2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Build Day

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 07:01 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Azuretruck
Ok to sell date is around August 15. Retail orders will be scheduled after this date. Production for retail orders will probably start late August at the earliest if not in September. Personally I don't think they will arrive with early stock orders.
What I don't understand is if they can produce 88 trucks an hour time how come all of our trucks are not picked up and scheduled.
OK to sell is the production point where Ford Management feels the assembly line is working smoothly and everything is being accomplished accurately. If assy problems are discovered the vehicles have to be sent back in for correction. No problem on stock vehicles but retail sales are supposed to be correct the first time around...no glitches. I doubt anyone getting an early build would ever have a problem due to assembly procedure but waiting a little extra time is probably the right thing to do. I have always had a problem with waiting once I make up my mind to purchase something, especially something as special and good as this truck will be. Maybe not quite as bad as Veruca Salt but a White Gold Goose would be nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

Old 07-17-2016, 06:47 AM
scagwildcat
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finally some good news from my dealer,they told me they woild keep me informed and they held true to their word.. i got a call saying that my truck ordered on 4/22 now has a full vin and a build date of sept 5th..if all goes well the dealership should have the truck two weeks after its built....

Old 07-17-2016, 11:06 AM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scagwildcat
i am truly baffled, i talked to my dealer,talked with several at ford and everyone tells me they will not start production until late August! and i asked about everyone here posting thay they have vins,i was told unless someone posts a complete vin# they have no idea what numbers people are talking about...i ordered my truck the day the order banks opened, we ordered two trucks one was dealer stock and one for me,which.ever truck was built first will be mine...that was 4/22 i believe. ive even spoke to ford customer care, no vins yet and no production dates yet.. the super duty plant is closed the entire month of july..

I have also checked with my salesman SEVERAL times...and this guy is a straight shooter. We have ordered about 8 vehicles from him over the years and he told me straight up....we DO NOT have any info for your truck or your dad's truck yet. Just checked on Thursday. They are ordered Retail/Priority 10. I told him about all the VINs and build dates on here and he checked with the Order guy and General Manager and the Thursday report shows nada for our two trucks. Based on what others are saying on here....do I demand to see the Thursday printouts and would basically be calling BS on him...??...LOL. I'll be like that guy on SNL...."Mooove" so I can look at the PC. Just frustrating that a lot of guys on here have the info. I have gone to the build section as advised but I see no popup to get into a chat conversation to see if a Ford Rep can find any info. We ordered 2 Identical Platinums, F250 Crew Shortys side by side on the order bank on April 20....they are not Chassis Cabs. Any Ideas or suggestions?

Old 07-17-2016, 11:30 AM
RainDesert
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
My dealer has no retail order vins yet, just stock order vins with dates. I think this is still the norm. I will post when my dealer gets a retail vin.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:59 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by RainDesert
My dealer has no retail order vins yet, just stock order vins with dates. I think this is still the norm. I will post when my dealer gets a retail vin.
And my dealer is the same. I asked and salesgirl even contacted the regional rep and his reply was the retail orders should be picked up around the first or second week of August and then would be acted upon quickly.

As far as the Super Duty plant not operating until the end of July, according to the KTP forum there are people on the line right now. Not fully functional but working at getting things operational. As of Wednesday last there were still outside contractors working at various stations from the changeover. For instance a B line worker reported they only had their hands on 11 trucks all day (I believe there are 3 lines, A, B and C). But to that point, the plant is running. Full production may take a while and errors may occur in the mean time. I will wait for the OK to hopefully have mine come down the line fully processed with no need to be re-worked or re-torqued or re-painted or re anything. Just made right the first time.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:42 PM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RainDesert

OK...thanks RainDesert and Rasalas. Maybe that explains it a bit more. I was getting ready to go through the roof at night Tom Cruise style and lower myself down to the PC...LOL

Old 07-19-2016, 09:24 PM
Azuretruck
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone know how production is coming along?

On cars.com there are over 400 2017 super duties listed and out of them only 8 are F450's. Do they not make many F450s??

Old 07-20-2016, 07:02 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 538 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by Azuretruck
Does anyone know how production is coming along?

On cars.com there are over 400 2017 super duties listed and out of them only 8 are F450's. Do they not make many F450s??
They don't make as many F-450s, obviously, as that is not what most people want. Probably F-250 and 350 SRW, shortbed crew cabs are most common. 450s are probably least common.

I doubt the cars.com info is very accurate. It could simply be dealers listing vehicles for sale that are "in transit and coming soon" but in reality the vehicles have not even been produced.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:12 AM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Upon completion of our builds, anyone have an idea on the average time for delivery to our dealers? 2 weeks? 6-8 weeks? etc?

Old 07-20-2016, 09:52 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 538 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by PwerStroke99
Upon completion of our builds, anyone have an idea on the average time for delivery to our dealers? 2 weeks? 6-8 weeks? etc?
I'd say on average about one month. It could be as few as two weeks, but unfortunately for some it could be two months. Some trucks seem to get stuck on "Ramp XX" and stay in limbo for awhile.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:54 AM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Kind of what I figured. it could vary.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:08 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by troverman
I'd say on average about one month. It could be as few as two weeks, but unfortunately for some it could be two months. Some trucks seem to get stuck on "Ramp XX" and stay in limbo for awhile.
I think that although being retail the priority 10 may help alleviate this for some. At least I am hoping so. At lease a little reward for waiting not so patiently watching build dates and delivery dates and VIN figures everywhere else.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:11 AM
HouseMouse
Elder User
Other than going to the Dealer.... Is there someplace one can go to check on the status of an order?

Old 07-20-2016, 10:32 AM
charlesweaver3
Senior User
My dealer put my order in as a retail order with priority 10 as well. Hoping the vins starting getting released for us retail guys soon!

Old 07-20-2016, 10:33 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by charlesweaver3
My dealer put my order in as a retail order with priority 10 as well. Hoping the vins starting getting released for us retail guys soon!
I am told to expect first or second week of August

Quick Reply: Build Day