Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Posting Guru

housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.
The diagrams are the same. I just double checked them. Yes, for his year, there is no relay. That came with the 2004/2005 years.

If you look, the Multifunction switch does the switching for the high beam. On the diagram of the headlights, page 85-2, please notice that the symbol shows two elements on each light with a common ground. one left and one right.

Bion
2005 EXCURSION now called "ZOMBIE CRUSHER" by the kids. XLT V10 Silver More mods than I want to think about.... (see my gallery)
Ford Towing Guides click here Ford Owners Manuals Click here
Watch out for the Zombies.....
Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 AM
New User

dessmo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you guys, your information and advise is highly appreciated.
I will study the schematics to see if I can understand how the current is flowing. My initial thought is that there must be a different power source/wireing for the flash function than for running high beam. That could explain why the flash function is OK, but not normal high beam light.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Post Fiend

rla2005 is a splendid one to beholdrla2005 is a splendid one to beholdrla2005 is a splendid one to beholdrla2005 is a splendid one to beholdrla2005 is a splendid one to beholdrla2005 is a splendid one to beholdrla2005 is a splendid one to behold
Terminal 12: High Beam Gray/Orange wire
Terminal 13: Low Beam Red/Black wire
Terminal 15: Main Power for Low/High Beam Red/Yellow wire
Terminal 196: Power for Flash Function Dark Blue/Orange wire

Fuse 10 supplies power to Terminals 196 and 15 (Flash/Low/High Beam)

Please refer to the Testing Procedure and drawing on the left side of this diagram:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:21 PM