Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Junior User

LIKENIT is starting off with a positive reputation.
e40d Auto Trans overdrive

I have a 99 v-10 E4OD auto with a gear vendors. Last year I was not able to get it to shift out of overdrive and there was no light. The other day I was out and tghe light is out, but now it will not shift into overdrive at all. I also have a gear vendors unit and I can run that which will give me an overdrive over 3rd gear, but not as good on gas when doing that.
Any ideas on the problem that I might try fixing myself before I take it to a shop. I could run it this way as most of my use is towing and can use gear vendors but I don not want to damage the tranny in any way. Prefer getting overdrive back if it doesn't cost me a bundle.
1999 Ford F350XLT, CC, SB, SRW, 2WD, V-10, Auto, 4.30 LS, Borla headers, downpipe & exhaust, K&N Filter, 265-75-R16'S, Towing&Camper Package, Stabilizer Bars, BF Goodrich Velvet-Ride Shackles, Power Programer, Gear Vendors Under/Overdrive, Line-X Bed.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:26 PM

redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.
Well, we can start with the fact that you do not have an E4OD transmission. You have a 4R100.

2007 F-250 Super Cab Short Bed 4x4 XLT Sport Package 5.4L 3.73LS Tow Command

Stuart
Retired Master Sergeant

FTE Guidelines
Old 05-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Post Fiend

Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
The ONLY way to diagnose this is to get the codes read. The auto parts stores that read codes free cannot read these codes. Once you have codes then we can help. Without codes these isn't much we can do.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 05-26-2013, 06:27 PM