2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Trash Can in cab - What do you all do for one?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 02:55 PM
Roy Homfeld
Trailering
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trash Can in cab - What do you all do for one?

I was wondering what you all do for a trash can in your crew cab? I am looking for something as an add on accessory. When my family and I go on road trips, we inherently have wrappers & trash. I just wondering if anyone has found a nice molded trash can that fits in the cab? I don't even mind if it sits behind the console in the second row. Automakers give us plenty of options for cup holders, but they typically never add a trash can. Just something small I can throw some kleenex or hamburger wrapper in.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:07 PM
jbrnigan
More Turbo
Received 130 Likes on 58 Posts
Walmart bag (I keep a bundle in a door pocket) - one handle looped around a koozie sitting in a cup holder - toss it when full. Not very pretty, but always handy.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:19 PM
Adam R
More Turbo
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts
They DW and offspring do a pretty good job of cramming the door pockets to the brim until I can't stand it anymore......and I go around and empty them. Due to my CDO (OCD), my corner of the vehicle is always clean.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:35 PM
Roy Homfeld
Trailering
I have used the trash liners before, but looking for something a little neater. Adam R, I concur... which is why I like to have a dedicated place for everyone to put their trash. I saw some for another vehicle on CarID that set on the backside of the console and had a trash can and a couple more drink holders, but haven't found anything for the Super Duty's yet.

As I am a lifelong Ford Pickup owner, but new to the forum, how do you change your name on the forum to something beside real name? I didn't see where you set your screen name in the User Profile.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:21 PM
ATX SD
Junior User
We have a little canvas bag that has a loop that goes around the headrest, so it sits behind (in our case) the driver's seat. We put a small trash can liner in it. It's big enough for the kind of junk you have on a long drive, but small enough to stay out of the way.

This isn't the one This isn't the one
but it's similar.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:52 PM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I stuff empty wrappers into a water bottle and put the cap back on.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:18 PM
K A M
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been doing this for years. Take a five gallon bucket and cut the top rings off and handle leaving the lowest ring. Get enough of elastic rope to make a snug loop around the top. I put a half roll of kitchen garbage bags in the bottom as a resupply and put one in the bucket for use. Place elastic rip around the top to hold the bag in place from when you throw something in the garbage the bag does not go in also because the bag is much larger and very loose without the rope. When ready to change pop off elastic rope, pull bag out, throw it away, get another clean bag from roll at bottom of bucket and put it in place secured with elastic rope.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:22 PM
ncl
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We have a small weighted trash can that's soft sided put in middle on floor in front of middle seat. Small but works well enough. Use grocery bags for liners.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:35 PM
K A M
Senior User
Originally Posted by K A M
I have been doing this for years. Take a five gallon bucket and cut the top rings off and handle leaving the lowest ring. Get enough of elastic rope to make a snug loop around the top. I put a half roll of kitchen garbage bags in the bottom as a resupply and put one in the bucket for use. Place elastic rip around the top to hold the bag in place from when you throw something in the garbage the bag does not go in also because the bag is much larger and very loose without the rope. When ready to change pop off elastic rope, pull bag out, throw it away, get another clean bag from roll at bottom of bucket and put it in place secured with elastic rope.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:58 PM
Tunaahelper
Mountain Pass
[QUOTE=K A M;17882294]

That looks too much like a puke bucket. haha. I stuff the door pockets.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:26 PM
K A M
Senior User
[QUOTE=Tunaahelper;17882399]
Originally Posted by K A M

That looks too much like a puke bucket. haha. I stuff the door pockets.
Well what ever you put in it will stay until to pull the bag. Won't leak through. I guess I'll get a black 5 gallon bucket so it match the interior to be fancy me.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:51 PM
xxxsherpa
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Lovers/marriage knot?

Old 03-23-2018, 09:03 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,774 Likes on 1,342 Posts
I throw everything in the passenger floorboard. Once a week or so I just empty it out (I park next to our trash cans by the garage at home). 99% of my trash is water bottles and receipts. No food.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:38 AM
cdk888
Junior User
I use one of these. Rubbermaid car trash can. I can reach it while driving easily.

Last edited by cdk888; 03-24-2018 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Photo did not paste
Old 03-24-2018, 08:12 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 238 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrnigan
Walmart bag (I keep a bundle in a door pocket) - one handle looped around a koozie sitting in a cup holder - toss it when full. Not very pretty, but always handy.
I agree and when it`s full, just tie a knot in the handles, or not, and just toss the entire bag and start over with a new one.
The only foldable, fully disposable, and "FREE" trash can on the market plus you can have a spare one in your back pocket or many in your vehicle and not even see them. Lol

Quick Reply: Trash Can in cab - What do you all do for one?