Sponsored by:

Vendor Praise

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:06 AM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up Vendor Praise

I don't think they are on the site as a supporter or anything, but I have to throw these guys some props. If this isn't appropriate for the forum or if I've posted in the wrong place, apologies in advance!

I purchased a GPS mount from a company called Kuda USA for my 2000 Excursion. LOVE the mount (no drilling, made to the exact curve of the dash, finished in leather, and it's crazy sturdy).

That gap in the back was before I crimped the back...now it sits completely flush:

I decided to order one for my father-in-law for his 07 Corolla for Christmas. Placed the order for the base figuring I'd add the proper GPS adapter once he confirmed his model.

Something happened with the order and it shipped 2 days later than it should have. The company tried to call me to ask what type of adapter to add as compensation for the order taking longer than it should. I was on duty and couldn't get to them before they closed, so they threw in a free cell phone holder.

That day before that call, my father-in-law rear ended a Sequoia in his Corolla. I immediately thought it was going to be written off and e-mailed the company to tell them I may need to change the order (to whatever car he got as a replacement).

I got hold of the rep and he said there would be no problem returning the mount and exchanging it, and I said I'd try to track down what model of GPS he had so I could send the phone adapter back for an exchange.

The insurance adjuster confirmed it wasn't a total loss and that it would be fixed in about a week and a half. I contacted the company and told them the news and left them a message of what adapter I needed for the GPS and asked how they wanted to handle the return of the phone adapter.

They sent the GPS adapter ($30+) for free and told me to keep the phone adapter (another $20+) as well.

Keep in mind, I only paid for the base, and because they were a day and a half late on the shipping they gave me a $20+ accessory AND a $30+ accessory just because.

The last 4 times I went to my local McD's to get a quick lunch, they messed up my order all 4 times.

I thought this was so rare I should share it with you guys who appreciate good service.

IF you need a cell, GPS or some other mount (iPod, etc.), I can give some serious reps to Kuda (KUDA USA, INC. - KUDA® car custom OEM leather mounts for mobile electronics).