Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Broken fuel filter fitting fixed the right way. Better than stock!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 01:34 PM
knightrider955
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broken fuel filter fitting fixed the right way. Better than stock!!

So I decided to change my fuel filter today since the weather was nice. I already had the tool for removing the fitting on the exit end of the filter. That came off no problem. However the fitting on the other end was a pain. Its got a little blue clip that needs to slide out in order to remove it from the filter. Needless to say while I was trying to remove the clip, I ended up breaking the fitting. That plastic fitting is only prees fit into the rubber fuel line so I just called the Ford dealership to order another one. I was told that I cant just order the fitting, I have to order the whole fuel hose from the tank to the filter, 250 dollars. Not gonna happen. So I went to NAPA and to my suprise after digging through their box of fittings, I found one that would work. And to make it even better, theres no tools required for removing it from the filter. Its a quick disonnect. So it will be fast and easy the next time I change my filter. 9 dollers! Im pretty happy. I took pictures and wanted to do a write up but since I cant figure out how to get my pictures on here I guess I cant. But anyways just thought I would let everyone know. NAPA part#730-4926. And it stainless steel not plastic like the one from the factory.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:55 PM
ak-angler
Tuned
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Gotta love that. Good on ya for finding a solution. Reps sent for posting the fix.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Fishing_Uncle
Senior User
Thanks for the info, I was actually searching for info on the filter for a 2000 v10 so this may help when I have mine done.

Does anyone know what year they changed the connectors off hand?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:57 AM
knightrider955
Senior User
Originally Posted by Fishing_Uncle
Thanks for the info, I was actually searching for info on the filter for a 2000 v10 so this may help when I have mine done.

Does anyone know what year they changed the connectors off hand?

I believe your truck will have the same connectors as my did. Your gonna need the special tool for the front filter fitting and the theres just a little blue clip your gonna heve to pop out on the rear fitting but be carefull not to break it. Then the filter itself just pops out of the holder. I let my truck sit over night so there wasnt any pressure in the lines. I didnt feel like getting sprayed with gas lol.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:28 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Send me a PM with your email address in it. I will email you, and then reply back with the pictures attached. I will put them up for you, and reply back with the codes you can use in this thread to show the pics.

Originally Posted by knightrider955
So I decided to change my fuel filter today since the weather was nice. I already had the tool for removing the fitting on the exit end of the filter. That came off no problem. However the fitting on the other end was a pain. Its got a little blue clip that needs to slide out in order to remove it from the filter. Needless to say while I was trying to remove the clip, I ended up breaking the fitting. That plastic fitting is only prees fit into the rubber fuel line so I just called the Ford dealership to order another one. I was told that I cant just order the fitting, I have to order the whole fuel hose from the tank to the filter, 250 dollars. Not gonna happen. So I went to NAPA and to my suprise after digging through their box of fittings, I found one that would work. And to make it even better, theres no tools required for removing it from the filter. Its a quick disonnect. So it will be fast and easy the next time I change my filter. 9 dollers! Im pretty happy. I took pictures and wanted to do a write up but since I cant figure out how to get my pictures on here I guess I cant. But anyways just thought I would let everyone know. NAPA part#730-4926. And it stainless steel not plastic like the one from the factory.