Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Freshman User

The_Jeremiah is starting off with a positive reputation.
New guy here, checking in!

Hey guys, The name is Jeremiah. I just joined the forum because (unfortunately) I just sold my ford truck and wanted to pop on over to the diesel forum and spike a conversation on which truck to buy. The truck I just sold was a 77 F-150 4x4 short bed, I dropped in a 1994 EFI 302, 5 speed, and Transfer case, let me tell you, she was something else!

That being said, I am located in central Washington, I am an ASE certified technician, I drag race in the summer time, looking forward to learning a bit more about the diesel pickups before I buy one and hopefully I can lend a helping hand to someone on the forum as well!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Well first off WELCOME in the water is fine
but if you live in Washington you already know that.
The water is really cold and a bit dirty.

As far as what diesel years to go with I would not get anything
newer that the 07 Way too much EPA nanny crap on the new ones.

Yes I know I have some on my 06 but an EGR valve is easy to deal with
and so is the Kat

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
Well first off WELCOME in the water is fine
but if you live in Washington you already know that.
The water is really cold and a bit dirty.

As far as what diesel years to go with I would not get anything
newer that the 07 Way too much EPA nanny crap on the new ones.

Yes I know I have some on my 06 but an EGR valve is easy to deal with
and so is the Kat

Sean
The water is really cold, over here in central washington we had our first sunshine of the year today! I like this whole chapters thing, nice to be able to relate to people on a forum about the weather!

I cant stand emissions crap, I am more looking along the lines of an idi, I posted a thing over in the diesel section to see what they say over there!

thanks for the welcoming!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Your very welcome,
If you change your mind and want to look at a 6.0. You can come on over for a get
together and bring some super glue and I take you for a test drive. I should have
my tuner this weekend from Gearhead Gearhead Automotive Performance
It's a SCT with custom tune by Matt. The guy on the phone said it will surprise me with
tire tracks if I push it. I had them disable the EGR table so that only leaves me with the
Kat and from what some guys have said the Kat keeps the drone down.

Sean
Old 01-30-2013, 11:30 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Welcome, welcome. I know absolutely nothing about diesels and don't know much about EFI systems but I can manage. I stick to the carbureted vehicles till i get more knowledge on other stuff. I have owned two carb'ed vehicles and one EFI pickup and still prefer a carb. Anywho, welcome to the club and as Sean mentioned, we do hold meets at least every month so if you feel like driving westward keep an eye out for the threads
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Freshman User

I have nothing against the 6.0, just the price tag that comes along with it! lol. You have the egr disabled, thats very cool, im sure thats the best thing for it!

Ill definantly keep an eye on the threads for the get togethers, I travel all over the state hunting for parts, and cars and what not, just your typical 'murican! haha. But first, I have to get another truck
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 AM
Posting Guru

crash1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.crash1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
welcome to the WFTE
97 f350 crewcab 1ton dually flat bed ,120 IDM ,3" dp ,5" strait pipe,6637 air cleaner powerstroke 4x4 5speed conversion
email info@monstertruckrentals.com
Old 01-31-2013, 04:13 AM
Post Fiend

If you know what to look for sometimes a guy will trying to off a 6.0
for cheep and the problem could be as simple as a SCT fitting or the stand pipes and
dummy plugs. Yes it a bit of work but once done..........

Sean
Old 01-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash1 View Post
welcome to the WFTE
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
If you know what to look for sometimes a guy will trying to off a 6.0
for cheep and the problem could be as simple as a SCT fitting or the stand pipes and
dummy plugs. Yes it a bit of work but once done..........

Sean
Good point, I have seen that in the past
Old 02-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Freshman User

pchighboy75 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome Jeremiah. How "central" are you? I've been a member here a couple years, but just recently started posting. Spent a lot of time just searching and reading. As you probably already know, this is an awesome resource for anything Ford Truck.... an absolute WEALTH of knowledge here. I'm an old school Ford guy that grew up Puget Sound, but now enjoy country living on the east side.

Good luck on your search. I'm always on the hunt for F's and SD's. If I knew your preferences, I'd be glad to keep an eye open for you E.WA or N.ID.
2001 Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0 with the works.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchighboy75 View Post
Welcome Jeremiah. How "central" are you? I've been a member here a couple years, but just recently started posting. Spent a lot of time just searching and reading. As you probably already know, this is an awesome resource for anything Ford Truck.... an absolute WEALTH of knowledge here. I'm an old school Ford guy that grew up Puget Sound, but now enjoy country living on the east side.

Good luck on your search. I'm always on the hunt for F's and SD's. If I knew your preferences, I'd be glad to keep an eye open for you E.WA or N.ID.
Im smack dab in the middle of the state, Ellensburg Washington! haha. I had to refer to this site a couple times when I was doing my EFI swap on my 77 that I just sold. It is a wealth of knowledge.

I would really like an extended cab manual trans 4x4 diesel ford if you see one, im lookin for one on the cheap!

And of course like everyone else, I would love a dent side crew cab 4x4,

I used to have a 77 crew cab, But I brought it with me when I came over from the coast of oregon, the thing was just so badly rusted and beat up, I used what was left to build my yellow truck, then sold the rest. found out later the guy went bankrupt and he had a ton of cars that all got sold and squashed, found out later my truck had gotten squashed too when I found my old 400m in the wrecking yard!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Posting Guru

jgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to all
Jameson Gavac jagg007
Welcome!

I don't know if they ever made the crew cab dents in 4wd configuration.. I could be wrong.

As far as a diesel, I would recommend a idi. Much less to break on them than a 6.0, and you can cheaply and easily fix them. Just my $0.02

Jameson
Old 02-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgavac View Post
Welcome!

I don't know if they ever made the crew cab dents in 4wd configuration.. I could be wrong.

As far as a diesel, I would recommend a idi. Much less to break on them than a 6.0, and you can cheaply and easily fix them. Just my $0.02

Jameson

I have been on the lookout for an idi, just waiting for one to come along that meets my criteria, i would really like a turbo 5 speed extended cab around 88 vintage. with a turbo, but if it doesnt have a turbo, no biggie, can always put one on.

let me know if you see something!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Posting Guru

jgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to all
Jameson Gavac jagg007
Sounds like you're looking for what I have 87 F250 super cab 6.9 with zf5

Keep in mind that the IDI's didn't come from the factory with a turbo. Are you looking for 2 or 4wd truck? And what's your price range? I see them all the time on CL for the west side.

Jameson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIO Silver View Post
Thanks for the myopic criticism Montana. You're bundle of joy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77&79F250 View Post
Whiskey does not agree with me, and Mr. Daniels is always getting me in trouble
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgavac View Post
Sounds like you're looking for what I have 87 F250 super cab 6.9 with zf5

Keep in mind that the IDI's didn't come from the factory with a turbo. Are you looking for 2 or 4wd truck? And what's your price range? I see them all the time on CL for the west side.

Jameson
4wd for sure, cant have a 2wd in Ellensburg, My price range, Im wanting to spend around 1500 because I see them pop up from time to time for that much, and I dont NEED one, I just want one. I can still pull a trailer with a gas truck, just not as well. I just missed 1 for 1600 that I liked, but wasnt extended cab. If I can find one non turbo that would work, I would just try to pick up a used turbo kit from a FTE member somewhere. Keep an eye out for me!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter