Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
Delays and bad news

Power for my garage is going to have to wait a bit.
The power pole in my yard looks like it was a temporary setup 40years ago when this pace was installed. I found out how bad it is when I went to walk the dogs the other day- bumped the pole and it almost fell over. What I'm looking at now is removing the pole entirely, install a meter socket and weatherhead on the garage, with a main disconnect for the house (since there isn't one on the distribution panel in the house) and a line through the wall to the panel for the garage.
Fun to be had-
Old 02-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Posting Guru

whitebenz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you need a new pole let me know I have one. If it were up to me I would Leave it on the pole because I don't like playing with puget sound energy

dj
1984 E-350 Centurion Cruiser
6.9 turbo diesel
1988 F-250 4x4 xlt lariat
super cab 7.3 diesel 5spd
Pics of my son racing his Ford
See Thing One race his first race
Old 02-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
I'm leaning towards putting the service on the garage because then I can get rid of the pole, and my trailer will fit between the house and garage.
It's a really odd layout, there's about 11ft between the two, but the pole is right in the middle so nothing can get by. It's also such a long run from pole to pole the pole at the house needs to be braced, but the only place to hook a guy wire is to the house itself. And of course, you can't put the power on the side of a mobile.
Besides, it'll probably make it easier to run power in the garage, it'll just have to be taken care of first.

Last edited by Ford_Six; 02-17-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Set another pole...last price I saw was about $180 for the pole. Of course you have to get the extras.

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 02-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Have a nice Beer!!!

lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Just bury everything. New meter w/disconnect to the house and panel for the garage very simple. Jared, I will definately be in the area weekend of May 3rd. NHRDA races at Bremerton Portable Raceway. Might be sooner if weather gets above 75 before to get the boat out of storage at parents.

1999 F350 stock as stock can get. Ignition kill switch and Trailer Brakes. Sold it...way to much blow by.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Posting Guru

Correct me if I am wrong but if you put the service on the side of the garage then you have to bring all electrical in the building up to 2008 code.
6.9 turbo diesel
Old 02-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

No electrical in the garage as of yet, so to bring it up to code would require the installation of one GFCI outlet.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:48 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebenz
Correct me if I am wrong but if you put the service on the side of the garage then you have to bring all electrical in the building up to 2008 code.
hey when did you show up here again and not say hi to me ?
Old 02-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Have a nice Beer!!!

lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Or you can install a GFI breaker. Almost the same price nowadays.

1999 F350 stock as stock can get. Ignition kill switch and Trailer Brakes. Sold it...way to much blow by.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Have a nice Beer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebenz
Everything would have to be up to code before PSE would reconnect. They look for the little sticker on the meter.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:52 AM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil1ion
People know the best place to go...LMFAO

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 02-18-2008, 01:58 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil1ion
OOPS!!! forgot to pm someone.
6.9 turbo diesel
Old 02-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Posting Guru

nighthawk285 has a very good reputation on FTE.nighthawk285 has a very good reputation on FTE.nighthawk285 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmybeer
Just bury everything. New meter w/disconnect to the house and panel for the garage very simple. Jared, I will definately be in the area weekend of May 3rd. NHRDA races at Bremerton Portable Raceway. Might be sooner if weather gets above 75 before to get the boat out of storage at parents.
just out of curiosity, since I am young and apparently not knowledgable in such things, but.........what is a Portable Raceway? Is it like a hot wheels track where the pieces slip together so you can take it with you? im a little lost on this one....

sorry for the off topichijack
Old 02-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Dyno races?
Tom ,would you happen to have a meter socket or 200amp outdoor main disconnect laying around?

Last edited by Ford_Six; 02-26-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Have a nice Beer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Six
Dyno races?
Tom ,would you happen to have a meter socket or 200amp outdoor main disconnect laying around?
I actually had both about 2 months ago.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter