2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Order Not Picked Up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 03:34 PM
Dylan01
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HRTKD
I bought my used toy hauler in June with the understanding that my current truck wasn't enough to pull the trailer. So the trailer has been sitting in the storage lot since then. A storage lot queen.

It took until this month to convince the current wife that it was OK to buy a new truck.

Maybe my Superduty will arrive in time for ice fishing season. The delay may be a mixed blessing. Perhaps by the time they build ours they'll have the weight issue resolved.
Funny I did the same thing. I came really close to buying a leftover 2016 RAM (cheap!), but in the end I bought the first SRW 2017 in San Diego 2 weeks ago. Love the truck. I also have a Gearbox 5th wheel I'm unable to move, until my new 5th wheel hitch arrives.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:46 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutcutter
Epic why don't you find one already on a lot somewhere you like?
If one pops up, I'll jump in a heartbeat. Platinum Magnetic with Brunello seats and full trailer prep. I'm only 6 weeks out and don't have a particular need to switch right now anyway. Why hurry when you're doing all the test-modding for me?

Old 09-23-2016, 07:41 PM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
If one pops up, I'll jump in a heartbeat. Platinum Magnetic with Brunello seats and full trailer prep. I'm only 6 weeks out and don't have a particular need to switch right now anyway. Why hurry when you're doing all the test-modding for me?

Yep your right,wished you lived closer and you could start updating your channel early..

I'll put the "lookout" with someone I know an I may be able to find you one fairly close. How far are you willing to travel?

Old 09-23-2016, 08:52 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm sure if I try I can locate something between here and Vegas. But I'm willing to hang on a bit to let Ford see if they can get sorted out on stuff.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:34 PM
BigStu59
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been to AK more times then I can count. The only problem is I have flown every time. Started when I was 19 yrs old and have not stop. My bro lives in Anchorage and I've had many adventures to laser frontier. Fishing is my fav and when the reds are running up the Keni river in lat July there is nothing better. I've caught 6 of those bad boys in less then 2 hrs on a rod and reel.

Here's the deal I've never driven and with the new truck/old 5ver the frist trip I take after I retire is to AK for the whole summer. And many more. Will be flying up for Christmas to spend a week with my Bro and his family.

Old 09-24-2016, 05:13 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,509 Likes on 975 Posts
Mine was ordered 9-3
Has camera package but not the full one
F-350 lariat cclb ultimate pkg

Dealer is small town dealer in north ga
They had one truck i test drove deliver end of august, mine was first retail order , hasnt been picked up along with all the rest of their retail orders.
Ive commicated some of the key info in this thread to dealer so well see if it helps.

Old 09-24-2016, 07:54 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BigStu59

Here's the deal I've never driven and with the new truck/old 5ver the frist trip I take after I retire is to AK for the whole summer. And many more. Will be flying up for Christmas to spend a week with my Bro and his family.
Nice to have a base to operate from while up there. Then again you are on the border of some pretty nice country yourself! Was supposed to be out there this week (Tahoe) but no new truck, no special trip.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:50 AM
BigStu59
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasalas
Nice to have a base to operate from while up there. Then again you are on the border of some pretty nice country yourself! Was supposed to be out there this week (Tahoe) but no new truck, no special trip.
Sorry to hear that Rob. Tahoe is espically nice in the early fall. Has not started to rain yet and most of the summer tourist are gone. I live 2hrs from the Lake.

I'm not in a hurry to get my truck just yet. 11/14 is the date a can do the financing on it. Anyway good luck on getting your truck soon.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:49 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,092 Likes on 2,844 Posts
My order is still waiting to be picked up by Ford. I asked the dealer to send me a screen shot of the order, just to verify the priority.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:41 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,092 Likes on 2,844 Posts
The priority is set to 10. Better than 20 but not as good as 1. I wonder if asking him to change the priority will help. I don't want to be a pest but I don't really want to wait until January for delivery.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:24 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by HRTKD
The priority is set to 10. Better than 20 but not as good as 1. I wonder if asking him to change the priority will help. I don't want to be a pest but I don't really want to wait until January for delivery.
Just had another conversation with my dealer and they have been pushing the rep to keep up with the delays. Good news is the bottleneck of specific wire looms is easing and that may be why some orders have gone so long without being picked up and others have taken so long once acted upon. I think there is still something "Rotten in Dearborn" the way this rollout and procurement has been handled. I wrote to Dearborn 3 weeks ago and got a very pleasant and vague letter back. They did move the ETA up by 2 weeks although the computers all say 7Dec16 as they have all along. Even if it did no good it got the complaints off to someone who should pay attention. If the customer base only complains to their friends the corporation never hears of the problems. Maybe it will be better next time. And the rep is working to maybe get another week or two armed with the correspondence to and from Dearborn and a spreadsheet with hard facts of actual wait times. Thanks Guys.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:31 PM
Saluki_guy
Tuned
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Just had another conversation with my dealer and they have been pushing the rep to keep up with the delays. Good news is the bottleneck of specific wire looms is easing and that may be why some orders have gone so long without being picked up and others have taken so long once acted upon. I think there is still something "Rotten in Dearborn" the way this rollout and procurement has been handled. I wrote to Dearborn 3 weeks ago and got a very pleasant and vague letter back. They did move the ETA up by 2 weeks although the computers all say 7Dec16 as they have all along. Even if it did no good it got the complaints off to someone who should pay attention. If the customer base only complains to their friends the corporation never hears of the problems. Maybe it will be better next time. And the rep is working to maybe get another week or two armed with the correspondence to and from Dearborn and a spreadsheet with hard facts of actual wait times. Thanks Guys.

You sent them our spreadsheet?

Old 10-14-2016, 01:45 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Saluki_guy
You sent them our spreadsheet?
Not to Dearborn, but I did print and take a copy to the dealer and regional rep.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:52 PM
Saluki_guy
Tuned
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Not to Dearborn, but I did print and take a copy to the dealer and regional rep.
Nice! What was their response to it?

Old 10-14-2016, 02:04 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Saluki_guy
Nice! What was their response to it?
They understood there were problems in the system but this brought proof to the party. It is too bad that all the June, July and August orders which have been delivered were not there too but they accepted that fact verbally. I am still debating posting the two letters but somehow, as angry as I am about the system's failures I am not "Rasalas Leaks."

Quick Reply: Order Not Picked Up?