Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Posting Guru

Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.
Nevermind. lol Nate's got ya covered

Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Post Fiend

DIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to all
Yeah I got him Alex, but you're right. If you have more in depth questions, you're better off starting your own thread than trying to get a lot of answers and posting in a sticky.

1997 F-350 7.3 PSD, 4x4, CCLB SRW, 3.55's, ZF5
If it isn't under warranty, I'll fix it myself.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Louisiana Chapter LDR

fordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud of
Tube tuning is great fir a modded truck but for a mostly stock custom tunes would do very well.

Nate Travis is lived tuned by TW
96 F350 CC ZF5 53k with grandpas package
Louisiana FTE Member Map
Old 02-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Post Fiend

strokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to behold
Yep, I'm live tuned by Tony Wildman... Drivability went up, smoke went down, and a little more power came out of it even though I have the stock turbo and don't have enough air.
Travis- Death Row Diesel Inmate #7
1995 F-250 RC PSD- because race truck
2000 F-250 SC LB 4x4 ZF6- 4" TB, 6637, TW and Gearhead tunes, 160/100s, Driven Diesel full fuel system, S365..
1994 F-150 4x4

Old 02-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Post Fiend

DIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to all
I stand corrected.

1997 F-350 7.3 PSD, 4x4, CCLB SRW, 3.55's, ZF5
If it isn't under warranty, I'll fix it myself.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:07 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic View Post
I stand corrected.

mehhh. i bet you were really sitting down, not standing.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Senior User

cornbinder is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic View Post
There are plenty of guys here with "custom" tunes, but not as many that have actually had their rigs "live" tuned by the tuners.

Neal has though and here is a really good read with the results:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...-page-3-a.html

I think Travis (strokin'_tatsch) is running TW live tunes as well, and hit truck runs really well. The problem for us here in the Midwest is that there aren't any of the heavy hitters in 7.3 tuning around here. BTW, I see you're right down the road from me in Jeromesville.
our farm is in jeromesville, i live in wooster. i bought a few parts off you. my name is pete my dad is the service manager at the the ford dealer in apple creek. i'll swing bye and show you my 97 crew cab srw 4x4 imported from colorado sometime. if i keep it it'll need some power upgrades we can discuss. after the usual bolt ons of course ,cai, d/p &exh.
allis chalmers 185-d w/cab
86 ford mustang 5.0 coupe
Old 03-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Junior User

Potlicker David is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry for the possible simpleton question but does any tuner that plugs into the obd2 port fall into the category with edge with the possibility of killing the pcm
Old 03-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Louisiana Chapter LDR

fordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud of
No. I ran a superchip 1705 for a few years with no issue.

I can't think of any programmer that you can get custom tunes on. You'd be better of with a chip.
96 F350 CC ZF5 53k with grandpas package
Louisiana FTE Member Map
Old 03-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Postmaster

madpogue has a very good reputation on FTE.madpogue has a very good reputation on FTE.madpogue has a very good reputation on FTE.madpogue has a very good reputation on FTE.
If it plugs in and modifies your PCM programming, then it's capable of rendering it inop. If it simply "piggybacks" off the existing PCM programming, and the PCM remains stock and reverts to stock when you remove it, you're safe.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Junior User

Potlicker David is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oh ok that makes sense. Will that be easy to tell for a description or will it require some digging to find out?
Old 03-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Posting Guru

mjunk1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mjunk1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
@gadsdenfree
I don't like this thread!!

I bought my truck with an Edge already in it and it runs great. I am hoping to buy a DP this summer but every time this thread comes up I pucker a little and say a little prayer that nothing happens until I can afford to make the switch. I suppose pulling the Edge program back out is a possible risk, right? It will leave it blank?

No,,, don't answer that... just let me go on in my bliss.

Dan
1996 F350 XLT CCLB 7.3 PSD, 3" RSK lift, 6637, DP to straight exhaust, Edge Evolution (soon to be removed), 33's, TransGo Tugger kit, IH water pump, Beans eFuel..... next up ->Stage 1's, SD HPOP and DP Infinity
1990 Harley Davidson FLTHCU "beater bagger"
Old 03-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Posting Guru

FI460 has a very good reputation on FTE.FI460 has a very good reputation on FTE.FI460 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I think the problem arises when you frequently change the tune/reflash the pcm
Old 11-23-2013, 12:28 PM
New User

brian 97 250 diesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
1997 f250 diesel ps std 4x4 with edge programmer

Hey guys I bought my truck with an edge chip programmer already in it. the previous owner said he never used it but I started to to get some more power. Lately i have been having brutal power problems with the truck and now my codes are cleared up and only coming up with one which is pcm processor keep alive memory (KAM) error.. I am assuming the edge has messed up my computer the way the truck is driving like ****.. what are the chances of spending the few hundred bucks to get the dealer to re flash the pcm and that working. apposed to needing to buy a new one.

suggestions?
Thanks!!!
Old 11-23-2013, 12:28 PM