Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Freshman User

smoio21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi flow cats and super 10?

I have a 01 King Ranch and im trying to find the right exhaust. I've had no muffler to glass packs, to the pypes violator and a bunch of other stuff.....Currently i have the factory system but instead of the muffler i replaced it with just pipe.....I would like to know what you guys think of taking out the 4 cats and replacing them with 2 high flow flowmaster cats, then have them go to a flowmaster super 10 series muffler with a single inlet and dual outlet where the tips come out behind the rear tires??....What do you guys think? i want it to really roar but still have a nice tone....are there any cats flowmaster makes that are better for performance vs. sound? or any other company? Any advice would really help....and i dont want to shy away from sound, i drove around with no muffler and the pipe coming out underneath the passenger seat for 3 months. Thanks

also i have the 5.4, 4wd
Old 05-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Postmaster

Bluegrass 7 has a good reputation on FTE.Bluegrass 7 has a good reputation on FTE.
Me thinks your a brick short of a full load!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass 7 View Post
Me thinks your a brick short of a full load!

Hahaha be that as it may, do you have suggestions aside from poking fun at me? hahaha
130 views and 1 reply already has me disappointed
Old 05-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Senior User

Tex1986 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I do not mean to sound rude or disrespectful, this exact question was asked within the last week or two with a whole series of replies. It is inadvisable to remove the cats due to the engine management system is setup. There is no power gain, only a noise factor to be obtained. Flowmasters seem to be the majority choice from what I've seen. But do some searching on her and see what ya come up with
Old 05-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1986 View Post
I do not mean to sound rude or disrespectful, this exact question was asked within the last week or two with a whole series of replies. It is inadvisable to remove the cats due to the engine management system is setup. There is no power gain, only a noise factor to be obtained. Flowmasters seem to be the majority choice from what I've seen. But do some searching on her and see what ya come up with

Not rude at all....I'd rather get this response then sitting here waiting for nothing. thanks a lot, i"ll look now
Old 05-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Elder User

00GT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoio21 View Post
Not rude at all....I'd rather get this response then sitting here waiting for nothing. thanks a lot, i"ll look now

Look on YouTube man. There's all sorts of F150's with Flowmasters and cats removed on there. There's a gray 01 screw on there that has all cats removed and flowmasters dumped at the rear axle. Sounds pretty good.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Elder User

enriched&beyound is starting off with a positive reputation.
IF you replace the factory set up of 4 cats ( 2 each side) with 2 cats (1 each side) that are of good quality & retain the down stream O2 sensor factory placement...then you should be OK with no issues with the CEL coming on due to lean run condition. keep the pipe size either 2-1/4 -2-1/2 dia and bottom end torque loss will be minimal

as to what mufflers you wish to put on down stream from there is your choice...just be warned that flowmasters tend to drone inside the cab ....but that doesn't seem like a issue for you now...just might be a few months down the road.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by enriched&beyound View Post
IF you replace the factory set up of 4 cats ( 2 each side) with 2 cats (1 each side) that are of good quality & retain the down stream O2 sensor factory placement...then you should be OK with no issues with the CEL coming on due to lean run condition. keep the pipe size either 2-1/4 -2-1/2 dia and bottom end torque loss will be minimal

as to what mufflers you wish to put on down stream from there is your choice...just be warned that flowmasters tend to drone inside the cab ....but that doesn't seem like a issue for you now...just might be a few months down the road.

Nice, i think im gonna start looking around....i'm starting to think magna flow or pypes cats...is there a major difference in the companies? and what model of cats do you think? i would love the sound but im not opposed to an mpg or 2
Old 05-11-2012, 09:31 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150

Tags
10, 66, cats, diesel, f150, flowmaster, ford, gain, kit, mpg, raptor, super, transmission, truck, won