6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

SCt Vs. Superchips

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 01:59 AM
motordude0616
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCt Vs. Superchips

I currently have the superchips 1706 and am not completely satisfied with the power. What are some of your thoughts on the SCt programmers. BTW I do have a 4" MBRp turbo back.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:52 PM
bugsplat
Freshman User
I just purchased the Superchips 1805 tuner and I tell you what it is worth every cent I paid for it. I have been driving around with the performance tune the last couple of weeks and that is really wild. I just hooked it up to my PC and downloaded the updated flash from Superchips “Flashpaq Tune-Up” program and I am about to go out and try the middle tune (I believe econo tune) and see what that is about for the next two weeks.

Performance tune is really cool but it is just that a performance tune that wants to go go go ! I want to see if the econo tune is more for me! YMMV

Old 03-31-2006, 04:36 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A custom tuned SCT will deliver more HP/TQ then a SCMT anyday. It is also nice to know that it will control the trans. FYI... the fastest 6.0's are running SCT. Email me or post up if you have any questions.

Old 03-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Vic_Ferrari
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by CBSuperduty
A custom tuned SCT will deliver more HP/TQ then a SCMT anyday. It is also nice to know that it will control the trans. FYI... the fastest 6.0's are running SCT. Email me or post up if you have any questions.

Correct, a CUSTOM tuned SCT tuner.

The Inc. unit is a mass-market product. It's great consistent, driveable, reliable power, but it was build with a safety net, not to push the limits.
It could have been built with a little more punch and a lot more smoke, but it targets a different demographic.

If you want to go for the gold, SCT (with the correct custom file) will get you the most power.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:50 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Or if you just want to bring back certain features like aggressive tow/haul mode, PI, or things like that.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Vic_Ferrari
Posting Guru
Or if you just want to bring back certain features like aggressive tow/haul mode, PI, or things like that.
Yeah, they can force that kinda stuff back in there by flashing back to earlier box codes.
Its politically incorrect, but it works =o)

Old 04-01-2006, 10:24 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
And putting a programmer of any kind is politically correct? Why do you insist on being a pessimist on any box but your beloved SCMT? I didn't tell the poster that I thought it was junk did I?? No I stated well known and proven facts. I didn't slam or bag on your box. Why do you insist on doing so? Is that the only way you can sell those boxes? I am done with this thread. Tell the users about how great the SCMT is now.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Vic_Ferrari
Posting Guru
And putting a programmer of any kind is politically correct? Why do you insist on being a pessimist on any box but your beloved SCMT? I didn't tell the poster that I thought it was junk did I?? No I stated well known and proven facts. I didn't slam or bag on your box. Why do you insist on doing so? Is that the only way you can sell those boxes? I am done with this thread. Tell the users about how great the SCMT is now.
You simply don't watch my posting very often or aren't grasping what I've been saying. But since you "care enough" to comment, I'll clarify for you:

I'm not a pessimist about the SCT programmer at all.

It's GREAT for the racey crowd. The SCT makes the most power with the correct custom program, but its still for a different crowd than the SCMT.

How is that being a "pessimist"?

I call it more like being a realist.

If I had a truck for myself, I'd probably have the SCT programmer.
If I had a truck my girlfriend or one that employees were driving, I'd probably have the SCMT.

I like them both a lot, and I've made this *abundantly* clear over the past year or two.

Old 04-03-2006, 01:24 PM
mattsf250
Elder User

QUE?

are you reading the same thread?

if so, the post you made makes no sense.... i even read the thread 3 times....LOL

put the coffee down..................

ohh, and i like the scmt personally, when i get rid of my truck, i can sell the programmer to anyone with an 03-05 as well.....
but, if i only put 12k miles a year, i would have an sct.... i do not get to keep trucks more than 3 years, as i will not own one without a warranty. (30-35k/year)

Old 04-04-2006, 12:51 PM
MAD
Senior User
SCT?flashpaq

Can someone out there tell me the difference between the SC flashpaq tuner and the SC SCT turner. I am new to this diesel stuff.

Thanks in advance

MAD

Old 04-04-2006, 01:17 PM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
What you are calling a SC Flashpaq is made by a different company, its made by SUPERCHIPS. www.superchips.com
This company makes the SUPERCHIPS Tuners as well as the Flashpaq tuners among some other products you will see on thier website.These products are as manufactured, not able to be custom tuned.

What you are calling a SC SCT is actually made by SCT www.sctflash.com
SCT makes the SCT XCalibrator2 as well as some other products you will read about on thier website.

As described above, the SCT is more the HARD CORE tuner, and it has more adjustability and tunability built into even the basic STRATEGY FLASH device, and its a basic no holds barred situation if you go with custom tuning. There are a few well know custom tuners in the arena, you dont have to look to far to find one. This site has its own performance parts store called MOTOR-HAVEN that actually sells all of the above mentioned devices....both the SCT and the Superchips (Also known as SCMC) products....and more.

I hope I made things clear for you...I understand it is a muddy water to traverse as you first start wading in...but keep reading and asking and you will get your head full of information that will get you what you need.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Vic_Ferrari
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by fordtrkpuller
(Also known as SCMC) products....and more.

"SCMC" , that must be a typo.

SCMT (SuperChipsMicroTuner)refers to Superchips Inc (Flashpaq, 1704, 1704-A and 1706)

SCT is as you mentioned. Superchips Custom Tuning.

The two companies worked together closely in the past, hence the similarity in their base tunes, however....they no longer work together.

They are totally separate companies with separate product lines and SCT is more into the "custom" market, where they can provide special tunes upon request.

Superchips Inc is also supposedly getting back into the custom market with services such as propane tunes, etc...

SCT: www.sctflash.com

Superchips Inc: www.superchips.com

Old 04-05-2006, 01:39 PM
p8ntballn2
Senior User
jim... delete some of your old pm's.. it wont let me send you any..

Old 04-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Vic_Ferrari
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by p8ntballn2
jim... delete some of your old pm's.. it wont let me send you any..
Done.
Plenty of room now.

If you are a new member, it may not let you send me a PM for a set amount of time. (I think this forum works that way).

Old 04-05-2006, 01:41 PM
p8ntballn2
Senior User
thx.. it sent.