Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

March Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 09:00 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Birthday is Wednesday, dont know what the **** I want to do, and dont want to remember how old I am. Im only 24, but ****, I have the body of a 50 year old. Money is time, and time is money, and I wish I could have the nice things everyone elses mom and dad pays for, but my kids will be better off and not be dependent little ****s later in life.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:00 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
I also have the liver of a 30 year alcoholic. But hard work pays off, and I love my work.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:03 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Ordered some parts for the f series. Also found a good machine shop here close to me, doing the king pin bushings for me. If Im impressed, they will get my engine bore and hone work, and head work.

Old 03-29-2016, 06:16 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan
Birthday is Wednesday, dont know what the **** I want to do, and dont want to remember how old I am. Im only 24, but ****, I have the body of a 50 year old. Money is time, and time is money, and I wish I could have the nice things everyone elses mom and dad pays for, but my kids will be better off and not be dependent little ****s later in life.
Happy birthday youngun

Old 03-29-2016, 07:17 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
It has a chevy P30 chassis, 454 engine with a turbo 400 trans. I had just filled it up with fuel before the transmission took a dump so I got my siphon hose out and pulled out most of the fuel and filled up all our other vehicles. Took me like 10 trips but at least it won't go bad just sitting in the tank plus no need to have a full tank in her right now.

Getting a battery for the F100 tomorrow and see if I can at least get the thing running. Daughters boyfriend is going to pull the carb and work on it.

Happy Birthday Jacob!!!

Hugh: sometimes we are our own worst enemy!!!

Old 03-29-2016, 07:23 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan
Happy Birthday kid. I would give almost anything to be 24 again, but would still have to grow old again. Not going through that a second time. Take better care of yourself Jacob. As Mickey Mantle said, if I new I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. Enjoy!

Old 03-29-2016, 09:06 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
It has a chevy P30 chassis, 454 engine with a turbo 400 trans. I had just filled it up with fuel before the transmission took a dump so I got my siphon hose out and pulled out most of the fuel and filled up all our other vehicles. Took me like 10 trips but at least it won't go bad just sitting in the tank plus no need to have a full tank in her right now.

Getting a battery for the F100 tomorrow and see if I can at least get the thing running. Daughters boyfriend is going to pull the carb and work on it.

Happy Birthday Jacob!!!

Hugh: sometimes we are our own worst enemy!!!

Reuilding that on should not be that much. It was very common. A tranny shop may have one on the shelf ready to go.

It may be something a simple as the vacuum line on the modulator. Yall were messing with the exhaust.

Last edited by hturner12; 03-30-2016 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Add text
Old 03-30-2016, 07:29 AM
axelgawn
Senior User
Originally Posted by yankbs 66f100
Happy Birthday kid. I would give almost anything to be 24 again, but would still have to grow old again. Not going through that a second time. Take better care of yourself Jacob. As Mickey Mantle said, if I new I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. Enjoy!
Life will change really fast in 6 years or at least it did for me, however its aways going to have projects to work on to distract you from aging

Old 03-30-2016, 06:16 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by hturner12
Reuilding that on should not be that much. It was very common. A tranny shop may have one on the shelf ready to go.

It may be something a simple as the vacuum line on the modulator. Yall were messing with the exhaust.
It started to make a funny while about a mile from home and then it quit pulling, when it cools off it will drive some and you can really smell the burnt in the oil.

Carb on the f100 is beyond repair, it's really bad so I guess I will get one soon. I got the battery for it today.

Dental surgery is tomorrow so I may off the net for a day or two.

Contacted an old Army buddy yesterday and where he works is going to expand this summer and is going to be looking for people, so I have a good lead on getting a job after I retire!!! Best thing is that it's in Rome and no big commute!!!

Old 03-30-2016, 06:19 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
It started to make a funny while about a mile from home and then it quit pulling, when it cools off it will drive some and you can really smell the burnt in the oil.

Carb on the f100 is beyond repair, it's really bad so I guess I will get one soon. I got the battery for it today.

Dental surgery is tomorrow so I may off the net for a day or two.

Contacted an old Army buddy yesterday and where he works is going to expand this summer and is going to be looking for people, so I have a good lead on getting a job after I retire!!! Best thing is that it's in Rome and no big commute!!!
Great on job possibly

Good luck on the surgery.

Rock auto 169.50 50 core

If the modulator went TU it would not shift. If I remember correctly that was a common problem, the diaphragm would rupture.

Last edited by hturner12; 03-30-2016 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Add text
Old 03-31-2016, 04:21 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I had my dental surgery this morning, it turned out really good. It started at 9 am and I still can't feel my tongue or front of my face. They gave me some real good drugs to keep the pain and swelling down.

Old 03-31-2016, 05:18 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Glad everything went well. Good take home drugs are becoming rare.

Tomorrow starts box on the porch season again. This season gearbox,ps pump, ps lines, tie rod end and speakers.

Saturday hitting the junkyards with Alex so should have electric cruse control and maybe up graded seats.
Big ticket on his list is his transmission

We are going hit Pull a Part in Conley first then hit Johnson's in Griffin

Old 03-31-2016, 08:43 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Chief, glad to hear everything went well today. Hopefully the feeling has come back, and the drooling has stopped. LOL

Hugh, good luck to you and Alex on Saturday on the hunt.

I'll be spending Saturday with the bed, and the DA sander getting ready for primer, and wet sanding, and primer, and you know. But at least I don't think the light at the end of the tunnel is a train anymore. A new month starts tomorrow.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:49 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
May is going to be my month with the body. Plan on shooting paint in June. July will be the clas v trailer hitch and brake controller and hopefully the camper so we can visit the kids in Tx. Then I start gathering parts to do the rear disk conversion .

Old 04-01-2016, 04:32 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Wife took a pic of my face after I tried to eat oatmeal last night and had it all over my face and clothes. Feeling is back but wish it wasn't. Waiting for the morning pain meds to kick in and take the edge off. I have a post op check up this morning so we are heading back to Ft Benning, Wife is going with me to do some shopping at the commissary.