6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

RevX

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 05:40 PM
pud
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RevX

This stuff is like a hit of crack is to a strung out junkie for our engines. It soothes the internals and makes everything better hahah!
I had a terrible problem with #2 injector causing the worst miss ever. The truck would buck so hard the the crap in my door cubbies would rattle around. I read about RevX but haven't been able to find it to try it out.

Well monday morning the truck wouldn't start after trying a million different things and I finally gave up and took it to a shop. Fired up no prob for him and there was a code for the cam sensor so swapped it out. He happened to carry RevX so I put two 8oz bottles in, hopped in my truck and drove away. 6 miles down the road I could barely get the truck to miss, and after 60 miles the thing has never ran this smooth ever and doesn't miss a single beat. Totally freaking impressed.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:52 PM
wedge542
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It seems to work wonders on some and not so much on others but i think its how bad condition was to start with, ive tried it and archoil and i think the rev x shown more results but cost more. keep us informed how long yours keeps doing well if you can.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:38 AM
Idahoser
Tuned
I think the key is to properly diagnose the problem. If stiction in the injectors is what is causing your problem, then of course, Rev-X or Archoil will temporarily relieve the pain. When you change oil next, you'll lose the effect. And it's not a complete solution, I still get smoke some cold mornings, but it still runs WAY better with the snake oil.
I've done this for several winters now but I'm coming to the point of doing something with my injectors. I've thought hard and still can't make up my mind whether it's worth cleaning the spool valves, or just replacing the injectors. I think I'll probably end up deciding to clean one bank, then see what it feels like.
But if your problem is caused by something other than the oil side of the injectors having a varnish on the spool valves, then of course this stuff is not going to fix it, and you're wrong to bash it, you just didn't diagnose the problem correctly.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:23 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 288 Likes on 148 Posts
You're better off replacing the injector. Cleaning the spool valve can be risky because you can sand it down too much and torquing it down again after, is hit or miss.

Some have done it with success, but better safe than sorry.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:08 AM
FiznUKa
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What is the OP bashing from what I read he likes it.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:26 PM
Idahoser
Tuned
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
You're better off replacing the injector. Cleaning the spool valve can be risky because you can sand it down too much and torquing it down again after, is hit or miss.

Some have done it with success, but better safe than sorry.
Yeah, that's been my position too sometimes, but then again it's a lot more expensive to start with. I probably will end up there (but who knows)
Originally Posted by FiznUKa
What is the OP bashing from what I read he likes it.
I'm sorry that was how it looked, I just meant that when you're looking up whether to use this stuff, you'll find people who say it's useless but they'd be wrong, they don't understand what it does.