How much paint will I need to paint my truck? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Mota
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much paint will I need to paint my truck? Please help

I have a 1994 F150 XLT EXT CAB that I'm repainting. Its currently white, I myself am not painting the truck a good friends dad is going to the paint. I just have to buy it. It will be a cheap paint job. I'm going to use Restoration Shop 2.1 VOC High Solids Urethane Primer Gallon Kit with Hardener ,Cobra Blue Metallic ACRYLIC LACQUER Car Auto Paint Kit , and Restoration Shop High Performance Lacquer Sunscreen Clear. My question is how many gallons will I need of each? I'm doing the whole outside (not the inner bed) and door jams. The truck will have shaved door handles if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Old 02-16-2015, 10:13 AM
holdbeerwatchthis
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont use acrylic lacquer, all its going to do is cause problems. there is a reason everyone went to base coat clear coat. If you ever have to fix it your going to have problems matching and fixing, also its metallic so your looking at mad marbling with the acrylic. You would be better using a cheap urethane base coat clear. should need a gallon of clear if you are hard headed and depending on how cheap the paint it i dont know on the metallic, sometimes they cover some times they dont, Iv used a whole gallon of plumb crazy purple on the cab and fenders of a 99 gms, and you could still see the dang primer. Bought better paint and used less then half a gal. good luck