Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Paint & Bodywork
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Paint & Bodywork SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2014, 05:51 AM
Elder User

yetiman38237 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Tint a sprayable bedliner?

One thing I have left to do is spray in a new bedliner. I had a buddy do it over 10 years ago and it was looking faded and beat up a little so I am going to be tackling that in next week or so. I do have some paint left over (a little over a qt) but don't want to end up with a sick gray looking mess. Has anyone ever tried to match paint with bedliner and have any tips?
Old 05-08-2014, 06:40 AM
Amatuer Restorer

gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.
UPOL Raptorliner sells a tintable bedliner. There may be others, this is just the one I use. A clearish color made to mix with auto paints and UV resistant. Not to be confused with the normal black.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Elder User

Thanks, I decided to use google *gasp* and found that exact brand on Ebay pretty reasonable with instructions on how to mix. I do believe I will be using that.....only thing with this pearl being a 3 stage paint I am unsure how to make it look like the truck instead of bright white. I am thinking if I mix the pearl in with the paint it should be pretty close.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
I used this (Rock-it)
SEM Products | Automotive Repair and Refinishing Products
rolled it on. But, like paint, it will show scratches if you slide stuff on it.
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 06-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Elder User

Well I bought the Raptor from Upol, got a kit and tinted like the instructions. Only thing was my bed was black from original bedliner so it had some spots that weren't completely filled in white. I managed to get my hands on a single bottle and touched it up. I would recommend using 2 full gallons with a color change. I looks good but not sure how durable this stuff would be. I don't plan on abusing it so it should be fine.....looks nicer than black bed with white truck imho
Old 06-07-2014, 06:34 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
MonstaLiner is another brand of tintable bed liner type material--pretty cool stuff actuall: Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner outperforms Herculiner Bed Liner, Duplicolor and Rustoleum Road Warrior
Old 07-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Team Brahma

liftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputation
liftnw8z Bill_SoonerFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetiman38237 View Post
Well I bought the Raptor from Upol, got a kit and tinted like the instructions. Only thing was my bed was black from original bedliner so it had some spots that weren't completely filled in white. I managed to get my hands on a single bottle and touched it up. I would recommend using 2 full gallons with a color change. I looks good but not sure how durable this stuff would be. I don't plan on abusing it so it should be fine.....looks nicer than black bed with white truck imho
This is something I am looking into. I just bought an F350 that is white, and the bed is sound but a little scraped up. I want to do something for protection above paint, but don't want a black lining product. None of the pro lining shops in the area do tintable stuff (for whatever reason I'm not sure).

Seems like Monstaliner and this Raptor stuff are worth looking into.
'98 F150 4x4 "Brahma Bull Edition" 5.4L, Auto, 6" lift w/glide-ride, custom stereo, more - '96 F350 XLT CCLB 4x4 "The tOwBS", 7.3L PSD, Riffraff 6637, 3" dp to 4" exh., and evil intentions - '98 Expy EB

R.I.P "SteveBricks", a friend and a brother, you'll be missed.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:45 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
I really like my bedrug......I have hauled steel, wood, sod & concrete...never an issue but I do lay a tarp down with dirt so it makes cleanup easier.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:49 AM
Elder User

I haven't put anything in bed that can actually scratch it so I can't comment on durability. My gut says it would probably scuff if I were hauling concrete blocks or something........
Old 08-14-2014, 05:36 AM
Senior User

karlduke is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
I really like my bedrug......I have hauled steel, wood, sod & concrete...never an issue but I do lay a tarp down with dirt so it makes cleanup easier.
Just curious if bedrug will help trap the water underneath it.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:22 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlduke View Post
Just curious if bedrug will help trap the water underneath it.
No...there is a dense foam type backing which is designed to match the bed, making the surface dead smooth.....water to date has not penetrated and there is no moisture issue.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud of
Al's liner is also tintable and I have had Very good luck with it
Old 08-22-2014, 02:05 PM
Team Brahma

liftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputation
liftnw8z Bill_SoonerFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad View Post
Al's liner is also tintable and I have had Very good luck with it
I've looked into this one too. I like what I see.
'98 F150 4x4 "Brahma Bull Edition" 5.4L, Auto, 6" lift w/glide-ride, custom stereo, more - '96 F350 XLT CCLB 4x4 "The tOwBS", 7.3L PSD, Riffraff 6637, 3" dp to 4" exh., and evil intentions - '98 Expy EB

R.I.P "SteveBricks", a friend and a brother, you'll be missed.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:05 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Paint & Bodywork