1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

add Ford oem remote start

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 03:49 PM
Brett73-79
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
add Ford oem remote start

I was quoted $450 to have remote start added to my 2014 XL F350 .It would come with 2 keys with start button in key fobs. Anyone have this done ?

Old 01-13-2017, 04:11 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
There are many who have done it on this forum and other forums. I would suggest do a search on the 6.7 forum here for remote start and FORScan to turn on remote start in the BCM. You can find the basic remote start kit on eBay from various Ford dealers that include one or two keys.

FTE 6.7

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

PowerStroke forum has info also

Ford 11-16 6.7L Powerstroke Forums - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Basic remote start Ford part number - BC3Z-19G364-A

You will need hood switch also - BC3Z-19G366-A

Old 01-14-2017, 05:02 PM
Masterofyard
Cross-Country
I purchased an auto start off of ebay from fairway ford. It was plug and play and included a single button remote with a 1000 foot range, which is better then the key fob, and a perimeter alarm that added to the factory alarm. The only thing you have to do is have a dealer program the BCM to accept the alarm and it acts like it was factory installed. Mine will actually turn on my vents when the temperature is under 32 degrees. total cost was $225, $125 for the alarm and $100 for the dealer to program the BCM.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:57 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Masterofyard
I purchased an auto start off of ebay from fairway ford. It was plug and play and included a single button remote with a 1000 foot range, which is better then the key fob, and a perimeter alarm that added to the factory alarm. The only thing you have to do is have a dealer program the BCM to accept the alarm and it acts like it was factory installed. Mine will actually turn on my vents when the temperature is under 32 degrees. total cost was $225, $125 for the alarm and $100 for the dealer to program the BCM.
He would still need the hood switch and RF Antenna to add the Perimeter Alarm and long distance remote start. Programming of the BCM is required for the basic remote also. On the 6.7 forum, there are the codes to use the FORScan app/program to enable remote start without visiting the dealer.

BTW, if you want to find some cheaper bi-directional fobs for your remote start, most do not have panic button, you can search eBay for the FCC ID ELVATRKC.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:17 PM
Masterofyard
Cross-Country
The kit comes with everything needed to install the remote start including fobs and antenna. The only that is mit included is the programming to the computer.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:08 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Master, his truck is an XL. He does not have basic remote start. He has to add the RF antenna and hood switch before he can add long distance remote start. See the above photo of the Super Duty requirements in the small letters.

Super Duty - May need hood switch BC3Z-19G366-A and/or
RFR antenna kit DA8Z-15603-A if not equipped

Old 01-14-2017, 07:32 PM
Masterofyard
Cross-Country
I did read that, and like I stated, the kit I purchased had everything included. Sorry I didn't list the good switch with it. The auto start uses a speedster antenna which you attach to the windshield.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:40 PM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't think you are going to get new keys. The "factory" remote starter Ford sells to dealers to install comes with SEPARATE fobs that you will have to carry around in ADDITION to your existing key. It is a small fob with just the remote start button on it.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:53 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by thomabb
Don't think you are going to get new keys. The "factory" remote starter Ford sells to dealers to install comes with SEPARATE fobs that you will have to carry around in ADDITION to your existing key. It is a small fob with just the remote start button on it.
11-16 Super Duty can get the remote start key kit. BC3Z19G364A is two keys and antenna in the box. Install the antenna, cut the keys, do the PATS programming, and turn on remote start with IDS. You've got a factory remote start on the key.

The separate FOB deal is the long-range option, the "Perimeter Plus" chart that Larry posted.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:00 PM
Ron94150
Postmaster
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Will the remote kit work on my manual equipment group XL truck? I installed the fog light kit that came with the new BCM, but I ended up not needing the BCM and the dealer is refunding me the money for it. They got in touch with a ford engineer and was told that some manually equipped '16 trucks got BCM's capable of running fog lights. Do you think my BCM would run remote start as well?

Old 01-22-2017, 05:25 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Ron94150
Will the remote kit work on my manual equipment group XL truck? I installed the fog light kit that came with the new BCM, but I ended up not needing the BCM and the dealer is refunding me the money for it. They got in touch with a ford engineer and was told that some manually equipped '16 trucks got BCM's capable of running fog lights. Do you think my BCM would run remote start as well?
Ron, the installation instructions and kits sold by Ford do not identify models as did the Fog light kits. I would venture to surmise that the BCM you have supports remote start abilities and you can add remote start to your truck. You will need to have remote start turned on in the BCM by a dealer.

This is the procedure as described in the installation instructions for remote start.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:28 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron94150
If your truck has power locks and remote keyless entry, then it will support the Ford remote start system.

If your truck has manual locks and/or did not come equipped with remote key, then you cannot use the Ford remote start kits. There is no upgrade to make it compatible either. At that point you would have to go with an aftermarket remote start kit and wire it in.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Dangers
New User
has anyone done a 2010 remote start on a F350
mine came optioned with
  • Less Remote Starter - FIA
any advise on parts required for this?
Im in Australia, but happy to get stuff sent from the US if it will work

thanks, Kaine

Old 01-02-2018, 07:48 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Dangers
has anyone done a 2010 remote start on a F350
mine came optioned with
  • Less Remote Starter - FIA
any advise on parts required for this?
Im in Australia, but happy to get stuff sent from the US if it will work

thanks, Kaine
If you check this photo of Ford's security and remote start, it will show you the part numbers. You might can still find them on eBay. I would suggest bi-directional over one way as it tells you if truck started or not via the remote. If you have PATS on your truck, chip key, then you will need the PIK (PATS interface kit). Most of these kits do not come with instructions, some do. You might have to search the net for a car/truck with a link to download the instructions. This may not be plug n play but need to be physically wired to the identified wires.

You will most likely need the Vehicle Security Kit to add the remote start kit.

wire chart is located here

2009-2010 Ford F-Series Super Duty Vehicle Wiring Chart and Diagram

Ford PIK kits on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...rface&_sacat=0

Old 01-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 2013 Platinum came with a remote start. After taking a shot in a parking lot I went with the Perimeter Alert system. Perimeter Alert will cost you $50.00 a year on top of purchase price and installation. You do get an app for your phone that locks, unlocks, locates and starts the truck, it does not have a range like the keys do. As others have said, I do believe you need the hood open sensor and power door locks. Purchase and install ain't cheap but works great, someone messes with your truck and you get a txt message. It's pretty quick, I did manage to snag 1 woman who clipped my rear bumper pulling out of a parking spot.

Quick Reply: add Ford oem remote start