Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Senior User

chamblizi is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rough idle After Techron additive?

Hey i have a idle issue now, Vehicle was running fine the other day after the techron it stopped the booting now its a rough idle after sitting over night.

No shuddering at regular speeds just idles funky at lights now.

I can pull the PCV valve and it runs fine i put it back and it makes the rough idle.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:58 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Maybe a gummed up PVC valve? I don't know if that can happen or how to clean it but i imagine some WD40 or brake cleaner should do the trick. But i would get better confirmation before hand.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 05-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
Maybe a gummed up PVC valve? I don't know if that can happen or how to clean it but i imagine some WD40 or brake cleaner should do the trick. But i would get better confirmation before hand.

i also re adjusted the carb because it was flooding... it sits at perfect idle now in park and neutral i just gotta get my my idle right for drive reverse 1 and 2 it sits right on the mark of good in poor between the two.

Its doing pretty good so far i just gotta make make minor adjustments i think the watery gas jacked everything up then the techron cleaned it out to much.. which is why the carb had to be re adjusted
Old 05-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Freshman User

parts4me is starting off with a positive reputation.
This is a very very very slim chance, but the underside inside your valve cover where the valve connects might be plugged within. Since when removing my valve it makes mine run rough because the flow is not completed. If it was clogged on the inside then it would block the flow and result in it not needing to be connected. Like I said though, very slim chance of that.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by parts4me View Post
This is a very very very slim chance, but the underside inside your valve cover where the valve connects might be plugged within. Since when removing my valve it makes mine run rough because the flow is not completed. If it was clogged on the inside then it would block the flow and result in it not needing to be connected. Like I said though, very slim chance of that.
please re explain that, i did not catch the just of whats going on.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:35 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
I think he means the under side of the PVC maybe. There might be a filter of sorts.

Washington Member Map
Old 05-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Amatuer Restorer

gfw1985 is a name known to allgfw1985 is a name known to allgfw1985 is a name known to allgfw1985 is a name known to allgfw1985 is a name known to allgfw1985 is a name known to all
Buy a new PCV valve and readjust carb with a vacuum gauge. If it's a 2v carb w/EGR spacer plate, they are bad about getting clogged or corroding on bottom side of plate. Just adding things to look for.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfw1985 View Post
Buy a new PCV valve and readjust carb with a vacuum gauge. If it's a 2v carb w/EGR spacer plate, they are bad about getting clogged or corroding on bottom side of plate. Just adding things to look for.

my pcv valve is under a year old... and i got flow coming thru it freely

Also My carb is a Edlebrock 650 cfm carb.
btw

i added some more fuel system stabilizer stuff and its rraised to normal ranges a slight bit.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Maybe you just knocked a bunch of crap into the gas and it needs to be run through...

Washington Member Map
Old 05-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
Maybe you just knocked a bunch of crap into the gas and it needs to be run through...

Ive ran thru 2 half tanks of gas..... and brought high quality gas.It is also sucking up more gas then before I won't let it sit and go to waste when i can get money back and have a new ride.

almost 300k mileage and and the engine is 40 years old and the prior owner did not take care of it it was bound to fail. When i pulled the spark plugs last year what i saw was horrifying. I did not pay one cent for the ranchero i did flat trade for it last year. come to find out my pickup truck lasted longer then the chero.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:14 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Sucks to hear but sometimes you can't avoid it. I'm sure if you were really dedicated, a good rebuild of the motor would fix most of the issues but that takes a lot of time and money. If you can trade straight up for something else it might be a better choice.

Washington Member Map
Old 05-07-2012, 08:14 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline

Tags
1978, 2012, 427, additive, additives, chevy, ford, idle, pcv, raptor, rough, sale, techron, truck, valve