Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > South Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

South Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Senior User

YoungMT Hick is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation Need A Bumper Built

as most of you know i will be getting my truck in mid january. the truck does not have a front bumper due to the body lift (3") and i want something better than the original on brakets. i am looking for a pre-runner tube bumper with a winch mount and front skid plat. preety general. does not have to have storage but mounts for off road light perfered. looking to lend the truck out for a bit to build. not a highboy frame so what ever frame spacing that is. has to fit over the stock grill lip like the original bumper. please send ideas prices wants concerns, questions. need helpon the idea ya maybe need help with the build he// yess. thanks guys looking to get to know most of you

FN/MM Kuper, Kenneth USN
Old 12-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Postmaster

FTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to all
Idunthave1yet
A bump to make sure you don't get lost in traffic....

I've only had help in building one bumper so far (for '96? SD)... but I don't know If I
remembered all the things we Wouldn't do on the next time around.

Altho... one thing we did keep in mind during the build was to Start the build off of the truck to begin with (to make sure the mounts are 100% correct). Then we just kept the "body lines" in check with the new bumper (we didn't want a squared-off bumper for a "rounded-off" truck)

Other than that, I'm unsure... hopefully the others will chime in soon.......

by the way...I didn't have a pic handy but this picture is Similar to what it looked like except the main body of the bumper was more "rounded-looking" http://www.hbsteel.net/ca_11.aspx
Old 12-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Senior User

ya thats kinda what i want but something more prerunner style front hoop large. but i will try and find ideas if anyone thinks they would like to do it let me know the truk will be in goose creek
Old 12-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Senior User

does nobody do any custom work around here? just wondering or if i need to look for local shops
Old 12-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Post Fiend

TheWiz427 has a good reputation on FTE.TheWiz427 has a good reputation on FTE.TheWiz427 has a good reputation on FTE.
I have a homebuilt tube bumper from my 48 laying around here somewhere I'm not gonna use. It's a little over 6' and 3 1/2" on the tube size, I'll try to get a pic today. It's a heavy bugger!
Old 12-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Senior User

thanks for the pic
Old 12-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Postmaster

FTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to all
Idunthave1yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMT Hick
does nobody do any custom work around here? just wondering or if i need to look for local shops
I don't exactly know what shop you are "looking" for... but up here we have a few "ordinary" metal fab shops that offer things like this. So (IMO) you may want to look that way instead of just a regular "Truck accessory shop".
Old 12-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Post Fiend

TheWiz427 has a good reputation on FTE.TheWiz427 has a good reputation on FTE.TheWiz427 has a good reputation on FTE.
I don't have all the equipment to custom up a bumper. This could be a starting point if ya wanted to build it yourself, Here's the pic:
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by TheWiz427; 12-05-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Senior User

ok the bumper i am looking for is a front bumper. tube style front skid plate and a place to mount a winch. similar to the websits bronco. larger skid plate larger and taller main front hoop tall as the hood on my truck or a little more. lights mounting tabs and tubes extending farther down and connecting back to the frame.

http://broncozone.com/70specs.htm
Old 12-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Postmaster

Idunthave1yet
That looks kind of like some sort of Baja bumper offspring...
Old 12-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Senior User

ya some sort lol. if i can get my original drawing of my bumber on here so you can get an idea or what i realy want i will try but until then thats all i have to go off of
Old 12-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Post Fiend

STGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to behold
If I had a tubing bender Id jump on it. If you come up with a design with a little less bends Id still help you out.

Looks like fun.

bend...drink....tack....drink....lay a bead drink the rest and repeat!
Old 12-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Postmaster

Idunthave1yet
I guess you just have to make sure you don't tack your drink to the bend then... eh?

I'd like to start back welding- and possibly help on a weekend or so... but the only welder in the garage probably hasn't been used in 10-15 (if not more) years... Its an Astro. G'Pa supposedly welded upto 3/16"-1/4" steel with it...
If anything, maybe I could help scab the material (we have a Mat'l surplus yard up here)
Old 12-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Postmaster

Idunthave1yet
Any news on that bumper?
Old 12-29-2007, 09:38 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > South Carolina Chapter