2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took 04 XLT F150 4x4 SCREW to Ford Today for Service...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 09:32 AM
Firewiz
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took 04 XLT F150 4x4 SCREW to Ford Today for Service...

Gave em the keys...there job :

1. Instal Rhino Liner (per part of purchase of the vehicle)
2. Install Bed Extender (per part of purchase of the vehicle)

FIX :

1. Sunroof needs to be adjusted, it sits low
2. AC blows cool, not cold
3. New front door speaker grills...cheap *** plastic clips broke
4. Fix throttle lag hopefully with pcm update
5. Address a factory paint flaw from factory where it looks like a drip broke off before they clearcoated

I will report the fixes when I get it back and the quality of the bedliner.

I did see a Fx4 in the showroom of the dealer today that had a Rhino in it. as I examined it it did have some slight runs that where livable by my standards. The funny part was the mark-up of $599 for it!

Old 06-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Sully04 F150 4x4
Senior User
It will be very interesting to get their response in regards to the issues. Keep us updated. I hope they fix them all for you.

Old 06-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Firewiz
Senior User
Thumbs up

They were quite cordial, even though it took a bit more time because of the rhino liner than was first anticipated!

Code:
1. Install Rhino Liner (per part of purchase of the vehicle)
-Great job done, added a post about this in another thread.

Code:
2. Install Bed Extender (per part of purchase of the vehicle)
-How hard could this of been...just a couple of fasteners had to be put in carefully cause of the rhino liner!

Code:
1. Sunroof needs to be adjusted, it sits low
-It took them 3 tries and getting grease all over my truck to fix this, but its adjusted well now! Made em clean my truck up too!

Code:
 2. AC blows cool, not cold
-They said it was in spec, it blows 40 degrrees at the vent. I go for that for now until it gets real hot, then I really test it!

Code:
3. New front door speaker grills...cheap *** plastic clips broke
-New set of grills ordered. They put the blame on me because I put aftermarket speakers in the doors. I took blame for a few clips, but told em some were like that before putting the speakers in. The said OK!

Code:
4. Fix throttle lag hopefully with pcm update
-Made a post in another thread on this too, but this is such a big deal that I will say it again.
When I picked it up they said they had no TSB's on it and said it was ok. I asked if they hooked it up to the computer to see if there was any updates and they said no, but they would just to check now for me. They did...and what do you know...an update! So they updated!
My opinion on it now, there still is a little lag, but far less. The engine feels a bit more responsive and beefy, and yes, I can twist the rears now with no prob!

Code:
5. Address a factory paint flaw from factory where it looks like a drip broke off before they clearcoated
-This I was surprised about. I just wanted to let them know about this, and since it really wasnt visible with the hood down, I would be satisfied with touch up, and if rust became a prob that they would pait it. To my surprise they want to paint the whole hood! I have to set up a date for that, and they said it will take a few days and they would give me a loaner to beat on!

All this was done at Fairport Ford in Rochester NY!

Old 06-29-2004, 07:42 PM
BlkButy
Elder User
Sounds like they took care of you pretty well!

Old 07-01-2004, 12:06 PM
xlindax
New User
No way would I let them repaint the whole hood. I have never seen a repaint job that looked as good as factory, or that would last nearly as long. After-market painters just cannot bake the paint to the high temperatures of the factory job. It is also much less chip resistant. If the defect is such that it is not too noticeable, I would do as you first intended, a little touch-up.

Old 07-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Firewiz
Senior User
Yup xlindax, thats what I plan on doing now, especially since its black!

Old 07-02-2004, 09:06 AM
Firewiz
Senior User
UPADTE :

Im so ****ed. I am so friggin scared to take my vehicle in to dealers, cause they come out with more probs than when you go in!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst washing my truck yesterday, I noticed a bird bath dent on the roof by the moonroof in the glare when the were trying to adjust it. THE BAFOONS dented my truck! I took it back and showed the service manager and he felt like a jackass. Hes getting a dented pulling company to fix it. I told him Im afraid to left them do anything now...I WANT TO CHOKE SOMEBODY!

Old 07-02-2004, 02:12 PM
jmizell49
Freshman User
I took mine in this week to get the shudder problem fixed. They installed new clutch packs. They said I had the most recent throttle program. It may be in my head, but I think the throttle works better now. I noticed the same paint flaw on mine. Like you say, "and since it really wasnt visible with the hood down," I'll not mess with telling them. I wouldn't let them re-paint either unless major damage. They had to order parts to repair minor stuff so I'll have to take it back. I hate to take truck in for warranty work because you never know what their going to screw up while fixing something else. Over all my first visit was ok.