Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2013, 01:05 PM
New User

Bwymike is starting off with a positive reputation.
08 Ranger FX4

Completely stock

T-bar crank and removed the mud flaps

Ford decal on back window

Got stuck

New tires 265/75r16

Front sway bar disconnected and flexing out

New bumper

Keys and shocks

3 inch blocks

New tires and rims 35x12.5x15 Falken Wildpeak A/T on Pro Comp 52 series rim (these tires suck do not buy them!)

2 inch shackles and 3 inch blocks

3 inch body lift made gap guards for the bumper and the bed. Cut the tow package so that it would look right and a lot of other little things to hind the body lift. the truck also now has 4 inch blocks and 2 inch shackles

New tires BFGs 35x12.50x15 with a full size spare

Some flexing

HIDs and some more lights (moved spare tire to the bed)

Was backed into by an 18 wheeler

Let know what you guys think and if there anything else to you think I should do
Old 01-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Postmaster

Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.
Nice truck!

I would ditch the chrome mirror caps, and do the headlight mod.
2003 Ford Ranger Edge+
-3.0 V6/M5OD-R1/Ford 8.8
Old 01-05-2014, 10:28 PM
New User

isaac3384 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I agree with fordzilla...ditch the mirror caps...

Maybe make an investment into led spot lights... other than that, I wouldnt change a thing!

While im thinking about it, a buddy of mine had a 2005 ranger just like yours that he used to take mudding... he found out the hard way that the intake runs really low (on the passenger side I believe), and he hydrolocked the motor by going in a little too deep. Luckily we had the tools to pull the plugs and turn the motor over to get the water out. There was no damage, but he did trade the truck in shortly after...lol... you may want to swap out the intake, or at least pull off the part that drops down below the filter...
Old 04-03-2014, 08:44 AM
New User

Bwymike is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here's an update on the build
Painted the flares with bed liner
Click the image to open in full size.
Custom tune and programmer
Larger filter and 3 inch MAF tube
E-fan take engine a good bit longer to warm up now
I have ordered all the part to swap my truck to manual locking hubs and I will be locking the front end. Also I have painted the mirror caps black and a few other little things. I'm still debating on if I want to paint the headlights. It's just a pain to have to put them in the oven and reseal them
Old 04-03-2014, 08:44 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects