6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Instructions for Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 06:09 PM
TLW
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I got it installed....it took me about 4 days to do it....had some trouble with the colors of the wires(I think I'm colorerd blind)....had two of them transposed.....the entry part works good....except that the interior light is suppose to come on when you unlock & lock the doors....it dosent....the reomote start works good exept that the tach wire that is in the cab has too much fluctuation in the voltage to use, so I had to order a tach something to stabilize the voltage....then it will be great(I hope).....if I were to do another one it might take all of about 1-2 hours....would take less time but I like to use solder, dont have to worry about it....well I give another update after I get the tach thing installed. Tim

Old 12-12-2004, 10:07 AM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TLW- I'm curious to know if you were able to use any of the existing wire harness' from the original alarm?

Old 12-12-2004, 07:26 PM
xrayman
New User
TLW where is the tach wire located inside the truck?
What color is it?
I have aftermarket remotestart working except I need the tach wire.
Thanks

Old 12-12-2004, 08:33 PM
jackofalltrades
Posting Guru
Huh?

Originally Posted by PSD6litre40

Ford Part # 2W7Z-19G364-CA

Can you get me instructions for this? THis adds remote start to a vehicle already equipped with the Lariat Advanced Security Group. Thanks in advance......
I've got the Advanced Security Group option on my XLT psd w/6spd. To the best of my knowledge, Remote start isn't available if the truck is equiped with the standard transmission. Since I've got the ASG, Can I add the factory remote start to my truck instead of going with an aftermarket design? I'm also interested to know if this is Plug-N-Play? Anyone know the cost?

Last edited by jackofalltrades; 12-12-2004 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:56 AM
TLW
Senior User
Enviro, if you mean the keyless entry that comes on the truck....yes you use that harness for most of the wireing for the door locks it is over the hump for the transmission on the firewall...if you look up from the floor board on the drivers side you can see it....mine had 3 plugs in it a grey, green, and orange one....unplug them all and pull the harness down to make the connections....if you want the driver door priorty unlock then you need a relay wired in, you can get it from FORD or your local parts store....the one from FORD will come with the wires alreadt in it.... the other wires for the remote start go to the harness right under the steering colum....and I ran two wires to my driver kick panel, I think you can hook them up the the harness for the door locks but I made my connections already...so I left them there...I may move them, cause the inside light will not come on when I unlock the doors....I will call FORD back and see what they say about that.

xrayman, the tach wire is in a bundle of wires that runs right above the e-brake peddle there are 5 wires that are taped to the harness that is on that bracket, it is the GREEN wire with a WHITE stripe hope that helps....but my wire that was in that bundle had to much flucuation in voltage to use it....so I had to order a tach voltage stabilizer from FORD, should be in today it cost me right at $20.00....I let you know how it works when I get it installed.

Jackofalltrades, it is not a plug & play, and it shows that it has an option for a standard tranny...dont know how it would hook up....and the remote start the I got cost me around $220.00 it is the Remote start/Keyless entry....FORD part #2W7Z-19G364-BA.

Good luck, if yall got any more questions just ask...I'll help the best I can!!!....and Thanks again to Hawkins for the instructions. Tim

Old 12-13-2004, 09:19 AM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Tim- I have an '04 F-350 Lariat with the "Advanced Security Group," whatever that means. I think I was hoping that the alarm control modules, the one that came with the ASG and the one you just purchased, used the same main wiring harness, so that I could simply unplug one module and plug in the other, and then only have to wire in the harness for the remote start. Unfortunately it sounds like that's not the case.

Old 12-14-2004, 06:46 PM
xrayman
New User
TWL I guess the 2005 f250 are different. I do not have a 5 wire harness anywhere near the e-brake lever. The fuse box is huge and all the wires anywhere near the e-brake lever goes into it. Am I wrong, I hope so this is the only wire I am missing to make my remote start work.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:11 AM
TLW
Senior User
Not sure on the 05, cause I have an 04....it really isnt a harness....it is just 5 wires that are tape to one of the harnesses that is just above the e-brake bracket....they are taped to the harness that comes in right under the brake peddle.....follow it up and they should be there...they had white tape around them and all 5 wire ends where just there...I think that the other wires are the ones that are dummy wires that just run through the firewall to the engine compartment so you can put accessories in.....if you still cant find them I will look at an 05 when I go to get my part from FORD and let you know if they are under there. Tim

Old 12-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Fire'Dale
New User
Just curious, how much is that remote start from Ford? I have an '03 "X", w/the keyless entry, no alarm. Will this work? Thanks.

Old 12-16-2004, 05:18 PM
TLW
Senior User
Fire if you look at earlier post I put up it has the price and part # for the FORD remote start/keyless entry. Tim

Old 12-16-2004, 06:01 PM
xrayman
New User
Tim only wire i can find that is close to what your saying is over near the moduel above the center hump. It has 12 vdc on it when the truck is running no AC voltage on it. I will look closer to find the user wires that go to the engine compartment, I haven't found them eather, I think there taped up somewhere in a harness. If you can look when you go to the dealership I would really appreacite it.

Old 12-16-2004, 06:52 PM
ChiefGReid
Tuned
For what it's worth, it's my advise to have a qualified installer put in the remote start. All manufacturers I have checked will not reimburse or replace parts if it was not installed by a certified installer.

Truck electronics can be tricky. If you cut or attach the wrong wires, you can fry your PCM or the remote start. Either one will guarantee loss of your money.

If you install the unit incorrectly and have electric problems with the truck, and if it's under warranty, they will refuse to fix under warranty.

I spent several hours watching an experienced tech install my DEI Python 881XP security system with remote start and turbo cool down. There is allot to it.

Good Luck! Let us know how you make out.

Old 12-17-2004, 08:22 AM
TLW
Senior User
X-Ray, I will look when I go to get my part on Sat. and let you know. Tim

Old 12-17-2004, 01:22 PM
rotormech
Junior User
Any pointers one installing the remote start in an '04 6.0L. The UPS man just dropped mine off. I I have a Lariet, PW, PL, Keyless Entry and the pad.

Old 12-17-2004, 04:27 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
I know I probably should not ask this
...and please no jokes...
what is PW, PL

Quick Reply: Instructions for Remote Start