6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Delete Kit in Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 03:59 PM
Major Marvin
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delete Kit in Virginia

Thinking of doing the delete kit but know of no diesel shops which may perform the mods. Any ideas?

Old 03-27-2015, 04:37 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
It's really easy to do if you have any wrenching skills.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:05 PM
Major Marvin
Elder User
Originally Posted by UGA33
It's really easy to do if you have any wrenching skills.
I've got good wrenching skills but am not sure about the state inspection

Old 03-27-2015, 05:25 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Ah. How full blown are you wanting to go on the exhaust?

Old 03-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Major Marvin
Elder User
Ah. How full blown are you wanting to go on the exhaust?
I'd like to go downpipe back with a straight through muffler if possible..

Old 03-27-2015, 05:49 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Problem is whatever you do to the exhaust you will have to undo to pass your state inspection. Unless they don't inspect emmissions. if you replace only the DPF and install a tuner then the reversal will take only an hour or so. once you've done it it's pretty easy. If you start taking other parts of the exhaust off then you make it much harder. I am not deleted but was with my 6.4 and this truck doesn't look much different. Trust me, if you get the DPF out of the way you will have all the power and noise you want.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:48 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

^^What Stanley said. It's a pretty straight forward process. The equipment on the 6.7 is a little heavier than the 6.4s were so if you end up doing it yourself, just keep that in mind so it doesn't pin you to the driveway.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Major Marvin
Elder User
Originally Posted by StanleyZ
Problem is whatever you do to the exhaust you will have to undo to pass your state inspection. Unless they don't inspect emmissions. if you replace only the DPF and install a tuner then the reversal will take only an hour or so. once you've done it it's pretty easy. If you start taking other parts of the exhaust off then you make it much harder. I am not deleted but was with my 6.4 and this truck doesn't look much different. Trust me, if you get the DPF out of the way you will have all the power and noise you want.
Good information as usual folks, I towed about 200,000 miles and now am off the road with a regular job. It will be nice to have the gains in mileage for my daily commute. I don't need a ton of power but I don't like the egr contaminating the oil however. My 7.3 is another story

Outlawed seems to be the way to go but I don't want any trouble either

Old 03-27-2015, 09:46 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Just do it! You will LOVE IT!. Just keep everything and block off and unplug the EGR. That way you only have to put two connector flex pipes, and the DPF on when it's inspection time. I BET. You could even go to one of those cool "Economic" pay places. 15-20 more, but I bet they don't look.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:11 PM
txazguy
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Think about it this way...with the $ you save on fuel, and maintenance costs, you can afford to slip the guy $100 to pass you

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-28-2015, 09:02 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
^^What Stanley said. It's a pretty straight forward process. The equipment on the 6.7 is a little heavier than the 6.4s were so if you end up doing it yourself, just keep that in mind so it doesn't pin you to the driveway.
Darn UGA at my age the one off the 6.4L almost pinned me. I still have that thing in my shop attic. i figure one day somebody will need it and I can get some of my money back. GO DAWGS.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:05 PM
txazguy
Mountain Pass
Got access to a military base? Go to their DIY shop....you'll need a lift capable of supporting over 10k#, and a transmission jack. Cost me $40 for the time and the jack....almost 5 hrs.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:40 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by txazguy
Got access to a military base? Go to their DIY shop....you'll need a lift capable of supporting over 10k#, and a transmission jack. Cost me $40 for the time and the jack....almost 5 hrs.
I'm confused about the tranny jack, oh I get it you use the jack to hold the DPF while loosening it. Yeah, that sounds OK. Did mine ( 6.4) by driving up on the blocks I use to change oil. Lay
id on my back and it came off pretty easy. if you have a strong helpful wife ot girl friend you don't need the jack. Don't tell mine I said that though.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:42 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm confused about the tranny jack, oh I get it you use the jack to hold the DPF while loosening it. Yeah, that sounds OK. Did mine ( 6.4) by driving up on the blocks I use to change oil. Lay
id on my back and it came off pretty easy. if you have a strong helpful wife ot girl friend you don't need the jack. Don't tell mine I said that though.
I laid a piece of plywood under the truck (on top of my rock shop approach ramp), and used a floor jack to hold up the dpf.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:53 PM
txazguy
Mountain Pass
I did it on a vehicle lift at the DIY shop on Ft. Huachuca... getting the DPF off wasn't bad because I asked for help, so me and 2 other guys held on to it while I unbolted the hangers from the frame then we took it off. I used the tranny jack to help keep the pipes up so I could align them before clamping everything down.

Quick Reply: Delete Kit in Virginia