Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   installing Remote starter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/714027-installing-remote-starter.html)

jaym69 02-29-2008 01:11 PM

installing Remote starter

I am installing a remote starter on my 06 F150 Screw and I can't find the pink/orange wire (unlock switch sense). The install instructions say that it is at the driver's side rear sill plate harness. I don't see the wire and am not sure which harness and where the harness is. It is a ford starter with keyless and alarm. What does the wire do? what if i don't hook it up? Can anyone help.

Ford Fx4 02-29-2008 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by jaym69
I am installing a remote starter on my 06 F150 Screw and I can't find the pink/orange wire (unlock switch sense). The install instructions say that it is at the driver's side rear sill plate harness. I don't see the wire and am not sure which harness and where the harness is. It is a ford starter with keyless and alarm. What does the wire do? what if i don't hook it up? Can anyone help.

I just got done installing my remote starter a few days ago....The unlock wire should be right at the front of the drivers side sill plate...... after you pop off that plastic trim piece and pull off the plastic cover around the hood release… you should see a main bundle of wires cut the tape holding them together and open it up a little so you can see them better…..you have to dig a bit to find the unlock wire if I remember correctly. It should be there……if you don’t hook it up you will not be able to unlock the doors with the keyfob.

jaym69 02-29-2008 03:15 PM

Thanks I will look there. This looks like it will take another day to complete by the time I organize the wires and hook them all up.

Another question - I unhooked the green harness that has the wire colors for the lock and unlock and the power locks and dome light still work and are unaffected by the harness being disconnected. What does the green harness at the driver's kick panel do and are those the correct wires for lock and unlock switch and lock motor? I have not cut any wires yet. I am still running wires to their general areas. This is a time consuming project.

Ford Fx4 02-29-2008 03:33 PM

Thanks I will look there. This looks like it will take another day to complete by the time I organize the wires and hook them all up.

Another question - I unhooked the green harness that has the wire colors for the lock and unlock and the power locks and dome light still work and are unaffected by the harness being disconnected. What does the green harness at the driver's kick panel do and are those the correct wires for lock and unlock switch and lock motor? I have not cut any wires yet. I am still running wires to their general areas. This is a time consuming project.

I am not sure about the green harness, I do not have the Ford remote start, I have an ultra starter and did not have to hook up nothing for the dome light.

Although I do have the wiring diagram for the ford remote starter/alarm....I could attach it if I knew how to...it is a PDF file.....I will try to post up the pages for you

I see that you also said that you are looking for the unlock wire which is pink/orange....it is not pink/orange it is pink/green.....here is a list of all the wires you should need to grab from your truck

<table id="ppp" style="margin-top: 5px;" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="font-weight: bold;">PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT

</td> <td> YES</td> <td> TRANSPONDER </td> <td align="center"> SEE NOTES </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> 12 VOLTS</td> <td> Green/violet</td> <td> Ignition switch harness </td> <td align="center"> + </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> IGNITION</td> <td> Blue/green</td> <td> Ignition switch harness </td> <td align="center"> + </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> ACCESSORY</td> <td> Black/green</td> <td> Ignition switch harness </td> <td align="center"> + </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> STARTER</td> <td> Red/lt. blue
</td> <td> Ignition switch harness </td> <td align="center"> + </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> KEY SENSE</td> <td> Black/pink</td> <td> Ignition switch harness </td> <td align="center"> + </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> TACH SIGNAL</td> <td> Opposite of Red/green</td> <td> At any coil on engine </td> <td align="center"> AC </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> FUEL INJECTOR</td> <td> Opposite of Red</td> <td> At any injector on engine </td> <td align="center"> AC </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> LOCK</td> <td> Pink/yellow</td> <td> Low in driver's kickpanel </td> <td align="center"> - </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> UNLOCK</td> <td> Pink/green</td> <td> Low in driver's kickpanel </td> <td align="center"> - </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> DOORPIN</td> <td> Black/Yellow & Black/Pink</td> <td> Driver's kick panel </td> <td align="center"> - </td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"> <t> <t> </t></t><table class="NotesTable" cellspadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> http://www.installogy.com/SharedVSit...blue_right.jpg</td> <td width="1">
</td> <td style="font-size: 10pt;" valign="top" width="100%">Doorpins in this vehicle are independent, WITHOUT factory keyless Drivers door is Black/Yellow, Passenger Door is Black/Pink,found in gray plug in drivers kick panel, With factory keyless Drivers door is Black/Yellow, Passenger door is Black/Pink, Left rear door is Black/Lt.Blue, Right Rear Door is black/White , All wires are found at B.C.M. behind rear driver's side panel.</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> BRAKESWITCH</td> <td> Green</td> <td> At switch above brake pedal </td> <td align="center"> + </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> PARKLIGHTS</td> <td> Brown</td> <td> At light switch harness </td> <td align="center"> + </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> HAND BRAKE</td> <td> Lt.green/red</td> <td> At switch on handbrake lever </td> <td align="center"> - </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> HORN</td> <td> Dk.blue</td> <td> At steering column </td> <td align="center"> - </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> HEADLIGHTS</td> <td> Red/yellow</td> <td> At light switch harness </td> <td align="center"> + </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> VSS WIRE</td> <td> Gray/black</td> <td> In radio harness behind radio </td> <td align="center"> </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> TRANSPONDER IGNITION</td> <td> Red/lt.green</td> <td> In 4-pin plug on steering column </td> <td align="center"> + </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> TRANSPONDER DATA 1</td> <td> Gray/orange</td> <td> In 4-pin plug on steering column </td> <td align="center"> DATA </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> TRANSPONDER DATA 2</td> <td> White/lt.green</td> <td> In 4-pin plug on steering column </td> <td align="center"> DATA </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> TRANSPONDER GROUND</td> <td> Black/lt.blue</td> <td> In 4-pin plug on steering column </td> <td align="center"> - </td></tr></tbody></table>

Ford Fx4 02-29-2008 03:59 PM

ok this should work

go here

http://rapidshare.com/files/96006196/Remote_Start_Installation_Guide.pdf.zip.html

Click on free download and wait for it to count down then enter the code and download

you want pages 218 to 221

Yea it does take some time to put in, when I did mine I took all of my wires that were going to the same location and taped them together with electric tape. The ones that I did not use I looped together and tied them off at the unit.

In the drivers kick panel I picked up my lock, unlock, brake input, and ground

Behind the headlight switch I pick up my parking light input

<o></o>At the steering column I grabbed the Starter, ignition, 12vlots, Accessory, and horn

I ran my tach wire out to the drivers side front fuel injector, ran it in the same grommet as the hood release cable.

<o></o>And at the key-in my two wires for the bypass.

<o></o>Hopes this helps

jaym69 02-29-2008 05:25 PM

I am looking for the "unlock sense wire". The instructions list --- a door lock, door unlock, lock motor, driver's door unlcok motor, and an unlock switch sense. My instructions list them all at the driver's kick panel except the unlock switch sense (pink/orange) which it lists as rear sill plate. The pink/green is listed as the "door unlock" not the "unlock switch sense". It lists connecting all the wires. It may be for the alarm part of the system. I going to still check in the taped together wires.

Ford Fx4 02-29-2008 06:06 PM

oops, sorry missed that part

The unlock sense wire would be for the alarm, so it knows when the doors are locked and unlocked, knowing when to active.

If you don't connect it I would say that the alarm would go off every time you open the door. That is if you connect the lock sense wire and not the unlock sense wire, the system will think that the doors are locked when you open the doors.

Ford Fx4 02-29-2008 06:17 PM

jaym69

I am looking at the wire diagram that I posted a link to....the wire should be there...

A-12 LT---- GREEN Unlock---- Switch Sense----Unlock Switch Sense (PINK/ORANGE) + ---- PASSNEGER DOOR JAMB BOOT

jaym69 02-29-2008 07:27 PM

I am not going to use the starter interrupt from the remote starter. Do I still need to connect a wire to starter wire? I am guessing I do but I don't think I ran that violet wire to steering column. I hate it when I make more work for myself.

The install instructions I have for the 2006 F150 list the "unlock sense wire" as driver's rear sill plate harness. I will have to look for it in morning, it has to be there some where. It looks like the sense wire is used with keyless and not only the alarm instruction.

Thanks for help so far. I hope to complete this project soon.

Ford Fx4 02-29-2008 08:23 PM

I am not going to use the starter interrupt from the remote starter. Do I still need to connect a wire to starter wire? I am guessing I do but I don't think I ran that violet wire to steering column. I hate it when I make more work for myself.

Yes, you will still need to run the starter wire from the unit to the one in the steering column

You should have a total of five wires going there....Starter, ignition, 12volts, Accessory, and horn.

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

jaym69 03-01-2008 01:41 PM

I am still looking for the pink/orange wire for unlock sense and can't find it near the kick panel. maybe I will have to look at the rear sill plate harness where ever that is.

tdenman 01-25-2009 09:59 AM

Does anybody have a copy of the reprogramming instructions for the OEM factory Starter Alarm works but start doesn't after a dead battery

Still Smoking 01-25-2009 02:05 PM

I just tried to install a remote start something got messed up. Had everything hooked up right but some how there was faulty ground wires and the fuse panel was messed up. But anyways my instructions said the lock was pink with a yellow trace and the unlock was pink with a green trace or vise versa cant remeber off hand. Well anyways I hooked it up like they said and when I hit the lock the horn would honk once like its suppose to and show the lock on the remote cause its a 2way remote. Well the lock wouldnt lock or when I hit unlock the horn would honk twice and wouldnt unlock it. I dont know what was going on but its getting installed tomorrow by someone else.

mattd17 01-26-2009 11:10 AM

whenever i install a remote starter, i like to verify the wiring color codes through at least 2 sources.... i have found errors a couple times. also, just because you get the right color codes, you may not always get the right wires....... do you know how many wires there can be that meet the correct color code? by verifying with more than 1 source, you will sometimes get a better idea of where the needed wires are hiding.

SDTruckMan 01-26-2009 08:04 PM

What brand remote start did you guys go with?