2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2018 F250 XLT Premium Dash upgrades to match higher Trim levels

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 11:57 AM
atkinjr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 F250 XLT Premium Dash upgrades to match higher Trim levels

So I recently bought a new 2018 F250 XLT Premium and didn't really start to notice the difference in the trim packages between the XLT Premium and Lariat after the sale was complete. I regret not looking into the details for the different Trim levels, but I needed a truck ASAP considering my 6.4 Lariat started nickle and diming me. I've already replaced the steering wheel and added leather seats. I would like to replace the instrument cluster for the 8 inch and possibly replace the Climate Bezel to add Auto Climate control. Below are the questions I Need help answering.

1. Can you replace the instrumentation cluster behind the steering wheel with the Lariat 8 inch screen?
2. If yes, What is the part number and what are the steps involved for installing and programming?
3. I know replacing the Climate bezel will add auto climate control, but will remove the heated seat functionality and not add the dual climate feature. Did anyone figure out how to keep the heated seats that are factory with the XLT Premium? What are the steps, if possible? Part number on Bezel?
4. Part number for Auto Dimming rear view mirror?
5. Part number of homelink light visor and passenger light visor?

Old 02-21-2018, 12:11 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
You can certainly replace the IPC, I did in my XLT for $165 from a local pick your parts warehouse. I didn't need to do anything, just plugged it in and everything worked.

Here's the engineering number, not sure what this translates to for fordparts.com part number. You can look it up by VIN if you can get a VIN off a platinum or lariat on a dealer lot.

Not sure about the climate control, be interested to find out if anyone has actually done that yet. I believe you wont get the dual control, but I think you can add the seat heater buttons to Sync via Forscan.

The homelink visors I think you should skip. There's a lot of threads here on how worthless they are.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:28 PM
atkinjr
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tricon
You can certainly replace the IPC, I did in my XLT for $165 from a local pick your parts warehouse. I didn't need to do anything, just plugged it in and everything worked.

Here's the engineering number, not sure what this translates to for fordparts.com part number. You can look it up by VIN if you can get a VIN off a platinum or lariat on a dealer lot.

Not sure about the climate control, be interested to find out if anyone has actually done that yet. I believe you wont get the dual control, but I think you can add the seat heater buttons to Sync via Forscan.

The homelink visors I think you should skip. There's a lot of threads here on how worthless they are.

Thanks for the reply! So you didn't have to reprogram anything in the cluster including the Odometer? What state are you located? I'm in North Alabama and I wouldn't even know where to look locally for used parts. I've been ordering from wearefordparts.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:30 PM
atkinjr
Senior User
Instrument Cluster - Ford (HC3Z-10849-PJ)

• List Price: $774.91
  • You Save: $228.91 (30% off)
  • Sale Price: $546.00
I think the HC3T on your cluster is for a F150, but I doubt it matters. How would I go about finding something locally?

Old 02-21-2018, 12:36 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
No, its an engineering number. Its definitely not for an F150 because it has the 6.7L diesel 4k RPM redline on the tach.

$546 isnt a bad price. Mine had 18 miles on it, so it was "used", others have said they have had issues finding them used.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:40 PM
atkinjr
Senior User
No, its an engineering number. Its definitely not for an F150 because it has the 6.7L diesel 4k RPM redline on the tach.

$546 isnt a bad price. Mine had 18 miles on it, so it was "used", others have said they have had issues finding them used.

So 18 miles on it which "means" it stores the mileage locally on the unit itself? So which it not showing the true odometer, would that cause issues with warranty or down the road selling the truck when it ask for True odometer reading? Can this be fixed to show the Correct odometer?

Old 02-21-2018, 12:43 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by atkinjr
So 18 miles on it which "means" it stores the mileage locally on the unit itself? So which it not showing the true odometer, would that cause issues with warranty or down the road selling the truck when it ask for True odometer reading? Can this be fixed to show the Correct odometer?
Depends on your state, you can get it reprogrammed to adjust the mileage to what your current mileage is. In CA I can just get a notarized statement that the mileage is 2170 miles (I put it in at 2,200miles) off and leave it at that.

Other than that, I just plugged it in and went with it.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:47 PM
atkinjr
Senior User
That's cool. Thanks for the reply. Do you plan on upgrading the center bezel as well? I believe they are fairly cheap to buy online. Key feature would be to keep the heated seats. I can care less about the dual climate or Cool seats in which both wouldnt work anyway, but I can't trade AUTO climate for heated seats.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:00 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
I've looked into it...I don't really care either way. I don't have heated seats...I live in CA. Heated seats are like bringing your girlfriend to the stripclub. Makes no sense here lol.

Let me know if you find the part number. I'm curious what it would cost and if I can find one at my local LKQ. I turned the AC controls on with FORscan so I have the temp adjustments on my Sync screen. Its missing some features without that center controls piece. If its cheap, sure Ill chuck one in. But I really dont care to be honest. 99% of the time its AC on full blast. No need to auto that since I know its hot as ***** out anyways.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:48 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Tricon do you have any pictures of that cluster illuminated? This is what mine looks like. I'm trying to figure out the key differences or features for the upgrade. Thx

Old 02-21-2018, 02:53 PM
atkinjr
Senior User

So its 4k on 6.7 and 6k on 6.2?

Old 02-21-2018, 03:28 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by LiquidSteam
Tricon do you have any pictures of that cluster illuminated? This is what mine looks like. I'm trying to figure out the key differences or features for the upgrade. Thx

Sure, here you go dude!

The one reason I really wanted this was so I could see my actual oil and tranny temps at all times. Great FORscan mod.

Originally Posted by atkinjr
So its 4k on 6.7 and 6k on 6.2?
Correct, you need to get the gas or diesel IPC based on which you need.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:30 PM
nbayless36
Senior User

Here ya go

Old 02-21-2018, 03:35 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
great always quick response from Tricon!

I am now noticing that I don't have the specific digital temp read outs since you brought it up lol. That screen does look great and I would definitely upgrade for the price you were able to upgrade at. I won't be doing it for $550 but I'll keep my eye out for a used cluster in the future.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:41 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
great always quick response from Tricon!

I am now noticing that I don't have the specific digital temp read outs since you brought it up lol. That screen does look great and I would definitely upgrade for the price you were able to upgrade at. I won't be doing it for $550 but I'll keep my eye out for a used cluster in the future.
I'm going to head out to that warehouse pretty soon and see if they have some more. Might just buy up all the ones they have if I can get some. I'll set one aside for you if I can get em.

Quick Reply: 2018 F250 XLT Premium Dash upgrades to match higher Trim levels