1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

A Good (LONG) Day...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:30 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 610 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by eman92082
For the brain damaged like me, can you point me where I can learn to put together a clip like you did ?
You'd think it takes some skill, but Microsoft has made it a breeze, providing your camera is a digital recorder. You need a "Firewire" cable to go from the camera to a special jack on the back of the computer. (about $20) You hook up the camera, turn it to playback, and the 'puter will recognize that it's there and open Windows Movie Maker. It uses a "wizard" that will prompt you thru the process. If you just play around with it, you will be a Hollywood producer in no time!

For the horn buttons; a new one isn't that much, and the old ones seem to get hung up real easily, so don't spend too much time on it. If it busts it isn't like you've just cracked your flathead block. It really helps if you pry on two points opposite each other, not just one place (yes, three hands helps!)

Old 10-19-2007, 08:47 AM
My1952Ford
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice truck and collest ever pictorial set up. I need the garage and the tools

Old 10-19-2007, 09:23 AM
53OlderThanMe
Elder User
Nice truck but I'm more jealous of your garage! Wish I had that kind of space, then again if I did it would be full of projects that would never get done.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:44 AM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
My shop (looonggg)

Originally Posted by 53OlderThanMe
Nice truck but I'm more jealous of your garage! Wish I had that kind of space, then again if I did it would be full of projects that would never get done.
Seems to be a lot of interest in the shop. So here goes...

Left California 19 years ago, to a small town in Indiana. Found a house, with a double lot in town for $25,000. Bought it on contract, and paid it off in 5 years. Built in 1891, we've slowly been making it livable. The house across the street burnt down, and the lot stayed vacant for over 10 years. The old lady who owned the property died, and we had the opportunity to buy it. We checked on a loan against our house, and the appraisel came in at $190,000!! So, we mortgaged the house for the land and shop. Dual win situation, the shop is "paid for", and we get a tax break on the house. I had the shell built by a local company, then wired, insulated, and walled the inside myself. We had most of the crap in it, in a 2-car garage, and a storage unit. So now, SWMBO gets her car in "HER" garage, and I have a shop. You can see some of the early stages of the shop at:

My shop

It's 28 X 40. It's small on the lot, and everyone told me I'd wish I'd built bigger. But no, it's just the right size. Otherwise, I'd also have room for more stuff.

I have a full 8" of insulation in the walls, 200 amp underground service, a bathroom, with deep sink, and - get this - a URINAL with an auto flush valve (courtesy of the school district re-doing all the bathrooms at the high school). Perhaps the only pole barn with a $800 urinal! I have a radiant heater in the overhead, not yet plumbed, though. Found it at Grainger's closeout, $200...normally about $1100. I've managed to get deals on most all of it, and catch sales whenever possible.

As for tools, I just buy them whenever I can. I found out a long time ago, that if you borrow them, you have to return them. My dad taught me when I was very young, there's NOTHING i can't do (ok, with the exception of automatic transmissions!!!!), and it's far cheaper to buy the tools to do it, than to pay someone else to do it.

I always figured I had one more vehicle in me - I'm 54, and have had a heart attack. It's under control, but you never know...then I fell into this truck - I knew as soon as I saw it, that it would be the project. Biggest problem for me, is that there are NO trucks like it, that I've found close by, so everything I find on it, I have to ask questions. But, the forums here have been unbelievable! I have gotten answers, parts, and support, that is unbelievable. Several have sent parts, and told me to forget any payment. I can't do that, but manage to send "frosty money" at least.

I'm glad to be here. And, anyone wants to use my tools and shop, you're welcome!! I can always use an extra hand, too.

R

Old 10-19-2007, 11:00 AM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
You'd think it takes some skill, but Microsoft has made it a breeze, providing your camera is a digital recorder.
So simple, any 4-year-old could do it, with 20 years experience!!

Actually, that one was made with some software I'm trying, but it's fairly shakey. It's supposed to have music behind it, but didn't work. It's a "flash" instead of a mpg (movie). I have another one I'm playing with, that does a pretty decent job, although not as pretty, and it's free. If you pay for it, it gets rid of the banner at the end, and you can title a little better. I will do some more playing with it, but here's a sample:

More Truck

You can get the software at their website, by clicking on the ad at the bottom - it's really easy to use. Not quite as graphic as the first one, but I'm still playing with it. It'll do a lot more, I think.

Enjoy!

R