2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Order Not Picked Up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 03:20 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasalas
They understood there were problems in the system but this brought proof to the party. It is too bad that all the June, July and August orders which have been delivered were not there too but they accepted that fact verbally. I am still debating posting the two letters but somehow, as angry as I am about the system's failures I am not "Rasalas Leaks."
Rob, it's your call but posting those types of letters don't really do any good for anyone, especially yourself. Everyone here knows you got the shaft and hopefully Ford is going to make things right for you soon. I've seen other respected guys go full scorched-earth on Ford for some perceived slight and they all end up fading away eventually. You're a reasonable guy and I can't think of a good reason not to take the high road. Just sayin'

Old 10-14-2016, 05:16 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Rob, it's your call but posting those types of letters don't really do any good for anyone, especially yourself. Everyone here knows you got the shaft and hopefully Ford is going to make things right for you soon. I've seen other respected guys go full scorched-earth on Ford for some perceived slight and they all end up fading away eventually. You're a reasonable guy and I can't think of a good reason not to take the high road. Just sayin'
I know that of which you speak...and completely agree...life is better in the sun, Rob. It'll all shake out brother. You'll be cruising in no time.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:51 PM
archer3
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I talked to my dealer today and while I was there he called the Ford rep on speaker who said there was still an issue with the wire loams and my truck will hopefully be built on the week of November 14 and a delivery date of mid December or soif all goes well. I ordered June 19th.
On a good note for me I was able to change my rims from 17s to 18s.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:54 PM
Azuretruck
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
The priority is set to 10. Better than 20 but not as good as 1. I wonder if asking him to change the priority will help. I don't want to be a pest but I don't really want to wait until January for delivery.
Find another truck somewhere else

Old 10-14-2016, 11:33 PM
Jace2016
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by archer3
I talked to my dealer today and while I was there he called the Ford rep on speaker who said there was still an issue with the wire loams and my truck will hopefully be built on the week of November 14 and a delivery date of mid December or soif all goes well. I ordered June 19th.
On a good note for me I was able to change my rims from 17s to 18s.
Don't believe that BS, my truck was ordered Aug 23, picked Aug 30 and built Oct 12, ETA 10/24-10/30. If there was a wiring loom delay yours would still of been built before mine or SHOULD HAVE! I think they (Reps) say whatever they think you will buy. My truck is a Platinum truck with just about every option including all the cameras. Just doesn't add up the excuses they give sometimes.

Btw.....my dealer "01'd the order" week#2 with the rep. Priority 1 is what you want. Mine started as a priority 80 then moved to 1.

Old 10-15-2016, 12:05 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NStorm
I know that of which you speak...and completely agree...life is better in the sun, Rob. It'll all shake out brother. You'll be cruising in no time.
Thanks for the confirmation and Epic Too. As I said I am not wiki leaks and I have no need to hang out the dirty laundry. There is nothing that Ford is going to do the change things and the entire exercise was an attempt to call attention to their putting a bunch of people off who signed on for new vehicles right from the start and then have to sit and watch the rest of the world glowing in their new rides. I really have nothing against Ford other than a poorly planned roll out as if they learned nothing from the botched F150 startup. Oh well, in a couple of months the truck will be here.

And for those talking about wire looms, yes, they are still a problem. Certain configurations are still low in supply and spotty shipments are causing problems on the line. It is anticipated that the wire loom problems will be alleviated over the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Thanks guys for the support. The membership here would not have skyrocketed here over the last few months had it been any different.

Old 10-15-2016, 01:20 PM
archer3
Senior User
Originally Posted by Jace2016
Btw.....my dealer "01'd the order" week#2 with the rep. Priority 1 is what you want. Mine started as a priority 80 then moved to 1.
Jace2016, my order was set to Priority 01 four weeks ago and was confirmed as Priority 01 yesterday with the Rep.

I'm glad you got your truck in a timely manner and hope those of us who are still waiting will eventually get ours too.
I didn't mind waiting till it got to this week and am buying the truck I had leased for the last three years on Monday so I still have something to drive till the 2017 XLT Super Duty I'm buying (no lease this time) gets here.

Old 10-15-2016, 06:58 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,105 Likes on 2,846 Posts
I asked my dealer about bumping the order priority from 10 and here was the response:
The order status is sold, which is top priority!

Your order will pulled when the cameras are available and I will check every Friday. We want the order placed as badly as you do. We have numerous orders held up because of this issue..
I'm not in dire need of a new truck. I would LIKE to have a new truck so I can pull my toy hauler, but it's not the end of the world if the new truck doesn't arrive before hunting season (which is this week ). So I'll continue to wait somewhat patiently and keep maintaining my current truck as if I was planning to keep it for more than just the next few months.

Old 10-15-2016, 07:10 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
I asked my dealer about bumping the order priority from 10 and here was the response:

I'm not in dire need of a new truck. I would LIKE to have a new truck so I can pull my toy hauler, but it's not the end of the world if the new truck doesn't arrive before hunting season (which is this week ). So I'll continue to wait somewhat patiently and keep maintaining my current truck as if I was planning to keep it for more than just the next few months.
Sold can be Priority 10-19 so your dealer if full of it. What you need is for the dealer to try and get Ford to assign you a code of 01-09 then maybe you will get one of the first cameras when they are available

Old 10-15-2016, 07:17 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unless there are different cameras for different trims or wheelbases, or some other delineation, they're blowing smoke. Trucks are being built each week with cameras...all the cameras. I'll echo johndeerefarmer...you need priority #1 to jump the line.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:54 PM
petei
Tuned
The advance of the people who wait that long is that by the time you will receive it all or most of the bugs will be take care.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:41 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 540 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasalas
They understood there were problems in the system but this brought proof to the party. It is too bad that all the June, July and August orders which have been delivered were not there too but they accepted that fact verbally. I am still debating posting the two letters but somehow, as angry as I am about the system's failures I am not "Rasalas Leaks."
Rob, I actually feel really bad for you since you ordered so early and have not gotten your truck yet when others have ordered later and are already driving theirs.

If you lived nearer to me, I'd let you take mine for the weekend.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:19 AM
The Ace of Spades
More Turbo
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Where are you guys looking to check on your orders?

Old 10-16-2016, 09:10 AM
Kampn
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by troverman
Rob, I actually feel really bad for you since you ordered so early and have not gotten your truck yet when others have ordered later and are already driving theirs.

Troverman, that's very nice of you, total class.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:20 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman

New Hampshire is just one state away! LOL. Thanks for the offer. I am really fortunate that I still have my '01 and I still like it. Since the fellow buying it is in California and wants to use it around here for next summer before taking it back to SanDiego for rebuilding (new doors, fenders, cab corners etc) I am considering keeping it licensed for the winter as my winter beater. But last 2 times I tried that I always had an excuse to drive the new one. Plus I want to keep the same plate and number. It took 10 years out of the last 26 to learn this one! Anyway, duck season starts in 6 days and deer prep and time right 6 weeks later so time will be occupied with things to do. But the stack of parts in the shop for the new one is growing and a constant reminder of better days to come.

And I have followed most posts and still here banter about "this is the reason and that is the reason" for the delays. Ford ordering and build has a strong disconnect. It is not possible that so many trucks have been produced and the right combination was not available for so many of the early orders. But I do believe that the wire loom problem is still there. Yes there are Super Cabs being produced but since they are small in numbers ordered and option packages I have a strong feeling that the fully loaded wiring for the SC has been overlooked in favor of the high end CC trucks. Last communication was the wiring was the delay for this truck and in combination of the camera shortages has put this order to the rear. The rep cross referenced the items not available with the chassis and options and could not put together a build order which would come through any faster. Maybe bull shiest but I will choose to believe it, for now. And I told him do not take anything off my order to get a faster production. OK back to the waiting and reading game and finishing the new trestle table for the hunting camp.

And reps to you for the offer but the stupid rep cannon must have been designed by Ford.

Quick Reply: Order Not Picked Up?