Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 09:26 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Customer Service

Just thought I'd share this, since good service is hard to come by these days...

I was about halfway through my 90 minute drive home last Friday when wifey called to tell me she had gotten a large bolt in one of the tires on her Lexus RX300. She wanted to know where to get it fixed. I told her to head over to Wal-Mart since they are cheap and still open at 6:00pm.

Two miles down the road, the tire goes flat. She calls me back since she doesn't have her AAA card and needed the number. I told her I thought since her car was a 'certified used vehicle' purchased from Lexus, they would provide road-side service, but I didn't have a clue of what the number was. (Remember, the car was stolen and stripped of everything not bolted down last summer, so the road-side info card that used to be in the glove box was long gone.) Anyway, she calls back about five minutes later… it seems that two Lexus of Omaha service guys were out running an errand. They saw her pulled off the road and stopped to help. She was a little shocked, but they were in uniform and provided ID. They said they were part of the road-side service team too, and they had everything they needed to change the tire. Good thing, since the wheel lock tool was also stolen and the shop forgot to replace it during the theft repairs.

10 minutes later they are done, said they would take the tire into the shop for repair, and would call back Saturday morning to let her know to come get the tire.

It gets better… She and the kids were baking cookies on Saturday morning, so I suggested she take some to the service guy since he stopped to help out. She does, and on the way to the shop, my 8 year old budding artist, thought the service guy needed a pretty picture to go along with the cookies. The guys were just thrilled, apparently not many folks offer much in the way of thanks. All fixed, the tire is returned and there is no charge for the repair. Happy ending? Well, it gets even better. A couple hours later, the doorbell rings. It is the Lexus guy once again with a large box. He said he just wanted to thank the girls for the cookies and pictures. Inside the box is a cute stuffed animal for each girl, decorated with a fancy Lexus logo'd ribbon.

If Lexus made a pickup....... no, I can't even think like that

What's worse is I suppose my two kids will never forget this and will only want a Lexus as their first car......

Old 04-03-2007, 01:49 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
wow. I'm not really a Lexus guy, but I'm definately keenly aware of good customer service, and thats a winner. Cool. Very, very cool.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:53 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
Wow. That is definitly quite impressive. There's no places out here that would do that sort of thing!!! It looks like those Lexis boys know what it takes to keep customers happy!!!!

-Jake

Old 04-05-2007, 07:57 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Maybe if more dealerships and their employees acted this way, they wouldn't have the terrible rep that most of them have. I glad that worked out that way Rob, especially with it being your wife and kids being stranded that way.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:40 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Yeah, nothing like a call from a frantic wife and not a darn thing I could do about it....

I tried to talk her out of the Lexus to begin with. The whole Lexus image thing bugs me, even though I shouldn't let it. Now she is really sold on the vehicle and I can't disagree any more!

Old 04-05-2007, 03:47 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Yeah, I can see how that would kind of suck! Luckily, my wife wanted an suv, and I wouldn't let her get anything smaller than an Expedition. She likes it, so that works for me! How's the Ranger running?

Old 04-05-2007, 10:33 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
I tried to talk my wife into getting an Expedition, but she didn't want anything too big. I think the bigger the better!

I am pretty frustrated with the Ranger, they can't get the drivetrain vibration resolved. It also has to go back in for a front bumper repaint, they painted it the wrong color. It's annoying to have to keep taking it back over and over. In the first 8K miles before the crash, the truck was perfect.... now I am stuck with problems.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:00 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
can you get out of it? Trade it, gripe with ins (hey your auto body crew aint up to snuff, etc) anything?
I see both sides of the fence being a contractor. I know how issues just happen sometimes, but I'm a customer too and customer wins. Almost always. Its not "right" if it isnt how it was, and someone needs to get it that way. Plus what kind of time/hassle/frustration is involved in your participation in the adventure. Time taken off work, etc. Squeaky wheel man. Be the squeak.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:39 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
He's got a point Rob!

Old 04-15-2007, 10:06 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
I hear ya, and I am trying to be the sqeak... The truck is supposed to go back in this week, the body shop is sending it to the Ford dealer this time.

I am trying not to lose my cool through this, I figure that will make things worse.

As far as trading out of the truck, that won't be happening anytime soon. It is pretty much worthless on a trade.