N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Glorious Ford Truck !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glorious Ford Truck !!!

That's the best compliment I've received to date.

I was driving the F100 around this week in the rain and couldn't believe four of the newest compliments I've received. I guess there are people out there that still love the looks and toughness of our FORD trucks:

The four compliments were:

"That's one really nice FORD Truck" From a 1976 Ford Truck owner. He couldn't believe it was a '73. He thought it was like a '78-79 until I pointed out the headlights. This one happened while I was at the parts store returning that POS rebuild carb.

"They just don't make them like this anymore" from the Parts Manager at the Auto store.

"Glorious Truck" - From the manager at the fast food drive up window. He wanted to know everything about the truck and how he could find one. I pointed him this direction. He also said that he was impressed that I would take out my beautiful truck in the rain like this. The only thing I said to him was "Isn't that what Trucks are for? To drive in the mud and fix?"

I have to say it is nice having some more aggressive tires on her with some tread for the water and mud. She doesn't spin the tires as much now. ;-)

Lastly a Ford ~8" Lifted 4 X 4 ~72-73 Black with Red interior rev'd his motor and gave me the thumbs up going the other way all muddy and in the weather like me. Man, that was a nice truck. But, then again he might have just been showing off .... Lol !!!

Two questions for you guys:

Do you drive your trucks in the fowl weather?

What is the best compliment you have been paid?

Last edited by Mecinoid; 01-11-2008 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:13 AM
fastmover
Posting Guru
I drive it in all types of weather.. Even after I get done restoring it I will.
Best compliment... From a serious die hard bow-tie Chebby lover (who has a few nice trucks of that brand) ... "Your Ford is the only non Chebby I would definitely own with pride" Too bad I couldn't say the same thing about his Chevy trucks, but his old Camaro made me drool.

A woman once told me... "That is the type of truck a real man drives... not a wannabee."

Old 01-11-2008, 01:46 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Yep, only real men drive Ford trucks !!!

Old 01-11-2008, 02:29 AM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Mecinoid
Yep, only real men drive Ford trucks !!!
What about the old Ford Curriers? I guess they were better than the Chebby Luvs.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Ford Courier was really a Mazda brought over to Ford (contracted) for better mileage.
Chevy Luv was really a Mitsu brought over to Chevy (contracted) for better mileage.

I don't really consider either to be a real Ford or Chevy produced product.

However, I do remember our work 4X Chevy Luv truck....We couldn't kill that thing. We hated it so much we wanted it dead. But, the company kept fixing the little things we would break and we kept using it.

Now, the small truck of the day was the Rotary Mazda Truck. That thing kicked @$$. I'd love to get my hands on one just to mess with that Rotary engine. Problem would be all the other parts are long gone. You could custom one out nicely and have a show winner fer sure.

Who knows .... we might be headed back to a hybrid smaller truck for lite courier type work. I think that would be smart. I believe a lot of pu trucks are out there that never carry more than the groceries home. So, for those folks a smaller truck would be nice.
Then there is the longtime question of the protection a big truck gives you.

Now see what you have done..... I'm babbling on ..... sorry about the lengthy post guy and gals... ;-)

Old 01-11-2008, 09:24 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I drive mine in foul weather, but not in fowl weather...I hate it when it's raining chickens!

Sorry AJ, couldn't resist...!

Ford owns Mazda (or at least a fair chunk of them) and has for years. Many of the '80s Couriers could be had with the Ford 2.3 under the hood instead of the Mazda powerplant.

GM owns Isuzu and that's what the Luvs were. Never like the styling of them myself, not to mention the fact that they had that danged bowtie attached to them...

Last edited by TigerDan; 01-11-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Mecinoid
Elder User
That's a 1, 2, 3 knock out punch for Dan. He's right. However, I still don't see a japanese division of either of those companies as main line Ford or Chevy.

Touche' Dan, Touche'

Last edited by Mecinoid; 01-11-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
When I had it I drove my F-250 in all kinds of weather. Wish I still had it, as the heater worked, and my daily driver still doesn't.

I was going to point out that the LUV truck was an Izusu not a Mitsu, but Dan beat me to it. )

Unfortunately, I don't think my truck ever got any compliments. However, I had only owned it 11 months.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Nighteyez -

I guess you forgot my compliment on the 460/C6 with wasn't it the Camper Special Package you had as well? I would taken that as an extreme compliment. ;-) I still wish I had those things in my F100. I'm trying to figure a way to get some real power in mine.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
It had every option of the Camper Special package but it did not have the badging that said Camper special. I think NumberDummy said it was more like a trailer special. In any case the 460 had the torque to move that truck with ease. I remember when I got the camper from Dan, and we set it down on the truck, it did not even use the helper springs that were on it. I miss that truck, especially its working heater. what I don't miss is not being able to pass a gas station without it stopping in for a drink.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by TigerDan
I drive mine in foul weather, but not in fowl weather...I hate it when it's raining chickens!
I've never heard of it raining chickens, but I do recall once Les Nessman of the legendary WKRP in Cincinati news team making turkeys fly!

Old 01-14-2008, 03:47 PM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's the best compliment I've received to date.

I was driving the F100 around this week in the rain and couldn't believe four of the newest compliments I've received. I guess there are people out there that still love the looks and toughness of our FORD trucks:

The four compliments were:

"That's one really nice FORD Truck" From a 1976 Ford Truck owner. He couldn't believe it was a '73. He thought it was like a '78-79 until I pointed out the headlights. This one happened while I was at the parts store returning that POS rebuild carb.

"They just don't make them like this anymore" from the Parts Manager at the Auto store.

"Glorious Truck" - From the manager at the fast food drive up window. He wanted to know everything about the truck and how he could find one. I pointed him this direction. He also said that he was impressed that I would take out my beautiful truck in the rain like this. The only thing I said to him was "Isn't that what Trucks are for? To drive in the mud and fix?"

I have to say it is nice having some more aggressive tires on her with some tread for the water and mud. She doesn't spin the tires as much now. ;-)

Lastly a Ford ~8" Lifted 4 X 4 ~72-73 Black with Red interior rev'd his motor and gave me the thumbs up going the other way all muddy and in the weather like me. Man, that was a nice truck. But, then again he might have just been showing off .... Lol !!!

Two questions for you guys:

What is the best compliment you have been paid?
Pics of your truck please!!!

Ray

Old 01-14-2008, 08:37 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ray, check his gallery...he's got some nice shots of it in there.

Here's a link to it:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...&albumid=27770

Old 01-15-2008, 03:16 AM
Carpe^Noctem
New User
Best compliment I ever got was when I was siten at a red light n was grinnin listenin to ZZ-Top lookin all when this stunning gal I think she was in her 40s rolls down her window n says to me "Damn u look good in that effie" I think I musta turned 6 shades a red faster than u could spell F-O-R-D lmao oh n did I mention she was drivin a perty 06 F350 Super Duty?
And I drive my truck in any weather (its my only vehicle lmao) I love that truck makes me hate to have to sell it

Old 01-15-2008, 11:51 AM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
did you get her number?

Ray

Quick Reply: Glorious Ford Truck !!!