6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Rancho My Ride - how often does your pump run?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 12:59 PM
KC8QVO
Cargo Master
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Rancho My Ride - how often does your pump run?

When I installed my Rancho My Ride system a while back the pump would "pulse" all the time - I figured I had a leak and really haven't used the system much, I just kept it off. So I did the soapy water method this afternoon to locate the leak. I went through every connection and found it - left rear shock connection.

I re-cut the line and dipped it in clean oil and that worked. No more leak.

Now, the pump doesn't seem to run as hard as it did before. However, it will "pulse" every 10-15 seconds. Some pulses are very quick blips and others it will be closer to a whole second of pump time. Those timings are with the MyRide setting on 9's front and rear.

My question is - those of you that have the My Ride system - what are your pump run times? What is the period of time between pulses and how long are the pulses? I would like to see how out-of-whack my system is Or if it is even goofy. It seems to me that the pump just runs too much though.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Michael53
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY pump runs every time at startup - runs a second, pauses, then runs 1-2 seconds. Doesn't seem to run any more after that. Even if I turn the key on, it does this little routine and I turn the key off then on again, it does it again. The same routine everytime. It does not run again unless I change the shock settings or turn teh key off. Others have told me theirs does not run at startup so I must have a leak. But I've teted for leaks twice now and cannot find a leak anywhere. So I have accepted this as normal for my pump. But I'm still not certain.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Dr. T
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My pump only runs when I change the settings. At first it cycled every few minutes till I found the leaks. The only issue I have now is quite often I have to reset the connection between the remote and the control module.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 PM
KC8QVO
Cargo Master
Thanks for the information. That means I must have an issue somewhere still.

Although, I noticed today that the pump runs a heck of a lot less than it used to. When it runs its a quick blip now. I did not time how long it was between the blips, but whatever I did to it seems to have helped a lot.

Did either of you do anything special to seat the hoses at first? or did you just plug the hoses in and it was good to go?

I just plugged the hoses in. Though, the leaking connection I dipped the hose in oil first. Maybe I should pop all the connections off and try that just to see if the oil all the way around will do the trick.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Dr. T
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My leaks were at the shock adapters. I reseated them with lithium grease on the o-rings instead of oil and that did the trick. I did dip the hoses in oil before seating them and those connections have been fine.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:17 PM
KC8QVO
Cargo Master
I got a bit of thick grease today, I forget what kind it is, but it is green colored. I am going to go over all the connections and re-cut the hoses then put some of this grease on them before seating them. Hopefully that does the trick.

My pump/compressor hasn't been running a whole lot the past couple days. I don't know what the deal was after I sealed the one leaking connection. It must have tightened up somehow because I only occasionally get a blip pulse now - maybe once every minute. From what others say, that's still too often. I will post back after I see how well the grease does.