Sponsored by: Moser

2012 ecoboost engine change

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 09:11 PM
RRRSkinner
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dkf
If the MSD part failed causing the failure of the engine you have to have it documented by the dealer and then go after MSD for the damages caused by the faulty part. Documentation, receipts, counsel and etc will be helpful.
Sounds like the right track. So let's say the MSD part failed:

1. Document the engine failure.
2. Photograph the failed part.
3. Write MSD with a letter of concern.
4. Write MSD and invite them to the engine tear down.
5. If the engine failure was caused by the part, demand payment.
6. File civil action.

Then prepare for interrogatories, depositions, admit or deny, expert witnesses...

This assumes no other mods are culpable or blame worthy.

I am willing to bet that is not the case and that the op is already working on solving the problem he caused???????????

Old 04-13-2015, 05:18 PM
FalcoDog
Junior User
The OP may have left because of extreme silliness

Old 04-13-2015, 05:26 PM
RRRSkinner
Senior User
I did some checking. The op is investigating to what degree these forums are full of quasi-Ford employees promoting Ford products while posing as just regular old Ford lovers. The investigation is titled "Fanatics or Special Interests?"

Old 04-13-2015, 05:38 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That would be rotton to drag MSD down to make up a problem. I thought I 'll never buy there stuff again and I like MSD.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:17 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,222 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by RRRSkinner
I did some checking. The op is investigating to what degree these forums are full of quasi-Ford employees promoting Ford products while posing as just regular old Ford lovers. The investigation is titled "Fanatics or Special Interests?"
So, what's the point?

Anyone and everyone here has a right to use this forum so long as the rules and guidelines are followed.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:22 PM
RRRSkinner
Senior User
Originally Posted by tseekins
So, what's the point?

Anyone and everyone here has a right to use this forum so long as the rules and guidelines are followed.
Actually, people have been banned because they have been critical of ecoboost. I guess you are aware that there is a double-standard. I was recently banned purely for that reason. You might go to the ecoboost forum and look that up. Or, just ask nassty. His version might be different, but the facts speak volumes.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:24 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Actually, people have been banned because they have been critical of ecoboost. I guess you are aware that there is a double-standard. I was recently banned purely for that reason. You might go to the ecoboost forum and look that up. Or, just ask nassty. His version might be different, but the facts speak volumes.
I'm not going to spar with you in open forum. No one here has ever been banned for an opinion and I've never personally banned ANYONE except for an overseas spammer.

So, get your facts straight for once!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2015, 06:29 PM
RRRSkinner
Senior User
Originally Posted by bmuhlbach
That would be rotton to drag MSD down to make up a problem. I thought I 'll never buy there stuff again and I like MSD.
Agreed, but where is the OP. Unless he died, what is the point of asking how to swap out an engine that hasn't been around long? Then again, an engine swap is an engine swap to a large degree:

Remove the hood, separate the transmission, support the engine, remove exhaust, disconnect everything...lastly the motor mounts and pull...then reverse...I know there's more, but is the EB really a different R and R?

As much as I don't like calling him a troll, that's what it walks like and talks like. The problem is that too many throw out the t-word when someone really just disagrees.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:39 PM
RRRSkinner
Senior User
Originally Posted by tseekins
I'm not going to spar with you in open forum. No one here has ever been banned for an opinion and I've never personally banned ANYONE except for an overseas spammer.

So, get your facts straight for once!!!!!!!!!
I didn't intend to offend you, but you are confusing what has happened, as I described, in other places, with what has happened here. and I have been threatened to be banned as I perceive it.

Is there somewhere or something where we have been discussing "facts" because I consider this mostly opinion issues and for those who disagree, I welcome intelligent response. Many of the responses are emotional defenses and many, as I have pointed out, are misguided.

If you wish to spar privately, don't bring a knife to a gun fight (If you bring a "gun," please research "Vulcan cannon"....Relax...I'm kidding. I am curious why there is so much hostility?

Old 04-13-2015, 06:50 PM
RRRSkinner
Senior User
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...M61_Vulcan.jpg

I really hope you enjoy seeing a really cool gun.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:49 PM
NASSTY
Cargo Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Old 04-13-2015, 07:54 PM
RRRSkinner
Senior User
Originally Posted by NASSTY
True, but it wasn't going anywhere.

We were having such a nice private chat too....

Old 04-13-2015, 11:46 PM
tvsjr
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You were likely banned as a result of your attitude, which has been sub-optimal on more than one occasion. I'm usually the first person to call out heavy-handed moderators, but the mods around here have always been nothing but impeccable.

Try taking responsibility for your actions, instead of saying "ZOMG it's a double standard!"

There, that's how you

Old 04-14-2015, 08:35 AM
RRRSkinner
Senior User
Originally Posted by tvsjr
You were likely banned as a result of your attitude, which has been sub-optimal on more than one occasion. I'm usually the first person to call out heavy-handed moderators, but the mods around here have always been nothing but impeccable.

Try taking responsibility for your actions, instead of saying "ZOMG it's a double standard!"

There, that's how you
Let's examine this:

Banned for attitude: I make this point for thought provoking only and ask for thoughtful replies only. Say you are in a Court of law and you point to someone's "attitude"--especially on the internet, where you can not see the person's demeanor or expressions and you refer...again, to "attitude."
I am not a lawyer, but I am familiar with rules of evidence and grounds for objections.

I would say "objection your honor." The Judge or I would get to the point that you can not know what a person's attitude is.

My belief is that ecoboost is over-sold and my concern is that too many people are unwilling to allow that opinion.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:40 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Sorry gents, sadly I'm shutting this down. It's stalled, the name calling must stop, the insults must stop and we must keep things fairly close to the topic.

You all know me well enough to know that I allow quite a bit of latitude on a subject just to keep you all talking and to keep the thread moving.

Again, I'm sorry. I'm not heavy handed but enough is enough.