Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2011, 02:40 AM
Senior User

n3up is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thoughts on Taurus X

What's your opinion of the Taurus X?

Long story short, my wife's Windstar failed state inspection last Friday due to rotted front subframe. It's at the dealer now waiting on a ruling from Ford, and based on what the service manager told me, it's likely to be bought back.
I've had no major problems with it in the 4 years or so we've owned it, except for having the transmission rebuilt last June. It had over a 100K miles on it then, so while I really didn't want to have to spend that money, 100K on a FWD trans seems reasonable to me. Things don't last forever.

The problem is we really can't afford another payment right now, and I don't expect to get more than maybe $4000 from Ford if we're lucky. Not what I consider acceptable by any means, but that's another arguement.....

My alternatives at this point are another Minivan, and in that market Dodge/Chrysler are the only ones that I can even remotely stand. The problem there is that I've only owned Fords my entire driving life, and even as pissed as I am at Ford right now, I can't quite bring myself to put a Mopar in my driveway. My daughter's Honda is bad enough.

When we were looking for the Windstar, the wife liked the Freestyle, but they were too much money at the time. We bought the Windstar used.

Checking out the Freestyle, I found lot's of horror stories about the CVT transmission, so the Freestyle is out of consideration.

I haven't found much bad news in the "X" so far.
A dealer near me has an 09 with about 63K miles that is at least near our budget.....

I'll have to move quickly.
84 Mustang GT (in pieces)

Doin' my part to keep Ford from going bankrupt!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Fortune Favors The Brave

kw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputation
The Taurus X IS a Freestyle....Rebadge.

Ford Taurus X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With that said, my brother had one as a company car. Liked it enough to buy it when the miles hit the corporate" trade" threashold. Still has it.
Book Of kw5413 Chapter 2014 verse 02:28

If I had it all to do over again...I would do it all, over again. Book Of kw5413 Chapter 2014 verse 3:04
Old 05-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Senior User

n3up is starting off with a positive reputation.
I knew that it's a rebadge of the Freestyle, actually that's why I am considering one, the wife actually liked the Freestyle.

It was the review saying the 3.0 V6 was way underpowered and consumer complaints about the CVT trans that concerned me.

The rebadge also got a different driveline, 6spd trans and 3.5 V6.

We're going to look at one this afternoon.
84 Mustang GT (in pieces)

Doin' my part to keep Ford from going bankrupt!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:06 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers

Tags
90, ford, forum, horror, issues, lorry, major, mn, pic, rims, stories, taurus, taurusx, tech, thunderbird