Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Freshman User

hansen is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wrench symbol

What does the wrench symbol mean when it comes up on the dash?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Senior User

Ronin 5729 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Could be a zillion different things...you might wanna go to an AutoZone and have them read the code for you and tell you what it is. They may not be able to clear it (the DTC/Diagnostic Trouble Code), but it might give you an idea of what's going on. Nothing to panic about, yet...but I wouldn't wait on it. Be advised that it might be cleared by a couple of key cycles, but that doesn't mean you don't have a problem and it's gone away...

Your dealer can of course help you out, and nothing against them, but it might be a good idea to go in there already having a handle on what the problem is; they'll know how to fix it!

Good luck!
'10 F250 CC/SB FX4 530 HP/1047 Torque (Gearhead Street Tune), lowered/LEVELED, aFe Stage II Si intake, Spartan CAC pipe, powerstroker67 DPF-delete & ceramic coated downpipe, MBRP Cool Duals, AMSOIL oil bypass, DieselSite coolant bypass, PowerStroke Connection CCV kit, Fumoto oil drain valve, PAC Navigation Unlock Interface, Edge CTS, Boston Acoustic SE85s (front & rear), Kicker Solo-Baric L5 12-inch sub with Kenwood KAC-9105C amp, Retro-Solutions 55W Digital 6K HID Headlights & 3K Fog Lights
Old 03-28-2012, 08:06 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
sometimes an EGR position sensor will throw the code...along with a million other reasons.

Subscribing.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Senior User

DynamoDale is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansen View Post
What does the wrench symbol mean when it comes up on the dash?
This happened to me last fall it was idling when hooking up to 5th wheel and jumped back in and see the wrench symbol and my truck started to idled real ruff I didn't know what to do so I shut it off and restarted it and symbol went away and idled normal took it to the dealer and said if happens again bring it back in....They couldn't tell me nothing without wench symbol showing.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:53 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoDale View Post
This happened to me last fall it was idling when hooking up to 5th wheel and jumped back in and see the wrench symbol and my truck started to idled real ruff I didn't know what to do so I shut it off and restarted it and symbol went away and idled normal took it to the dealer and said if happens again bring it back in....They couldn't tell me nothing without wench symbol showing.
It was stuck.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 04-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Senior User

DynamoDale is starting off with a positive reputation.
I really don't know but when it was showing on the dash the truck sounded like it was running on 2 cyl or 1 injector.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:02 AM