOT
Old 02-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Senior User

I am not going to use the starter interrupt from the remote starter. Do I still need to connect a wire to starter wire? I am guessing I do but I don't think I ran that violet wire to steering column. I hate it when I make more work for myself.

The install instructions I have for the 2006 F150 list the "unlock sense wire" as driver's rear sill plate harness. I will have to look for it in morning, it has to be there some where. It looks like the sense wire is used with keyless and not only the alarm instruction.

Thanks for help so far. I hope to complete this project soon.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Elder User

Quote:
I am not going to use the starter interrupt from the remote starter. Do I still need to connect a wire to starter wire? I am guessing I do but I don't think I ran that violet wire to steering column. I hate it when I make more work for myself.
Yes, you will still need to run the starter wire from the unit to the one in the steering column

You should have a total of five wires going there....Starter, ignition, 12volts, Accessory, and horn.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Senior User

I am still looking for the pink/orange wire for unlock sense and can't find it near the kick panel. maybe I will have to look at the rear sill plate harness where ever that is.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:59 AM
New User

tdenman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does anybody have a copy of the reprogramming instructions for the OEM factory Starter Alarm works but start doesn't after a dead battery
Old 01-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Elder User

Still Smoking is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just tried to install a remote start something got messed up. Had everything hooked up right but some how there was faulty ground wires and the fuse panel was messed up. But anyways my instructions said the lock was pink with a yellow trace and the unlock was pink with a green trace or vise versa cant remeber off hand. Well anyways I hooked it up like they said and when I hit the lock the horn would honk once like its suppose to and show the lock on the remote cause its a 2way remote. Well the lock wouldnt lock or when I hit unlock the horn would honk twice and wouldnt unlock it. I dont know what was going on but its getting installed tomorrow by someone else.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Posting Guru

mattd17 is starting off with a positive reputation.
whenever i install a remote starter, i like to verify the wiring color codes through at least 2 sources.... i have found errors a couple times. also, just because you get the right color codes, you may not always get the right wires....... do you know how many wires there can be that meet the correct color code? by verifying with more than 1 source, you will sometimes get a better idea of where the needed wires are hiding.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Elder User

SDTruckMan is starting off with a positive reputation.
What brand remote start did you guys go with?
2nd Mod - Tinted Front Windows
3rd Mod - Truxedo Tonneau Cover
4th Mod - Mag Light Mount
5th Mod - WeatherTech Front Liners
6th Mod - Edge Evo
7th Mod - EZ Down
8th Mod - Nitto TGs
9th Mod - Bed Lights

Old 01-26-2009, 08:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150

Tags
07, 150, 2009, f150, ignition, install, installing, remote, sense, start, starter, switch, transponder, unlock, wiring