Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Postmaster

timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.
timmyboy76 seadooya
WVO for me

GUYS!!, I just scored on a greasecar kit.., however, am not stoked, on th locatiuon/setup of the kit. Do not like the fact of relocating the fuel pump, along with, hanging a coiled covered filter, off the alternator housing. Makes the engine bay, WAY to busy, plus, living in CA, think i might have issues, when it comes to smogging it (visual side).

Anyway, i want to use some of the units from the kit...tank, sv100 valves (for purging if possible), coiled filter, but locating it under truck,..etc. SkiSkyJason, has an AWESOME setup on his EX, and from doing ALOT of researching, thats the "design" i'd like to go for....using the CV's on the heads, plumbing the VO lines into the ports, where my FRx is currently located. I read where the RAPTOR 100 fuel pump, has a built in regulator, which will be perfect for me.

I want to run a "seperate" fuel system with the WVO. "rotozuk", also has an awesome DIY wvo kit, also he posted all the fitings needed. SO, McMasterr-Carr will be getting an order soon. One thing that still i cant figure on how it works, is the purge valve, is it necessary. Cant you install the "return" to pre-filter/pump, or not have a return at all.

Guys, thanks for any/all info, STOKED to start this project...

Apologize to post another "forum", but the pics are great, if someone/s is interested in a diy kit...
http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...0-f250-201051/
TIM...PAA#113....plenums inserts, hpx, frx, 50 cent, gauges, trans-coolant-oil DIY by-pass systems, H/H mod, DIY WVO system..190k and counting
Old 11-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Senior User

TxFordGuy is starting off with a positive reputation.
check out this 1999-2002 7.3 PSD - WVO Designs Wiki

explains how the system you are talking about works. very simple and cheap to build
Old 12-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Elder User

kirkharrod has a good reputation on FTE.kirkharrod has a good reputation on FTE.
I have run the stock greasecar kit, with only the addition of a flat plate heat exchanger for 3 years and 75,000 miles with no problems whatsoever.
2002 F-250 Super Cab, 295,000 miles, 95,000 on WVO; Greasecar conversion, 20 plate heat exchanger, AIH delete-water injection in its place, DIY stock fuel bowl delete, 6637 air filter w/ Pete's cover, Straight Piped, GPR LED mod, CAT ELC, 203* thermostat, Bosch auxiliary coolant pump, ext coolant filter, fumoto oil drain valve, Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge, ISSPro trans temp, boost, EGT, elec fuel pressure gauges, Cyberdyne coolant, veg oil, ambient air temp gauges, 80W low beams/100W high beams. No major grease related problems.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Postmaster

timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.
timmyboy76 seadooya
Thanks guys.. I had to put the grease system on hold until after the holidays (needing the room in the bed). I decided to use parts from the kit, and build my own. Came out clean, i thought (pics in garage). Being in CA, i took the initiative to "hide" everything, consumed into a box, so when the time comes to SMOG, the system is pretty much a, plug-n-play design...remove it, take truck to get smogged, then return, and install it again. No sense in playing with fire, if it can be avoided..(not passing visual).
TIM...PAA#113....plenums inserts, hpx, frx, 50 cent, gauges, trans-coolant-oil DIY by-pass systems, H/H mod, DIY WVO system..190k and counting
Old 12-04-2011, 09:44 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
73, colorado, designs, f250, fuel, greasecar, idi, island, pump, raptor, rhode, sv100, truck, valves, wvo