2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

It Has Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 06:15 PM
flumpydog
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It Has Arrived

I received a call from my dealer yesterday that my truck has finally arrived, I ordered the truck Oct. 2nd , so this was not too long of a wait. I took a drive to go se it as we were getting nailed with lots of snow and took it for a very short drive, what a tease lol . It is a 2019 F350 SRW Crew Cab 4x4 Platinum SB, with the FX4 package and a whole bunch of other options. I am replacing a 2016 Platinum Expedition, so this will be a big change in terms of seating availability and driving it. It will be a whole bunch better for towing our travel trailer and I can hardly wait for our first trip while towing. Everyone likes things a little different and I am still not sure about the painted black black bumpers, as I really like chrome. My son prefers the painted bumpers and told me, "dad, you cannot see the bumpers when you are driving it", how very true lol. With the packages I chose, I could not get the chrome bumpers, tis ok though for now and time will tell if I change these out.

First impression is WOW, while I really prefer the looks of the extended running boards, I must say that I do find these power running boards easier to get into the truck. I am not the tallest person, but first thing my wife and oldest son (he is much taller than me - not fair) would say when we took units out for a test drive is that they did not like how high they had to step up to get into the truck. My son noticed right away yesterday that these power boards are lower and there was no complaints about the height of stepping up into the truck, and I agree with him. The power boards deploy much faster in comparison to my Expedition, which is great, and I will most likely add the Amp Research Bedstep 2 steps to gain access to the bed from behind the cab. My dealer offered me the keys to take it out for a drive, it did not take much arm twisting for me to do this. The heated steering wheel is awesome and I was surprised at just how fast the truck was heating up the cabin. I was a bit surprised to see that Ford removed the ability to change the colours of the lights in things like the cup holders, as I assumed that since it was coming with the ambient lighting option, it would be the same as on my Expedition. I now see they changed this up to be just a single colour now, not sure why they did that. The truck drove really great and the four wheel drive handled really well in the snow. The seats are a lot more comfy than my Expedition and I am still surprised at just how much quieter it is inside driving down the road in comparison to the Expedition. From reading on the forum here, I had seen a few people mention that they did not receive the carpeted floor mats when they ordered the factory all-weather floor mats, so I was surprised to see that my truck did come with both. I also ordered the rear inflatable seat belts, and you can definitely tell they are different. The webbing is thicker and feels padded, like there is two layers with something between them, but they do not look like they will be uncomfortable or such to wear.

Now I have to wait a bit before I finally take it home, no worries though. I am adding the OEM sway bar, a hard folding tonneau cover, and the pivot storage box, and once those items arrive and are installed, I will take it home! I will post updates and more pics once I get the truck home, in the meantime, here are a couple exterior shots. ;-)

Old 12-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Great looking truck! Welcome to the forums.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:41 PM
Nuckingfuts
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice Rig, Congrats!

Old 12-07-2018, 06:42 PM
flumpydog
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tricon
Great looking truck! Welcome to the forums.
Thanks! ;-)

Old 12-07-2018, 06:42 PM
2019Platinum
Freshman User
I agree with your son. Painted bumpers. Although the wife wished I had went with chrome

Old 12-07-2018, 06:47 PM
sc954rr
Junior User
Great looking truck!

Old 12-07-2018, 06:51 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
nice truck!!..
ambient colors are set in the settings/display on the screen

Old 12-07-2018, 07:30 PM
flumpydog
Senior User
Originally Posted by sdetweil
nice truck!!..
ambient colors are set in the settings/display on the screen
Thanks!!!
Unfortunately this has been removed in the 2019 units and while it states it has the Ambient Colour option, it is really just a single colour option that you can no longer change and is no longer a menu option in Sync 3.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:32 PM
flumpydog
Senior User
Originally Posted by 2019Platinum
I agree with your son. Painted bumpers. Although the wife wished I had went with chrome
my wife prefers the chrome as well ;-)

Old 12-07-2018, 08:16 PM
flatlander2441
Senior User
Chrome

As the old bikers say "Chrome don't get ya home"

Old 12-07-2018, 08:40 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by flumpydog
Thanks!!!
Unfortunately this has been removed in the 2019 units and while it states it has the Ambient Colour option, it is really just a single colour option that you can no longer change and is no longer a menu option in Sync 3.
booo, thats terrible

Old 12-07-2018, 09:18 PM
TCNashville
Laughing Gas
Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts
I really like black trucks. Glad I went the same route.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Dfhall54
New User
Beautiful.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:26 PM
pepatrick01
Freshman User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love a black truck. I wish I had the black bumpers on mine. That would complete it nicely.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:28 PM
riveted
Trailering
Congratulations! Beautiful truck.

Quick Reply: It Has Arrived