Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2013, 03:10 PM
New User

MBfreak is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford noob from Sweden intro to plans

I am in the process of getting myself a restorable Ford pickup F1 or F100. Not very common in Sweden , and I am preparing myself by reading thru the many excellent posts on this Forum.
I have average to good restoring skills in most segments, but stay away from upholstering and paint jobs.

My plan is to restore the Fx that I hope to find to close to original status, and also make the paint job look " New 1950 " with modern paint of course.

To prepare myself I am looking for a workshop manual for a F1 or F100, and also a spare parts catalog. Any tips on where to buy, preferably in Europe?

Some modern parts will be introduced, mostly to do with brakes and electricals,ie converting to 12V.

If there is a more recent front hub that will fit as replacement that has disc brakes, I would be very happy for tips. About the only Fords that can be found at breakers in Europe are various vans from the 60s to 80s ( Ford Transit type stuff)
The cars that came over until end of the sixties have either been restored or recycled, there are very few available as breaking for spares.

Best regards

Ola
Old 12-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Junior User

jthesby is starting off with a positive reputation.
Jonathan hesby
Ebay is a decent source for service manual. Can be a bit pricey though, doubt you'll find many on your side of the pond though. Best of luck with the project search!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Senior User

toby tough is starting off with a positive reputation.
Howdy and welcome.I'm relatively new to these trucks myself and these guys are really great about helpin' us noobs out.One thing I did find out about catalogs and manuals is the manuals are found in lots of different places. I'm going to get one from faxonautolit.com. And a parts catalog C/D from hipoparts.com.Both will run me about 60 $ US,not too bad .LMC has the same stuff pretty much too.Good luck on your new truck!
I always say",Good work isn't cheap,and cheap work isn't good."
Old 12-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Senior User

toby tough is starting off with a positive reputation.
PS,Jimcar-9 is from Sweden also.Fagersta I think, maybe you guys can get together way over there.
I always say",Good work isn't cheap,and cheap work isn't good."
Old 12-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Elder User

jimcar-9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimcar-9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hi

You can see my project here

http://dinnerhillspeedshop.blogspot.se/?m=1

I am also going the stock "ish" way. I have had some contact with a few f100 restorers here in Sweden over the last years.

If you are close to Fagersta I can hook you up with a Swedish guy in San Fransisco that shippes a container now and then from the states , the price is good about 2 sek a dollar. I just order parts to his home adress with c/o my own name and he takes care of the rest.
Shoot me an email if you want someone to throw ideas with.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Elder User

jimcar-9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimcar-9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
By the way, welcome to an addictive place, and you should register yourself in this thread.

http://m.ford-trucks.com/forums/show....php?t=1267082
Old 12-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Postmaster

bigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcar-9 View Post
Hi

You can see my project here

DinnerHill SpeedShop

I am also going the stock "ish" way. I have had some contact with a few f100 restorers here in Sweden over the last years.

If you are close to Fagersta I can hook you up with a Swedish guy in San Fransisco that shippes a container now and then from the states , the price is good about 2 sek a dollar. I just order parts to his home adress with c/o my own name and he takes care of the rest.
Shoot me an email if you want someone to throw ideas with.
Is the container full yet?
Old 12-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100 View Post
Is the container full yet?
Ha ha their are always larger containers but right know the banc account is empty. ;-)
Old 12-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the board!!

I wish you well on your project
Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Postmaster

Harrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to all
Welcome to FTE!
Do you have a specific truck you are trying to buy or are you still looking for one?
This is the parts catalog that toby mentioned: 1948-56 Ford Truck Master Parts Catalog CD - HiPo Parts Garage It is well worth the $22.

Finding parts in Europe will be a challenge. Hopefully you are close enough to jimcar so you guys can get together.

When you have your truck, be sure to take lots of pictures and show them to us.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks