6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Instructions for Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 02:43 AM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Netfly- I've heard good things about the Autopage, don't know anything about the Wolf other than what I've seen at their website. I like Wolf's idea of a camera in the vehicle and a picture from it sent to the controller idea. Anyhow when I was writing the first response I was at my neighbor's son's basketball game and in re-reading it I don't think I explained it the way I should have. What I have actually learned about the way the wait-to-start light works that makes it unusuable, is that the computer sends a coded digitial signal to a module (I think it's called an IP module, but don't quote me on that) on the instrument cluster circuit board telling it to light-up the pig tail for so many seconds depending on engine temp. So in essence what you would have to do is somehow tap into the data bus cable and have a way to figure-out which of the codes the computer is sending is the wait-to-start code. You can see why this hasn't been done yet, and why people are trying to tap into the LED at the curcuit board. It is my understanding that Ford will not release the codes to after market vendors, so companies like Omega can't make an interface for them. I hope this helps.

Old 01-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Netfly
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EnviroCon - thanks for the info. I understand the databus problem. I would try monitoring the signal to the LED after the databus decode. Its location may be only directly at the LED, but if you can follow the circuitboard trace from the LED it may be easier to pick up elsewhere.

Old 01-29-2005, 09:06 PM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
Netfly-You sound like someone who has just found a new puzzle and can't wait to solve it. And when you do, don't be stingy with the answer. I think the LED may be safest place to pick-up the signal. If you do decide to take your instrument cluster apart (I'm just not that gutsy,) try to find out who made the circuit board. Many of the companies that make the electronic parts for car makers are clients of the company I work for and I may be able to talk them about it.

Last edited by EnviroCon; 01-29-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:53 PM
rotormech
Junior User
It seems that people have a misconception about the glow plug system in diesels especially the 6.0. As I stated before the total glow plug cycle in the 6.0 is 2 minutes on from the time you turn the ignition to the run position. The light in the dash goes out after 15 seconds. Some people seemed to be concerned about having the truck start as soon as the light goes out which is not nesscessary. I was just providing an idea to controlling the start sequnce of the remote starter. He had stated that the remote starter had a trigger the could be adjusted to sense voltage or the lack of to engage the starter. Please read more carefully.

Old 01-29-2005, 10:52 PM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
Rotormech- Nobody here is trying to offend you. However we seem to be on two different sheets of music and we are not as ignorant about our 6.0's as you think. You keep saying that the wait-to-start light is set for 15 seconds, this is not the case. The computer uses variables such as engine temperature to determine the length of time the light stays on. If your engine is at operating temperature the light may only stay on for 3 seconds, if your engine is cold and the outside temperature is -50 F. the light may stay on a minute. Now if he were to hook-up the wait-to-start wire from his R/S to an actual glow plug wire, one of two things would occur. If he has the R/S set to a positive trigger the truck would try to start as soon as the ignition was energized by the R/S energizing the glow plug wire. If he has the R/S set to a negative trigger the remote start would wait until the glow plug circuit had run it's 2 minute course and turned the glow plugs back-off before trying to start the vehicle. Either way this isn't good. We want to use the wait-to-start light because that is the BEST way for the R/S to determine when the glow plugs have had enough time to heat-up the chamber. That input wire to the R/S acts as its eyes. Since Ford has made it difficult to use this light the next best thing is a timer, but using a timer forces us to make a best guess on an average time the light will be on. But it is still just a guess. If we are having a miscommunication here please let me know. I don't personally want to offend anybody with these post's, I believe that the more ideas that are voiced the quicker the problem is solved.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:41 PM
mgpepe89
New User
Originally Posted by Hawkins
Ok here is a link to my ClubFTE web site where I have uploaded the manuals.

They are PDF files but I had to zip them so they could be upload to the site.
Wife has a 2005 Explorer and it is not on the list of spec vehicles. Could you please update your pdf. Thank you so much......

Old 07-28-2008, 08:38 AM
5negrito
New User
Hi Guys,

I have a 2W7Z-19G364-CA remote start that came without any installation instructions. I tried to open Hawkins links but it is reporting a problem with the Zipped Files. Any help Please!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:47 AM
huskur
New User
I have a question also. I just found one heck of a deal on a 2004 super duty, Crew cab, 4x4, diesel with only 23132 miles on it. I noticed the antenna in the windshield and also noted that my keyless remotes were not factory and hence found that i had remote start and security installed. Problem is------ i have no clue how to use it!! Can someone help me out? I would love to use this feature. It is the Ford aftermarket. I download the install guide and it is exactly what it is

Thanks in advance

Old 06-02-2009, 10:18 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Push the button and hold for a sec

push it again after it starts and it shuts down

a link to the manuals was posted early in this thread, like post # 7 at top :

here is a link they gave :

http://www.clubfte.com/users/hawkins/manuals.htm

have fun !

Old 10-20-2009, 06:57 PM
v8xploder
Elder User
can you do anything for wiring on a 92 bronco?

Old 11-12-2016, 10:02 PM
Sonslolane
New User
What is this?

Originally Posted by TLW
Can one of you guys that work at a FORD dealer hook me up with the instructions for install on their remote start/keyless entry....the part # is:

2W7Z-19G364-BA if someone could get this for me I sure would be greatful!!!.

Thanks, Tim

did you ever find out what this is? I bought an 06 expedition and have the same thing and have no idea what it is.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:48 PM
WillowSwitch
New User
Hi! First post to this forum! I have 2W7Z-19G364-AA and am looking for the vehicle specific wiring for a 2006 F350 6.0. I tried the link in this thread and am unable to get it to work. Does anyone have these instructions? I would be VERY grateful!

Old 01-04-2018, 10:24 PM
OneCylinder
Senior User
Welcome to FTE WillowSwitch, this is a 13 year old thread. You might have better results if you start a new thread.

Good luck.