2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Yup still shopping

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 05:47 PM
Chinookman
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Yup still shopping

so thanks for everyone's patience.

I learned of the 3k PCO to late and it's gone. Wife said maybe in July/Aug as the 2019's are released.
In the mean time I found one within my budget and with the few bells and whistles I like.
Let's face it, it won't be long dragging a trailer in the pasture will soon give it that country truck patina...lol...

Never owned a Silver painted vehicle so how well do they hold up with age?
I really amazed at the lean market on the SD! Lots and I mean lots of white trucks, sheesh! The few gold, red or blue are another 3-5 k, nah, pass.
The 2016's and 2017's with 20 to 60k about same price for a 2018 XLT in a lariat trim.

BTW, how in the world does one clock 40k to 50k on a 2017 SD???? whew.....

I'll even consider Black if available, but all other colors (other then appliance company truck white) are much steeper.
Sorry for the ramble anyway, what say you Silver owners?

Any regerts? Happy? satisfied? or a big Meh makes no difference?

This one: So how does silver hold up for you folks that have them?

Old 06-12-2018, 06:04 PM
wntrwhte
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just a note: XLT and Lariat are two separate trims, so you won't see an XLT Lariat. Doesn't exist.

Oxford white is the most common color on XL because it is the most popular color for work trucks. I had no issue finding other colors, in fact, black is probably the second most available color and I had to cross off about 50% of the trucks that met my criteria because they were black. I find silver to be kind of meh, but the Magnetic color is really nice.

Silver is going to show way fewer scratches and swirls than paint, if you're planning to give your truck the farm patina. White would actually show them the least.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
The silver is great, it shows very little like the white, but its not as boring. I've been pretty impressed with the paint, no chips or scratches after numerous offroad sessions and I even have some stout tires that stick outside the fenders a couple inches. Ingot Silver is a great choice.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Chinookman
More Turbo
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=wntrwhte;18033606]just a note: XLT and Lariat are two separate trims, so you won't see an XLT Lariat. Doesn't exist.

Oxford white is the most common color on XL because it is the most popular color for work trucks. I had no issue finding other colors, in fact, black is probably the second most available color and I had to cross off about 50% of the trucks that met my criteria because they were black. I find silver to be kind of meh, but the Magnetic color is really nice.

Silver is going to show way fewer scratches and swirls than paint, if you're planning to give your truck the farm patina. White would actually show them the least.[/QUOT]

Yeah I did a poor job of sharing that for the price of a 2016 lariat with 20k + I could get the XLT in a 2018 with what I pretty much would be content with.

Thanks....

Old 06-12-2018, 06:33 PM
Chinookman
More Turbo
Thumbs up Nice

Originally Posted by Tricon
The silver is great, it shows very little like the white, but its not as boring. I've been pretty impressed with the paint, no chips or scratches after numerous offroad sessions and I even have some stout tires that stick outside the fenders a couple inches. Ingot Silver is a great choice.
Thanks for sharing.....I see you have large meats as well so no doubt they kick up lots of road debris.
regards....

Old 06-12-2018, 06:38 PM
David1986
Laughing Gas
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm in the same boat! I'm trying to find an 18 without the Chrome Package. Most dealers within a reasonable drive their entire inventory has the Chrome PVD wheels, door handles, mirror caps etc.

Might have to wait and see what the 19 Sports look like.

Good luck with your search!

Old 06-12-2018, 06:38 PM
wntrwhte
Junior User
[QUOTE=Chinookman;18033640]
Originally Posted by wntrwhte
just a note: XLT and Lariat are two separate trims, so you won't see an XLT Lariat. Doesn't exist.

Silver is going to show way fewer scratches and swirls than paint, if you're planning to give your truck the farm patina. White would actually show them the least.[/QUOT]

Yeah I did a poor job of sharing that for the price of a 2016 lariat with 20k + I could get the XLT in a 2018 with what I pretty much would be content with.

Thanks....
XLT Premium is pretty much the same as a Lariat w/ value package, except you lose the cooled seats and leather, but save a big pile of cash. I was deciding between the lariat and the XLT premium and got the XLT premium.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:52 PM
Crabbman P
More Turbo
Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
My STX is Magnetic. They had white, silver and blue on the lot equipped the same and priced the same. the stripped down work XLs were all white.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:04 PM
mrgrayaz
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks pretty decent with the XLT Premium and chrome package I think .

Still a boring color but yes so much better then white or black.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:12 PM
Kck3
Freshman User
That's a clean looking truck in Ingot silver.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:25 PM
flatlander2441
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chinookman is right, most XL's are white or black I had to go out of m home state to find my "Race Red XL

Old 06-12-2018, 07:54 PM
WorkFE
Junior User
Originally Posted by Crabbman P
My STX is Magnetic. They had white, silver and blue on the lot equipped the same and priced the same. the stripped down work XLs were all white.
thats what I went with, no regrets. Even fairly dirty it looks good.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:00 PM
Stocks557
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=wntrwhte;18033656]
Originally Posted by Chinookman

XLT Premium is pretty much the same as a Lariat w/ value package, except you lose the cooled seats and leather, but save a big pile of cash. I was deciding between the lariat and the XLT premium and got the XLT premium.
If you are going to keep it then the XLT premium can make sense for saving a few grand if you can do without leather. However if you plan on trading in within five years the Lariat will make its money back and then some as the dealers don’t care what options the XLT has a few years down the road just that it’s an XLT.

As for the Silver this is my first one after a lifetime of Vermillion Red (Race Red was a no go for me). Seems to hide being dirty pretty well so far

Old 06-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Stocks557
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by David1986
I'm in the same boat! I'm trying to find an 18 without the Chrome Package. Most dealers within a reasonable drive their entire inventory has the Chrome PVD wheels, door handles, mirror caps etc.

Might have to wait and see what the 19 Sports look like.

Good luck with your search!
I had the same issue, dealer had to go a few hundred miles away just to get a Lariat SC without chrome package. Nuts if you ask me that people would pay more for chrome caps rather than body color mirror and door handle caps and that you get real aluminum rims without the chrome package.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:27 AM
toymaster
Laughing Gas
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Chinookman
BTW, how in the world does one clock 40k to 50k on a 2017 SD???? whew.....
Try 261,000 miles on a 2017.....
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...alumiduty.html

Quick Reply: Yup still shopping