Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Modular V8 (4.6L, 5.4L)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Senior User

dockrocker is starting off with a positive reputation.
2005 5.4 3V - multiple codes

2005 Navi, running like el crapo with CEL. Codes:

P0300
P0305
P0306
P0307
P0308

Misfires on all bank 2 cylinders. Also throwing P2198 O2 sensor and P0175 rich on bank #2.

So, where do I start? Replace the O2 sensor, since that seems to be common part?
Old 02-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Elder User

enriched&beyound is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockrocker View Post
2005 Navi, running like el crapo with CEL. Codes:

P0300
P0305
P0306
P0307
P0308

Misfires on all bank 2 cylinders. Also throwing P2198 O2 sensor and P0175 rich on bank #2.

So, where do I start? Replace the O2 sensor, since that seems to be common part?
I would start by correcting the miss fires 1st. start with fresh plugs and check the COPs...make sure everything is firing correctly. then I check the injectors....Ford did a extended warranty/customer satisfaction on them for 05', maybe your Navi will qualify?
Old 02-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Senior User

I have a hard time believing all of the plugs and/or COPS decided to crap out on the same day. The truck was running fine on day 1, on day 2 it took a crap and started throwing all the codes.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Elder User

enriched&beyound is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockrocker View Post
I have a hard time believing all of the plugs and/or COPS decided to crap out on the same day. The truck was running fine on day 1, on day 2 it took a crap and started throwing all the codes.
How many miles are on your truck? Did you drive through a bunch of water? or wash the engine bay?

Its hard to say what happened in what sequence of events? To get a better understanding of whats happening you will need a scanner capable of a "mode 6" scan...meaning it is able look at exactly how the sensors are functioning and the rate of misfires, ect. but that isn't cheep
Old 02-25-2014, 10:11 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
The misfire codes showing all four cylinders on the left/drivers side strongly suggests the wiring harness connector for that bank leading into the larger harness connected to the ECM has become an issue. I'd check that first.

The 02 sensor might be throwing a code since too much unburned fuel is being pushed into the exhaust stream due those misfires.

HTH
Old 02-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
The misfire codes showing all four cylinders on the left/drivers side strongly suggests the wiring harness connector for that bank leading into the larger harness connected to the ECM has become an issue. I'd check that first.

The 02 sensor might be throwing a code since too much unburned fuel is being pushed into the exhaust stream due those misfires.

HTH
Where do I find this widget? Is it replaceable? This truck is fairly new to me, so I'm not sure where all the bits and pieces are located...
Old 02-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Senior User

Also, no water, just driving down the freeway and it started bucking and running like crap, no power, then throwing codes.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Without offense to you it might be time to bring in the experts with the shop, tools and whatever else needed to diagnose and repair this in a more timely manner.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Senior User

Not being made of cubic dollars, that is not an option. If I had the resources to spend on a dealership "hide and pay" mission, I would not be here.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:53 PM