Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical,clips, factory alarm, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 06:29 AM
Cruiseomatic
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Electrical,clips, factory alarm, etc...

FINALLY scored a factory 7 way trailer harness for my truck. Also got the plastic fuel lines and more conduit among other little things.
On the trailer harness there is a plug that looks like it takes a relay but one of the blade connectors are empty and has two wires that go into a single blade looking spot.
The truck I pulled it off didn't have anything connected to it. I know its for a relay but is it a special type? If it is and its unobtainable, Can I pull the pins out and use a standard type relay?

When removing the harness, I seen ford wrapped all the wires and conduit in electrical tape. I was told that is bad to do. However, It looks like its fine after almost 30 years. Can I wrap all my conduit in tape after all to protect them while leaving breathing holes along the run?

The push in type clips ford heavily use, How can I pull them out and reuse them? For $2 I can get as many as I want but can't get them off without damaging them. I also need them. PO loved zipties when something broke and it looks terrible and didn't hold well anyway.

I got a Ford factory alarm just for the hell of it. How can I install it or anything? All the wires are there for it and it looks complete just needs remote from what I can tell. Where can I find information about it?

I also have an idea for a new forum. Tomorrow I'm going back to the JY that has a variety of bricknose trucks. "Most" of the parts are still on them....Depending on which one you go after. Why not have a forum for guys letting others know when they're heading to the boneyards and ask if anyone needs something?
For example, I need a cab and there is none to be had and closest I've found is in Dallas which is 4 hours away. If a member whose closer is going to the yard the next day or whatever, They can put up a post asking if someone needs anything and can get it for them if they'll pay for the part and shipping. It would also not just be finding hard to locate parts but some of us just can't get the time to go.

It took me an hour just to get the tow harness off and it was right at closing time when I got it off because I couldn't get there any earlier....Just "Triggered" the cab they were holding on to for me got crushed....It was clean too.....
Just an idea I had earlier.

But thanks for the help.