1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

1989 Ford Econoline E250 Coachmen Class B RV engine ticking/knocking noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 09:40 AM
tx2sturgis
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb definitions

No sir...this is not Facebook, but all of these forums, and I belong to several also, are social networks...social media.

I have thousands of posts on other forums, although I am new to this one, but I see many of you have thousands of posts registered here. Thats pretty social!

And yeah....we're glad to see it, because...contrary to popular belief...I dont know everything and need some help now and then with all things automotive.

From wikipedia:

"Social media is the social interaction among people in which they create, share or exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks......define social media as "a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0, and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content."<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference">[2]</sup> Furthermore, social media depend on mobile and web-based technologies to create highly interactive platforms through which individuals and communities share, co-create, discuss, and modify user-generated content. They introduce substantial and pervasive changes to communication between organizations, communities, and individuals."

An online community (us) is a form of social network.

"An online community is a virtual community whose members interact with each other primarily via the Internet. Those who wish to be a part of an online community usually have to become a member via a specific site. An online community can also act as an information system where members can post, comment on discussions, give advice or collaborate. Online communities have become a very popular way for people to interact, who have either known each other in real life or met online. The most common forms people communicate through are chat rooms, forums, e-mail lists or discussion boards. Most people rely on social networking sites to communicate with one another but there are many other examples of online communities. People also join online communities through video games, blogs and virtual worlds."

Just sayin. And I will let it drop since I severely hijacked this thread and should be horse-whipped.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:37 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,394 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Originally Posted by tx2sturgis
Just sayin. And I will let it drop since I severely hijacked this thread and should be horse-whipped.

No harm, no foul!

Old 09-25-2014, 04:09 PM
ASSYRIAN_ELVIS_E250
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tx2sturgis
Sure.

First you need to reduce the resolution and pixel size of the pic you want to use. I dont remember the maximum pix count, but its something like 200x100 or less. If your signature pic is too big it will be rejected and you will have to shrink it even more.

Next, just click on your username, then User CP, then Edit Signature.

Scroll to the Signature Picture section. Click 'Browse...' and point the dialog box to your picture on your computer.

Then arrange it (using the 'Insert Signature Picture' command) with any text you want to use

Hope this helps.
There is no option for edit signature in the control panel.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:14 PM
ASSYRIAN_ELVIS_E250
New User
Originally Posted by subford
I did not think this type of Forum was classified as an online social networking service.
I was referring to online services such as facebook, twitter and those types.
Subford, thanks for all ur help on yor posts. Im going to send u some pictures of the panel and generator, You seem like a nice guy who wants to help. I am 32 yrs old but Im an old school guy. It would be nice to make some freinds and someone who I could talk with on the phone instead of texting email or forums. I think that would be more helpful to me, because its very difficult uploading pictures to this site. Thats why I wanna open a youtube channel so I can interact with people through videos and show me rig to the rv/van.ford truck community. im going to email u now my number. thanks

Old 10-07-2014, 12:02 AM
ASSYRIAN_ELVIS_E250
New User
Ok guys heres an update on my van. I had a firestone tech just listen to the engine and he thinks the ticking noise is from a loose spark plug wire or loose or bad connected spark plug. I talked to another guy whos a race car mechanic and he thinks the ticking noise is coming from the pulley attached to the power steering pump. He told me the bearings wear out in the pulleys and cause the ticking noise and problems with acceleration. There are 3 pulleys i believe one is for ac compresser, 2nd is for alternator and 3rd is on the power steering pump.The ticking noise seems to be coming from the pulley near the power steering pump. What you guys think any suggestions?

Old 10-07-2014, 07:45 AM
subford
Fleet Owner
Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts
Take all the belts off and start the engine for not more than two minutes and see if you still have the noise. If not move all the pulleys by hand and see what they feel like.

If it is spark jumping re-run the wire in question or push it more on to the plug or put it on the plug.

Old 10-15-2014, 03:40 AM
ASSYRIAN_ELVIS_E250
New User
Originally Posted by subford
Take all the belts off and start the engine for not more than two minutes and see if you still have the noise. If not move all the pulleys by hand and see what they feel like.

If it is spark jumping re-run the wire in question or push it more on to the plug or put it on the plug.

You are the grand wizard of fordS! mr subford was right guys the ticking noise was coming from the number 5 spark plug and wire, which was loose, its back on no ticking and no accelaration problems! kudos to subford!