N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Ultimate Compliment ....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:00 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultimate Compliment ....

Today, I was finishing the wiring on the F100 for my tow bar setup and this guy stops right in the middle of the street and says ..... Man, that's a nice old Ford truck! He goes on to say that he's owned a lot of Ford's in the past but, he picked up his old Chevy PU (which he was driving by the way) and really wished he hadn't.

He continued to talk to me about this and that for about a half hour while I was finishing up.

I mean the truck was dirty ... I had all sorts of crap all over the place tools etc... chains ... wiring...

Just wait until this thing is done ... Then I'll have to put her in the garage because I'll be afraid someone will drive her off. j/k

This truck get almost as much attention and '67 Camaro get when you fire it up. Lol.... At least there are other people in the world that can see beauty in a truck and that's kinda cool.

For those of you that haven't seen her. She's not a show truck... but, you know it's used on a daily basis when you see her... I think that's what counts in these guys eyes....

So that made my day ... ;-)

I almost forgot. I was driving by a Body Shop and this guy yells out "sharp truck" as well today.

Let me say, I have to do a callout and thank all you guys for your input and help this past year. It's really meant a lot to me. FTE - FTW !!!!

Last edited by Mecinoid; 10-18-2007 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:34 AM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
That is one sharp truck you have there. Let me know if you're ever interested in selling it.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:00 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Rodholder ... In the works...

Thanks for the kind words. I have seen better in our '56 Forum. Granted you don't see too many '73's fixed up yet. But, I'll bet it's just a matter of time.

Well, I might sell her in a few years. And I can be bought for the right price. ;-) By then, she'll have a rebuilt 460 with over 400HP, Locking 3.73 gears, driveline disconnects, sways, new tires, wheels, AC Gear Vendor overdrive, smooth blocked body, and fresh paint... same color if I can pull it off.

However, most likely she'll get the tow car duty for the next ten years though.

Then, I still have to figure out have to get the TT motor I want dropped into my Firebird.

Last edited by Mecinoid; 10-18-2007 at 03:06 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
That truck may not be a show truck, but it sure looks like one. I am not surprised at all the amount of compliments you get with it. I don't know what kind of neighborhood you live in, but if that truck were here, I would have to hire a security officer to keep it safe at night. Or rent a storage space large enough to park it in.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Yeah, I can see your point. Wife wants me to put power locks on it with alarm system.

The other cars I have sitting out from may be worth more but, they aren't the type you would steal for parts etc.... The Ranger is nice but, it's not like you could use it as a get away truck or to sell parts off of.

Your biggest targets .... hondas, mustangs, VW, Camry, Toyota PU. That's because they can strip them for good parts money. I'm not worried to much about that.... Well, except from the guys on this forum. That's why I don't give out my address. J/K

Old 10-20-2007, 04:15 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mecinoid, you're right. It's not a show truck.

I've seen better looking wrecks coming out of a car crusher.

I'll give you a few hundred for that wreck.

Seriously, that is a very nice truck.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:01 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
I`ll keep my eyes out for ya around town,I`m always down at Kellys meats havin a brew in the back so if you see my truck (white) outside stop in an say hey. Nice looker(your truck)

Hanklin

Old 10-20-2007, 11:48 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yo Hank! Nice of you to drop by...don't be such a stranger!

And AJ...I do envy you your truck, she is indeed a beaut.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:02 AM
mrcman58
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up A real nice truck

Howdy Mecinoid,

say you might not call it a show truck but i think it would stand out in the croud if you took it to a show, Thats a very nice looking truck.

Jess, alias ( mrcman58 )

Old 10-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Thank you all for your compliments. Actually, I just wanted to let the guys know how inspiring they have been. Plus how much I appreciate their support and help this past year.