Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Tincher Auto in Plattsmouth

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:45 AM
FordTrucksKickGM
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Tincher Auto in Plattsmouth

I had a bad experience with Woodhouse as have many other people and I have a hard time trusting auto dealers. Here is what my brother recently experienced with Tincher in Plattsmouth. Last week he found a 97 F-350 Crew Cab long bed Powerstroke. He thought it was a good deal until two days later the O/D light starts blinking at him. He takes the truck back and they say the tranny is bad and needs replacing. They replaced it with a brand new unit from Ford and it still cost him 2 grand and the dealer only paid 1 grand. I told him he got screwed BIG time! They knew the tranny was bad when they sold it to him and I know all they did was clear the tranny code so when he drove off the lot the truck appeared fine. They knew the O/D light was gonna come back on and instead of making 100% of the repair it only cost them 1/3 of the cost and dumped the rest of it on my brother. Moral of the story, Tincher sell junk and dont buy anything from them. Also a few years ago my brother-in-law bought a Chevy from Tincher and had a simular problem. In less than a month the tranny went bad in his truck.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:01 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
I thought most dealers had a 30 day warranty for stuff like that. But they probably have so many conditions, they weasle out of any repairs.

That really stinks...

Old 03-30-2007, 11:41 AM
FordTrucksKickGM
Posting Guru
I told my brother he shoulda taken that truck back and told them were to stick it. The least he could do is go there when its busy and raise a big stink infront of all their customers.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:13 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To bad. I have pretty good luck with them. Of course I know some people that work there too. Sorry about your experiance.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:25 AM
bucks77ford
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That's precisely why I have a hard time buying used vehicles from dealers. I have never bought a used vehicle from a dealer. Most of my used vehicles have been bought from private sellers that I know and I know the vehicle.

Some auto dealers are just out to screw the buyer. They don't want to stand behind their product and sell junk. Unfortunately that is the case. Sorry to hear the bad experiences. Everytime I look at a used vehicle that seems like a good deal at a dealer, I can't help wonder, "if it's a great truck, than why did the PO get rid of it?". I guess I have seen many older vehicles at or around 10 years being traded because there is a problem with it and the owners don't want to have to spend the money to fix it.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:50 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
I actually bought my '97 from the ford dealer in Fremont used. I will say that they were fine servicing it, but when I took my wife's 2000 Expedition in for service, they were terrible. I can't say what it would be like buying a used vehicle from Woodhouse, but I had a pretty good experience with them on the F-250, although I know that is not always the case. I've had really good luck with their service Dept. I always go through the same service rep, and they have treated me very well. That sucks about what they did to your brother, too bad you can use the lemon law on used vehicles (or can you?) I guess it's pretty much a crap shoot going through any dealership, which is not the way it should be! Just my .02!

Old 04-02-2007, 01:59 PM
FordTrucksKickGM
Posting Guru
I think it all boils down to your word against theirs. If you could dig into the computer and show that all they did was clear the error code for the tranny before they sold it than that would prove that they knew it was defective. Its just one of those dirty tricks the general public doesnt know about and you end up taking it in the shorts.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:09 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
I'm not defending the dealer, but there is also the possibility that person that traded the vehicle in had cleared codes and the dealer didn't know about the problem. I would guess that most dealerships don't take trades on an extended drive to see what problems the vehicle has. Still the whole deal sucks.