6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Radio memory issue?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 04:47 PM
drillmaster
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio memory issue?

Traded my 04 F250 6.0 for a new 15 F250 6.7 in May. Loving the truck so far but seem to be having some kind of issue with the radio retaining some basic settings like balance, fader, and Bluetooth volume. I will set the radio up with the settings I like but after I shut the truck off and let it sit overnight the settings will all be back to the halfway point. I can't seem to find anything in the owners manual about having to save the settings after I enter them. I have the standard AM/FM/CD/Sync radio.

Does anyone know if there is a trick to saving these settings or am I having some sort of memory issue?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:36 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Level of the truck makes a diff. You could have an xlt or Platinum. You need to supply more info.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Sounds like a radio issue. Have you checked the latest Sync upgrade has been performed?

Create a profile at the Ford Owner's site and enter your VIN.. It will tell you if you need a Sync update.

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...tration.html#/

Old 12-01-2015, 04:21 AM
drillmaster
Junior User
The truck is an XLT.

I checked my fordowner page and it says the sync is up to date (version 4.4).

Old 12-01-2015, 05:12 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Send the Ford IVT Team a pm and ask them about the problem. They are the Sync/Radio experts from Ford that monitor this forum.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...newpm&u=710543

Old 12-01-2015, 08:14 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by drillmaster
Traded my 04 F250 6.0 for a new 15 F250 6.7 in May. Loving the truck so far but seem to be having some kind of issue with the radio retaining some basic settings like balance, fader, and Bluetooth volume. I will set the radio up with the settings I like but after I shut the truck off and let it sit overnight the settings will all be back to the halfway point. I can't seem to find anything in the owners manual about having to save the settings after I enter them. I have the standard AM/FM/CD/Sync radio.

Does anyone know if there is a trick to saving these settings or am I having some sort of memory issue?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.
Hey drillmaster,

Since SYNC is running the current version and the issue seems to be more radio related, I recommended reaching out to your dealer to have this checked out.

Whitney

Old 12-01-2015, 03:42 PM
auburngrad
Senior User
Good luck.

I am having the same issues. 2015 250 XLT. Had to take the truck once just so they can try and replicate. Mine did the reset between 6 and 10 days. Dealer never got it to replicate. And tried a "reset". Phone sometimes wouldn't sync.

Got the truck back, did it again within 3 days. I was busy and didn't get the truck back. Just took it again, and in working with Ford, they decided to replace some audio control. I'm pretty sure that's the radio.

Took about 4 days to get the part.

Replaced it. And I have now had this one reset back to the middle settings. About 6 days after leaving the dealer. The plus is the phone does seem to be syncing better and all the time now. But I lost speed volume, not sure why.

I haven't called to see what the new plan of action is. Dealer I trust is about 40 minutes away, and not where I bought it, so I haven't tried getting a loaner.

If there was a aftermarket unit that would work with my phone like I wanted, II would probably just go that route.But, there isn't, and this issue shouldn't be happening on a new truck.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:05 PM
drillmaster
Junior User
Thanks for the help Whitney. When I take it in for its next oil change I will ask them to look at it.

I really don't know if my phone always syncs since I don't see any indication on the radio and hardly ever try to use it while driving. I do know that when a text comes in or a phone call comes in I have to turn the volume up every time.

Curt

Old 12-02-2015, 08:51 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by drillmaster
Thanks for the help Whitney. When I take it in for its next oil change I will ask them to look at it.

I really don't know if my phone always syncs since I don't see any indication on the radio and hardly ever try to use it while driving. I do know that when a text comes in or a phone call comes in I have to turn the volume up every time.

Curt
No problem, drillmaster. Let me know how it goes.

Whitney