6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Old 11-19-2014, 06:22 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Fuel System Guides
Print Wikipost

Fuel system problems, warranty possibly denied

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
NinerBikes
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darren32
Question.

I think most of us (including myself) agree that water did not cause Rick HPFP failure. Ford says it did. At that point it's all fine and good. Then you file a claim with your insurance company and say that "fuel contaminated with water" caused the damage.

Who is liable for the fraud that has been committed against the insurance company?

Thanks
Ford, all the owner has is hearsay evidence, unless Ford writes it up on the work order, and the owner submits it to the insurance company.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:34 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darren32
Question.

I think most of us (including myself) agree that water did not cause Rick HPFP failure. Ford says it did. At that point it's all fine and good. Then you file a claim with your insurance company and say that "fuel contaminated with water" caused the damage.

Who is liable for the fraud that has been committed against the insurance company?

Thanks
This was brought up before. The insurance company recognizes Ford as the expert in this regard. Ford says "WIF, source unknown". Owner files claim, adjuster comes out and looks at truck and reads Ford's report. Claim is approved..No fraud on owners part...and the owner discussed this at length with the insurance company.

Ninerbike has it right. Ford did not test or analyze any parts or the fuel sample. Blanket denial. If the insurance company wanted to pursue the issue...it would be Ford's responsibility to defend their decision...to my knowledge, this did not happen...

...now about the Nestle water bottle with an ounce of water in it...that may be a different fraud question....

Regards

Old 02-02-2012, 08:59 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by rickatic
This was brought up before. The insurance company recognizes Ford as the expert in this regard. Ford says "WIF, source unknown". Owner files claim, adjuster comes out and looks at truck and reads Ford's report. Claim is approved..No fraud on owners part...and the owner discussed this at length with the insurance company.

Ninerbike has it right. Ford did not test or analyze any parts or the fuel sample. Blanket denial. If the insurance company wanted to pursue the issue...it would be Ford's responsibility to defend their decision...to my knowledge, this did not happen...

...now about the Nestle water bottle with an ounce of water in it...that may be a different fraud question....

Regards
Thanks, sorry, didn't know it had been covered. I have been trying to stay the heck out of this whole HPFP thing until very recently.....