6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

rebuilt injectors ... yes or no

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 02:38 PM
catman52987
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rebuilt injectors ... yes or no

So i have been getting some injector codes and ive decided its time to do some injector work. the codes are saying that only injector 3 and 5 are bad. i dont have a problem buying the 2 injectors that are bad, but ive been looking into having my injectors rebuilt. Having mine redone would be about the same price as buying two and thats why im considering it. the shop i was thinking about using is Warren diesel in Pa. all they do are 6.0 injectors. Have any of you had any experience with rebuilt injectors or maby know anyone that is good at rebuilding them? im just trying to get some more info before i make a decision and i highly respect the opinions on this site. thanks for all the advice in advance !

thanks,
stephen

Old 01-26-2012, 03:14 PM
hubler13f
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Never heard of them, but they are 2 hours away from me so I think I'll check them out.

Edit: From everything I hear Casserly has the best injectors, but I understand they are somewhat pricey, Are you staying stock or upgrading?

Edit to the Edit: Just read your post again and realized your staying stock and wanting to Replace/Rebuild the two

Old 01-26-2012, 03:19 PM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've heard nothing but good about Warren injectors. I think he's right up there with Casserly.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:22 PM
rdunagan
Posting Guru
little bro has a set of them. just put them in actually. TOP TOP TOP notch work! nothing but good things to say about him! send your injectors to him and dont look back!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:13 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by cartmanea
I've heard nothing but good about Warren injectors. I think he's right up there with Casserly.
HA HA......that's funny. Saying that is like saying he's right up there with Ford since Casserly doesn't rebuild injectors. He modifies NEW REMAN Motorcraft injectors.

Oh.......and I'll put my answer in about rebuilt injectors: HELL NO Not worth the time, effort, or money to use ANYTHING but Motorcraft injectors if you're going stock. You're only cheating yourself and your truck.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:15 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Lets think about this: What is the MOST common failure/complaint about 6.0 injectors?

Old 01-26-2012, 06:28 PM
High Binder
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New injectors are worth the hassle you're going to go through to install them as you only want to be in there once.

Buy once, cry once...

Old 01-26-2012, 06:54 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all stock inj. for the 6.0 are now rebuilt.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 PM
High Binder
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 69cj
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all stock inj. for the 6.0 are now rebuilt.

I could be wrong too, but I was under the impression that Motorcraft injectors were new and have a 12mo warranty.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:17 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Originally Posted by 69cj
They are but there are definite differences in Motorcraft reman's and rebuilts, with the major difference being that Ford uses NEW spool valves that other rebuilders do NOT have access to.

https://www.powerstrokediesel.com/do...Comparison.pdf

Old 01-26-2012, 07:24 PM
High Binder
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
They are but there are definite differences in Motorcraft reman's and rebuilts, with the major difference being that Ford uses NEW spool valves that other rebuilders do NOT have access to.

https://www.powerstrokediesel.com/do...Comparison.pdf

That is a major and well worth the price difference!

Old 01-26-2012, 11:37 PM
rdunagan
Posting Guru
while you guys are correct on that jessie warren takes apart the spool valve and cleans them super super well! from what i have heard he has a trick to avoid the stiction with the injectors and so far i havent heard of a bad one yet. I know everyone says go ford injectors but i think jessie is making one heck of a run for doing these remans and not having any problems. honestly i dont think swapping injectors is that bad of a job. no i dont wanna go in there 5 times a year or even every year but its really not that hard. with ford being remans now and jessie doing the same thing except making sure the spool valve is completely clean and the injector works flawlessly before it leaves his shop i would think that for the price its kinda hard not to take that risk. at 200+ for an injector from ford or 500 for all 8 through jessie its almost a no brainer

Old 01-27-2012, 07:55 AM
florida_1959
Senior User
500.00 for all 8 injectors? Doesnt sound possible. I looked for information On Casserly injectors and there is nothing even close that they list. If someone has a contact for them, or a listing for them at that price I would be very interested in it as I am tired of battling stiction. From what I could search out they are more in line with OEM for their injectors. Anyone have a contact?
Thanks

Old 01-27-2012, 08:07 AM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Received 2,492 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Originally Posted by rdunagan
while you guys are correct on that jessie warren takes apart the spool valve and cleans them super super well! from what i have heard he has a trick to avoid the stiction with the injectors and so far i havent heard of a bad one yet. I know everyone says go ford injectors but i think jessie is making one heck of a run for doing these remans and not having any problems. honestly i dont think swapping injectors is that bad of a job. no i dont wanna go in there 5 times a year or even every year but its really not that hard. with ford being remans now and jessie doing the same thing except making sure the spool valve is completely clean and the injector works flawlessly before it leaves his shop i would think that for the price its kinda hard not to take that risk. at 200+ for an injector from ford or 500 for all 8 through jessie its almost a no brainer
How long has jessie warren been rebuilding 6.0L injectors?

IIRC you are a distributor?

Old 01-27-2012, 08:13 AM
florida_1959
Senior User
I was incorrect on the price, Casserly does not offer the 500.00 deal. It is Warren. I did look on the site, but it appears that it is not a "rebuild" but more of a modification as I read it. Does anyone have any idea exactly what he does? Is there anything done to eliminate or correct an injector that has stiction issues.

Quick Reply: rebuilt injectors ... yes or no