2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Order Not Picked Up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 08:28 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,885 Likes on 2,797 Posts
Ford didn't pick up my order again this week.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:21 PM
rrogersgsp
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered on 6/8 and it took a week to get VOC. I now have a vin and a ETA of 10/21. I did order the camera on a F350 Lariat Ultimate. So as the date gets closer, I'll check again. I expect that date to change.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:54 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
I ordered the cameras also. Not much I didn't order.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:41 PM
bronc71
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordered mine on September 8th and stopped by dealer yesterday to see if i could add the same thing CHMSL camera and he said not problem as its not been picked up by ford yet he is saying truck will be in mid jan maybe his rep was in and said big back log on them.
Same thing when a ordered a new transit van for work in 2015 it was 5.5 months to deliver

Old 09-23-2016, 12:45 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Holy moley, that's a long time to wait! I wasn't expecting that. I might as well winterize my trailer now.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:46 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
16-18 week estimate right now from order to delivery.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Holy moley, that's a long time to wait! I wasn't expecting that. I might as well winterize my trailer now.
Jim, I don't know which is worse. I ordered on 23 April and waited until last Thursday for a VIN and on Friday got a build week of 10 Oct. By Monday, that had already changed to build the last week of October and ETA of 28Nov. Not knowing sux big time. Knowing and watching the time march away is just as bad in many ways. Spending close to $70K to make a maiden voyage in the snowy season AND right in the middle of deer season is really eating away at me. Good luck getting your order picked up and even better having it built on time. I have spent the last week looking for a vehicle to buy off the lot but cannot even get close, and I guess I really don't want to compromise at this point. I delayed purchasing a new truck for 5 years in order to take care of an elder family member. Not that I couldn't get the truck but there was no reason since mine still works fine for short trips and around town. That commitment is gone and we are ready to start the vacations again and actually start retirement. I anticipated a wait but thought especially with the first trucks arriving in August ours would be just around the corner. I am fully expecting at this point to see the new truck in January or February. Every stinkin' day Ford extends this wait I find incredulous. If there were not thousands of trucks produced and delivered, fine. But I have to wonder why they have refused to take mine up to the next level, the same as you must be wondering. Is it the spelling of my name? The reputation of the dealership? The model of the truck or its' extras? None of us actually know much of anything. Rumors and speculation is all we have. So for those who have your trucks and ordered in July and August bless you. That's a wonderful thing. For the many of us waiting and being delayed over and over I wish someone would have the courage to explain why our orders, our wishes and our dreams continue to be put on hold like a nightmare of not ever being able to run fast enough to ever catch up with a goal.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:21 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
I bought my used toy hauler in June with the understanding that my current truck wasn't enough to pull the trailer. So the trailer has been sitting in the storage lot since then. A storage lot queen.

It took until this month to convince the current wife that it was OK to buy a new truck.

Maybe my Superduty will arrive in time for ice fishing season. The delay may be a mixed blessing. Perhaps by the time they build ours they'll have the weight issue resolved.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:37 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
I bought my used toy hauler in June with the understanding that my current truck wasn't enough to pull the trailer. So the trailer has been sitting in the storage lot since then. A storage lot queen.

It took until this month to convince the current wife that it was OK to buy a new truck.

Maybe my Superduty will arrive in time for ice fishing season. The delay may be a mixed blessing. Perhaps by the time they build ours they'll have the weight issue resolved.
Easier to get a new wife than a new Ford!! Glad I have a good 'ol wife and a good 'ol truck. Those who traded or sold either with the promise of a better life and are still waiting ......glad you have at least half of the equation.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:49 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Yes, she's not too bad (the wife). She'll be retiring soon. I hope she'll let me do the same.

We've been married 28 years. It's too late to stop now.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:03 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Yes, she's not too bad (the wife). She'll be retiring soon. I hope she'll let me do the same.

We've been married 28 years. It's too late to stop now.
Ha! Fooled me with the comment about the new wife! Work and I separated 5 years ago and was a good time since I had to become a caregiver. My wife of 48 years is still working (I give her a glass of OJ and a big vitamin every morning and a word of encouragement) but retiring in the spring. Plan is to put the camper on the truck and take 3 months to AK and back. Hope Ford doesn't delay this honeymoon.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:22 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
AK is on my bucket list. I hope I can convince my wife to go with me. I've got a bad case of wanderlust and it gets worse the older I get. My wife seems to be going the other way.

My wife was my caregiver 7 years ago when I went through throat cancer treatment. Props to you for being the caregiver. I've heard that it is often harder to be the caregiver than the receiver of that care.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:27 PM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
16-18 week estimate right now from order to delivery.

Epic why don't you find one already on a lot somewhere you like?

Old 09-23-2016, 03:30 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Love AK been there 9 times 2 driving 7 cruises. My bucket list though is to be there in the winter to see the Aurora.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:30 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
AK is on my bucket list. I hope I can convince my wife to go with me. I've got a bad case of wanderlust and it gets worse the older I get. My wife seems to be going the other way.

My wife was my caregiver 7 years ago when I went through throat cancer treatment. Props to you for being the caregiver. I've heard that it is often harder to be the caregiver than the receiver of that care.
I am glad she did a good job. You're on this side of the grass and still active! That attests to what she helped you do. The second part is more than true. Wrong place to explain but at least it is over. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Quick Reply: Order Not Picked Up?