6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Lift kit review

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 10:15 PM
mikey350
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift kit review

I am thinking about possibly adding a 4 inch lift, rims, and tires for my 2011 F250. I am surprised on how cheap they are ($2500 bucks on average for a 6") but I found this RC564S 2011-2012 4WD F250 Super Duty 6 Inch Suspension Diesel and it seems different from the rest.

What would be the down falls to that lift?

One thing I noticed right away was no steady bearing drop block

Anyone experiencing problems with lifts on these trucks, what brands, and how high?

Never done or had a lifted truck so any advice/product suggestions for a first timer?

just looking for some steering in the right direction, not even sure on a good tire/rim size, I wont lie it will mostly be highway driving, but the odd offroad mud/snow situation nothing too terrible though, so no extreme grip tires. Be nice to keep 18" rims with larger tires if possible.

Thanks!

Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 AM
WildWildWest
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just don't plan on buying a fifth wheel trailer or you will have to go back to stock height in a hurry.

Never had a desire to lift my F350 due to this but do have a level kit and air bags so I ride 1" to 2" higher than stock as it is.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:24 AM
mikey350
Junior User
Originally Posted by WildWildWest
Just don't plan on buying a fifth wheel trailer or you will have to go back to stock height in a hurry.

Never had a desire to lift my F350 due to this but do have a level kit and air bags so I ride 1" to 2" higher than stock as it is.
That is the one thing, parents have a fifth wheel, but they are wanting to switch to a bumper pull, so that would be what I do as well.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:25 PM
dixoncity
Mountain Pass

Carli 4.5 Backcountry 2.0 Being installed

As we speak, my 2011 is in the shop getting the Cali 4.5 Backcountry system installed. I decided to upgrade the package by buying the full spring pack for the rear, which totally replaces the stock leaf springs and the stock blocks. Can't wait to check out the ride tomorrow.

Check out the new coil spring, it appears to be the same thickness as the stock spring (which was from a snow plow package), but obviously longer.

This is the new leaf spring set up. Notice no blocks

The kit is more expensive than the one you mentioned above, but I wanted to make sure I got an improved ride quality as well as the lift.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 PM
Fontana
Senior User
Check out Ready Lift. They make a good product.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
mikey350
Junior User
I saw an 11' 250 with 6" lift today and 20" good years with some nice rims so i snapped some video of it for reference later, but didnt catch the lift name. I may just dive in and spend the bucks on a good lift, man i love the look of them.

That ready lift isnt bad, the series 2 is cheaper than other brands still, around 1700-1800 bucks, but the series 3 is around $3400. What is the most popular brand that people go with on this forum out of curiosity?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Tjhunter-jeepman
Junior User
thinking the same thing

I am on the fence with level kits and lift kits, like a four inch height, but with bigger tires and four inch, cant get my truck into my garage, with a 2 1/5 level kit and 35 inch tires, its going to just make it, but love the four inch suspenion lift look, cant even sleep over making this crazy decision, which has been going on for quite some time, level kit is alot cheaper, just dont want to ruin my ride that i have now, got a set of pocket flares to install, but dont want my truck to look like a nerd wagon with out bigger tires or lift..lol

Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 PM
mikey350
Junior User
Originally Posted by Tjhunter-jeepman
I am on the fence with level kits and lift kits, like a four inch height, but with bigger tires and four inch, cant get my truck into my garage, with a 2 1/5 level kit and 35 inch tires, its going to just make it, but love the four inch suspenion lift look, cant even sleep over making this crazy decision, which has been going on for quite some time, level kit is alot cheaper, just dont want to ruin my ride that i have now, got a set of pocket flares to install, but dont want my truck to look like a nerd wagon with out bigger tires or lift..lol
thats another problem I am having, my truck barely fits into my garage in the city, and any underground parking I have found, but I am back to the farm in a month, so none of that will matter so much then.

plus forking out the money for a lift is bad enough, but then you want good tires/rims to go along with it too

How much does a 4-6" lift change the handling? Not too worried about the ride, I carry a large slip tank of fuel anyways, so keeps its nice and smooth, but steering wise?

what is the benefit to the new radius arms, instead of just lowering the stock ones, so many lifts/combos out there I am having trouble picking one I wont regret

Old 02-26-2013, 08:37 PM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wheels and tires and fender flares for me are going to be just over $4000, so I didn't want to spend that much on a full suspension replacement lift... I just went for a ReadyLift 69-2531 which is more of a level kit consisting of 3.5" front coil spacers, radius arm drop brackets, track bar drop, sway bar drop, shock extender, carrier bearing spacer, and 5" rear blocks and longer U-bolts. I'll run with the shock extenders until I buy longer shocks sometime later. Technically all lift kits are level kits, well, the ones I've seen anyway. I would prefer to keep at least a bit of rake on the vehicle for when it is loaded.

Sure, it would look the best with a full coil and leaf replacement rather than spacers and blocks, but that kind of setup can run around $3000 just for the lift part (including new shocks). Don't forget to extend the brake lines and any wiring too. The nicest kits also come with replacement radius arms, drop pitman arm, and an adjustable track bar. I've been pretty happy with the ride so I didn't need to go for a full suspension replacement, plus I don't know what the rating of the replacement parts are. It comes down to how much you want to spend on your truck, as usual.

I wasn't going to post any images until it was all done, but oh well it's on topic here lol. The 3.5" or 4" lifts are as far as I personally believe is practical. In my opinion, any more than that and the practicality of the truck is diminished. I work with guys with 8 or 10 inch lifts on their trucks and have to carry around milk crates just to reach the adjustment ***** on their engine driven welders or get to the toolbox and loading the truck pretty much requires a forklift. I feel that's going a bit too far at that point.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:17 PM
O&G
Junior User
I'd get a dual steering stabilizer kit with the lift as well. Not too pricy.